Author Topic: Walmart Black Series 6" Scariff Stormtrooper  (Read 6388 times)

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Walmart Black Series 6" Scariff Stormtrooper
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2016, 01:21 PM »
The whole WM exclusive thing is an utter and complete disaster here in SoCal's San Fernando Valley. We have four stores. In Woodland Hills, employees are stealing the stock. Just today their system shows they have a case of these and no one can find them. Same store has not had 3.75 Black series at all since before Sept 30th because their system shows they have two cases on hand and no one can find them. In Burbank, a Hot Wheels guy has claimed ownership to the store. He tells anyone looking for Hot Wheels, Star Wars or Marvel Legends to "Find another store, this one's mine." He physically blocks people from getting product and none of the employees care. In fact, I've seen them bring him a fresh case of 6 inch Wave 2 on Monday. Panorama City is a joke. They're clogged with old product and refuse to make room for new stock. I had a conversation with their toy people and management and they just don't grasp the concept that the are sacrificing the sale of 100 pieces to move 10. Porter Ranch, the final store, is just too far out of my way and they have a very small and empty SW section. On-Line, we all know the deal there. So in one of the Largest cities in the US, WM can't figure out how to supply their stores.

Likely the same story a little ways north of you in my area in Fresno...  I hit several Walmarts over the weekend to little avail.  I did manage to find some of the new 3.75" Rogue One figures (so not a complete bust) but none of the new Wave 2 and exclusive 6" figures.  There are still Finn and Constable Zuvio figures en masse at some locations!  However in my area there are 6 Walmarts in about a 10 mile radius with that number increasing to 11-12 if I go further afield, so somewhere there has to be something.  I have found previous exclusives (like that Shocktrooper figure from last year) typically at stores in lower-income areas of town where the general populace doesn't want to pay $20 for an action figure...
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 7, 2016, 03:57 PM »
Update to my previous post - today I decided to head out to one of the more distant Walmarts in my area (the Kerman, CA store).  Turned out to be worth the trip as they had at least 10 of the Scarif Stormtrooper figures for the $16.82 price!  There was only one figure on the pegs and the rest were in a Star Wars end cap display.  A number of the boxes had dust on them, so they may have been there a while...  Either way, I'm glad to have finally come across them ;D 

Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2016, 02:38 PM »
Found about 10 of these on the shelf at Walmart in Glenville, NY (nearly Albany). I picked up my one. Nice looking unique figure.
I am not the Stig