Collectibles > The Clone Wars '08-'13

2008 Clone Wars Packaging Revealed

<< < (3/5) > >>

Darth Broem:
Again in the past Hasbro had said the figures were going to be realistic.  However, I think that was for the old clone wars show.  For this one they probably want to promote the new show as much as possible.  I think that is why they will be in the animated style.  Yeah, the adult collectors may not go for it but the whole point here is to attract new collectors/kids.  They will try it out at least. 

jedi_master_sal:
Okay so they won't be the CW season 1 or 2 style. I think we can all agree to that. It wouldn't make sense to make CW3 in that style as they are completely different.

It's the sticking point of whether they will be CW3 style or realistic. Hasbro may be fudging the lines between realistic and animated. I can see them saying the CW3 is more realistic an not cartoon. But that doesn't jive. CW3 style IS still a cartoon style if not the same as CW1 and 2.

The packaging leads me heavily to believe the figures will be CW3 style.

If so, I'm saving money on the action figure line. I do NOT need to collect these figures all over again. I will certainly pick up one at least for the packaging. The vibe I get on the vehicles is that they will be realistic as that translates well to both the realistic and cartoon lines well enough.

In a way I AM hoping they are animated style so I CAN save money on the line.  I just hope after the cartoon that the line doesn't remain animated style. But if it does, I can hang up the action figure portion of the line at least. Maybe that's a good thing...

Darth_Anton:
No question about me putting a carded collection to rest starting here. I'll be interested to see the figures end results. Would be weird to have an animated picture, but a realistic figure.

Brian:
I kind of like the packaging too, for what it is.  I mean, I'll always prefer styles like the vintage, OTC, and even TAC line, but this is for a cartoon - and seems to fit well.  As far as the style of the figures go, I kind of think that they might be animated as well (to an extent).  I'm thinking something like Jesse mentioned with the TAC Wave 3 Obi-Wan figure.  I think they'll have somewhat "normal", articulated bodies, but the headsculpts may show a bit of an animated influence.  Like others have said, I think that Hasbro was talking more about the previous Clone Wars series when they said they weren't making anymore animated figures.  I don't think we'll see any more of the extreme animated, no poseability figures from Hasbro - at least not in a large release.  This new Clone Wars series could go on for years, and will likely be an ongoing line for at least awhile, so I think they'll be articulated "action" figures, but the likeness is up in the air for now.

I guess I'm in the minority, but if I'm being honest, I'll probably collect them either way.  I'd rather see a more realistic style to fit in with everything else, but I know when it comes down to it, I'll likely be collecting the line.  I think the vehicles will be able to fit in either way, which is a good thing for everyone.  Anyways, back to the packaging, it looks pretty nice and will definitely stand out on the shelves I think.

ruiner:
You have to admire the work that Pilot does.

They really do get it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version