Author Topic: JD Fantasy Baseball 2006  (Read 64221 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: JD Fantasy Baseball 2006
« Reply #90 on: April 10, 2006, 12:52 AM »
I was afraid it meant infinity.   >:(

So if I follow, it just can't be calculated for the specific intance but it can be factored into my team's overall WHIP and ERA.

Indeed sir you are correct.

It's April baseball, this **** happens.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 12, 2006, 11:04 AM »
Updating my earlier question...  There is now a "Maximum Games and Innings" link showing up near the bottom of my "My Team" page.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 12, 2006, 12:14 PM »
Updating my earlier question...  There is now a "Maximum Games and Innings" link showing up near the bottom of my "My Team" page.

Yeah I saw that after Opening Day last week.  Much easier than using the team log and doing a calculation.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 13, 2006, 01:49 PM »
Do NOT try to bully me via pm:

I've spoken to a 3rd manager about what's going on here, and he agrees with me that it's not fair.  So the take home message here is that if you veto my trade a 3rd time, myself and 2 other managers will be forced to disallow all trades of your's for the entire season.  So please carefully consider what you're doing here before you completely eliminate your option to trade throughout the season.

That's what you wrote in your pm to me, among other tidbits.  Yes, it was intended to be private, but if you want to threaten me in this league, do it out front of everyone.  I don't give you great amounts of grief publicly or privately, so do not single me out with bull****. 

I don't happen to see your trade as fair, here's why:

Kevin doesn't need Pudge in any way, shape or form.  He has Posada, a decent catcher who's not going to do him any harm.  If he wants a backup, he could do one hell of a lot worse than Johjima who may turn out to be one of the better catchers of the year.  He may not, but ain't a whole lot of people sweating a backup catcher at the moment.

You're taking two disabled guys back?  Yeah, one of whom is scheduled to pitch on Sunday and should be doing just fine (Sheets).  The other guy you can shuttle off to the DL spot and not lose any sleep over.  Gagne is a risk, but if he comes back healthy, wow, what a trade for you to bolster your roster in the second half of the season. 

In return Kevin also gets Valverde and Duke.  You say he's desperate for an RP because Foulke "lost his job".  We're two weeks into the season.  There's a whole waiver wire out there, so why is Kevin going exclusively to you for an RP?  I'd say Kevin's being just a little impatient and lazy here. 

Sorry, I see the trade favoring you over the duration of the season and no net benefit to Kevin that he couldn't obtain simply by going to the waiver wire.  I don't think Kevin spends enough time thinking on his own and comes to you for advice far too quickly.  I don't like the trade but I guess you can make me the Holo Elvis for the year two weeks in.  Enjoy winning the season Matt. ::)

« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 02:04 PM by Morgbug »
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 13, 2006, 02:08 PM »
Hey - I'm not commisioner.  But I don't feel like being bullied by the 3 of you idiots over some fantasy beefs that date back a couple years.

If you 3 are going to gang up on me, I'm going to gang up on you too.  If I'm not allowed to make trades, then you won't be making any either, I'll personally preside over the veto.

You seriously didn't think I was just going to take that from you 3 clowns, I hope you were smart enough to at least realize that.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 13, 2006, 02:09 PM »
That pretty much sums up my feelings as well and explains why I voted against the trade.  You're I can't help it if Brent and Scott and or anyone else agreed.  You two have a history of agreeing to trades that consistently benefit you more than Kevin and so I voted against it because I didn't feel like it was an even deal.

Are you suggesting that Brent and Scott and I are somehow meeting in a secret smoke-filled room and conspiring to stop your trades out of spite?  

Fact is, my vote depended on the players to be moved - and nothing else.  If you want to threaten to form little alliances to block trades - I'm fine with that.  I'm happy with the team I drafted - but this league is a little over a week old and there shouldn't be any problems at this point.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 13, 2006, 02:10 PM »
Oh, and show Kevin how he can pick up a team closer with 30 save stuff, with a low ERA and WHIP and high K ratio, like the one he asked me for, and Kev will go pick him up right now.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 13, 2006, 02:11 PM »
If you guys want any more comments from me on this, we can do it via PM.

Just don't you 3 be shocked when you can't get a trade through later in the season, because you decided to bust my balls over obtaining 2 injured/high injury risk pitchers in week 2.  Really dumb stuff.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 13, 2006, 02:12 PM »
Hey - I'm not commisioner.  But I don't feel like being bullied by the 3 of you idiots over some fantasy beefs that date back a couple years.

If you 3 are going to gang up on me, I'm going to gang up on you too.  If I'm not allowed to make trades, then you won't be making any either, I'll personally preside over the veto.

You seriously didn't think I was just going to take that from you 3 clowns, I hope you were smart enough to at least realize that.

Looks like while I was typing you went ahead and confirmed my suspicion.

There's no collusion here Dressel, there's no conspiracy and it has nothing to do with some imaginary past grudge.  I'm hoping my team will unseat you as champ fair and square - and I'm in second place, I've got every right to vote against a trade that I think will give your team substantially better players than you'll be giving up.  And if you didn't want a 1/3rd veto included in trade scenarios, before the season would be the time to do it.

Offer Kevin a legtimately fair trade that doesn't involve you getting potential top-notch players in exchange for a catcher with a good BA and I won't vote against it.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #99 on: April 13, 2006, 02:35 PM »
Matt, take it from me, you are lucky to even be in the league to begin with.  Past history has everything to do with that. Everything you two do is going to be evaluated and scrutinized even more than it should be. 

Why the **** would you trade for someone you just dropped last week in Gagne who isn't even going to play this year?  That right there is enough to me to send up a warning signal. 

Its not our fault Kevin missed half of the draft and drafted 6 first basemen...I'm not going to let him trade away all of his good players to you and nothing to anyone else as he has the past 3 years, sorry

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 13, 2006, 02:38 PM »
Fine.  Argument over, I have nothing else to add.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 13, 2006, 02:56 PM »
Oh, and show Kevin how he can pick up a team closer with 30 save stuff, with a low ERA and WHIP and high K ratio, like the one he asked me for, and Kev will go pick him up right now.

I think it's Kevin's job to figure out who that might be.  Not mine to point him out and not yours to babysit him.  Nobody's helping me out and I haven't had a lifelong exposure to baseball up here in Canada.  Frankly I'm still not even clear on what WHIP is, just that I need it to be low. 

As for the high risk pitcher deal, yeah, sure.  You and I are both really stupid, aren't we.  You picked up Mark Prior 10 days ago, a pitcher that's high risk and on the DL.  Shortly after I snapped up Kerry Wood, a pitcher that's high risk and on the DL.  Tell me honestly we weren't both really happy to see the Cuspids drop those guys.  I don't see any difference with Sheets/Gagne. 

Whatever, the waiver wire's where we'll be at for the year, no trades.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 13, 2006, 03:27 PM »

As for the high risk pitcher deal, yeah, sure.  You and I are both really stupid, aren't we.  You picked up Mark Prior 10 days ago, a pitcher that's high risk and on the DL.  Shortly after I snapped up Kerry Wood, a pitcher that's high risk and on the DL.  Tell me honestly we weren't both really happy to see the Cuspids drop those guys.  I don't see any difference with Sheets/Gagne. 

Bug, that's not even relevant.  We picked them up for absolutely nothing, we gave nothing up.  When it's free, it's not a risk. 

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #103 on: April 14, 2006, 03:48 AM »
Same ol' **** as always in here, I see!  Good Lord...  :-X

P.S.  Go Angels and Dodgers!!

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 14, 2006, 10:55 AM »
Same ol' **** as always in here, I see!  Good Lord...  :-X

P.S.  Go Angels and Dodgers!!

Bah, it's good for the state of the competition...ups the ante a few notches and makes it a grudge match.  Good stuff.  Makes for a sweeter 3-peat.

:)