Author Topic: Are there any Vehicle Lines Scaled Somewhat Correctly?  (Read 9440 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Are there any Vehicle Lines Scaled Somewhat Correctly?
« on: January 24, 2006, 03:55 PM »
Obviously it doesn't (and probably can't really) happen in the basic Hasbro figure line, as much as we'd like it too...since ships like the Falcon, AT-AT, Star Destroyers, etc. would be ginormous.  I wasn't sure if this was the right area to post this or not, but I figured Titanium, Action Fleet, Micro, etc. were as close as we could get.  I was looking at the Titanium stuff the other day at Target, and was tempted to pick up the Death Star, but saw other ships that were the same size.  Basically, I was wondering if there has ever been a vehicle line like this that was in scale with each other (if that makes sense)?  A line where the Falcon, TIE, X-Wing, Death Star, and Speeder Bikes weren't all the same size, but scaled close to correctly with each other.  Kind of an odd ball question, I know, but I was just curious if we've seen anything like this.  It would be nice to set up a vehicle display where the ships could be proportional to each other, and maybe even dream of a scaled Death Star, even if the ships had to be smaller to accommodate that.  Anyways...long question short, are any lines even close?

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Are there any Vehicle Lines Scaled Somewhat Correctly?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 12:54 AM »
Unfortunately, I think the answer is simply no.  The 3 3/4" line is probably the closest thing you'll get "to scale" since the Micro/Titanium lines are all designed to be the same size and throw scale out the window.  :-\

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 12:01 PM »
Definately, when you consider that-- even in the ultra line, the ARC170 is so small compared to the tri fighter and others.

Offline jkno

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 3, 2006, 01:21 PM »
Unfortunately they are not scaled with each other. Hasbro somehow repeates the "mistakes" of Galoob by having a ship in certain dimensions in a box (Galoob also wasn't allowed to exceed some dimesions). ARC Fighter is too small for the Tri-Fighter.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 03:02 PM »
Well, there is the Wizard's of the Coast minis line, actually.  Granted, it hasn't put out a lot of the larger ships yet that Brian mentioned above, but the ones it does put out are pretty spot on so far when it comes to scale.  I know they've done the AT-AT, AT-ST, and some of the smaller ships and speeders at this point, all to-scale.  I guess it's just a question of whether they add more new vehicles into the mix in the future, to round out the line.

They've got the upcoming Starfighters game, but I believe it's a stand-alone thing, and possibly/probably not compatible with their standard minis line, though it would be cool if it was.  BUT, that set is supposed to all be in scale with eachother, now that I think about it, and it's supposed to include pretty much EVERYTHING.  So that may be your best bet, if you're willing to tough the treacherous waters out that you'll encounter when it comes to completing sets from WOTC (blind boxes, Very Rares, rares, uncommons, commons, etc.)

I know I'll be picking it up since I generally dig collecting WOTC's Star Wars product.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: November 9, 2006, 03:35 AM »
I thought I'd bump this thread just because the new Minis starship battles game is to be in-scale with one another by ship class I do believe...  Not mixing classes though...  IE: an Executor Class Destroyer won't be in-scale with an Imperator/Imperial class Destroyer, but an X-Wing would be in line with at TIE Fight, etc...  Or at least that's the claim.  So far though I don't trust that 100% and think there will be scale screw-ups a-plenty.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jkno

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2006, 10:47 AM »
I'm very curious to see the long awaited WOTC starships. From the pics we can see here some of the capital ships look really good, on the other hand some of the smaller fighters have that annoying warping effect due to the weak plastic

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2006, 11:57 AM »
It's a shame that the original Micro Machines line wasn't scale correctly to eachother, that was one of the main reasons that the line didn't appeal to me.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: January 7, 2007, 02:54 AM »
That's an interesting idea really Anton...  A line that does to-scale things only, and in relation to each other as well.  Fighters would be miniscule for instance, but a Death Star would be a fairly massive item (if even possible still, that one's tough to even fathom).  Still though, I could easily see capital ships with the teeny tiny fighters working out.  That'd be neat.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline nerdlinger

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Toy+Life
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2010, 05:24 PM »
We just got into stock the Japanese F-Toys Vehicle Collection which are suppose to all be 1:144 scale. Besides the fact that they are all roughly the same scale, the level of detail is pretty amazing (especially considering the price). Here's an example:

I'm looking forward to getting in the 3rd series in the next couple weeks too. It has more starships like the X-Wing, B-Wing, A-Wing, and TIE Interceptor.