Author Topic: UGP chat  (Read 20564 times)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Re: UGP chat
« Reply #105 on: February 11, 2007, 10:45 AM »
hmmm, i dont know why you didnt get the Newsletter, I added everyone in my address book for this, ill just PM you a copy and get it to you soon. Same with the zip file :P

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #106 on: February 11, 2007, 07:00 PM »
Thanks Smarty - got the stuff 8)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #107 on: February 11, 2007, 11:19 PM »
Im sorry I didnt attend tonight, I dont know how many people made it, but my dad made me go to a church thing tonight, i got back like and hour after it was scheduled, :-[ I'm soooo sorry all.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 12, 2007, 10:33 AM »
Damn.  I'm sorry I missed the chat.  My son's birthday was this weekend and we just got totally tied up with family stuff.

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #109 on: February 12, 2007, 11:06 AM »
Happy b-day Brent.

I tried really hard to get to the chat - and made it in, like 3 times. And got crashed every single time.... guess it didn't like my Mac?

Anything get decided? Anyone with highlights?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 12, 2007, 01:09 PM »
Here's my notes from last night's chat - feel free to add to this/comment on this guys.

Attendance -

- Daigo-Bah
- Darth Ennis
- Pendragon
- Ryan
- Chewie

Here's a summary of what took place -

- discussed that we should accept the offer of Niub Niub to allow for us to use his space, will most likely be a 9 x 6 area - I would suggest that we donate something to his diorama effort since he is helping us out - he needs Endor figures

- discussed that if we go down to 9 x 6, we will need to adjust the scope of the set - what should be sacrificed?  the forest area?  mountains?  spaceport?  can we only have a city now?  do we still need a wall?

- decided it will probably be best to only have 10 or less Rebels in the scene

- will need to concentrate mainly on custom citizens moving forward

- may throw in a twist of "Force Unleashed" into the diorama somewhere, with Vader standing over a custom dead Jedi, and a couple other custom Jedi fighting a group of Stormtroopers

- we need to make a comprehensive list of what we have so far for this in terms of figures, vehicles and buildings and take pictures

- I am going to email Niub Niub (Frank) this week to discuss in further detail what we need to do

:P

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #111 on: February 12, 2007, 03:31 PM »
Yes we still need a wall, at least along the back and one or two of the sides. With a wall and a backdrop we can create the illusion of depth. Since we are getting a much smaller space we need that if we want the thing to have any scope.
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 12, 2007, 03:32 PM »
Have we discussed how tall the wall should be?

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 12, 2007, 03:35 PM »
Thanks for the summary Chewie.

Besides the citizens, the most obvious pressing need is for construction of buildings to begin.  Was their any talk of who was going to spearhead the effort of modifying the layout?  I think it needs to be a single person (almost dictator style).  We don't have time to what for a committee to come to an agreement.  Or minimally, the project heads (Phruby, Ryan, Chewie and Glassman) need to make the consensus decision.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #114 on: February 12, 2007, 03:37 PM »
I was thinking around 8" or so, about twice the height of a normal figure. If the poit of the wall is to a) keep the wilderness out and b) defend the city from ground forces, much shorter than 8" would be too easy to climb and wouldn't serve much of a purpose.

Edited to reflect Brent's post:

I'll go ahead and take control of modifying the layout, since that does kind of fall under diorama design. I'm assigning a new building project in the next few days here, Toy Fair prevented it from being assigned this weekend. Since we know it will be 9 x 6 I'm going to start work on the blueprints.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 03:41 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 12, 2007, 05:06 PM »
Sounds great guys, Ryan please by all means modify the layout.

Also if it's going to be 6 x 9 - will we still have an entrance viewing area to it (like a cutout) - I'm not sure if we can?

For the wall, do you think it would be ok to make it modular?  As in several pieces that can be rearranged once on site if necesary?

I could maybe do the wall area, and make several pieces for it.  This is a crappy example pic, but what do you think of the texture looking something like this -

I made a wall from foamcore a while back that is about 10 inches tall, and is about 2 inches thick.  It use it for photonovels, it kind of looks like concrete.  I could maybe do a few of them that are 8 inches tall, and have a varied length - some a foot long, some two feet long, and so forth.

Thoughts?

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #116 on: February 12, 2007, 09:30 PM »
That looks good - in my opinion anyway. It looks like an industrial construction that was made quickly (constructed by the Empire when they came), and that's seen it's fair share of trouble.

And thanks for the update - that was really annoying...

I really wish we didn't have to make it 9x6 tho.

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 24, 2007, 08:58 AM »
Smarty or whoever does the newsletters, make sure you still have me on the list please. I signed up twice already but only got like 2 letters total.
"I don't think that anything shows a greater passion for Star Wars than when a collector attempts to make their own figures."
-CHEWIE

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #118 on: February 24, 2007, 12:05 PM »
There have only been like two letters total...
"This is the way."

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 1, 2007, 02:38 AM »
Do you guys still chat? If so, on what days and times? I would like joint one if I have the time. Thanks
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link