Author Topic: Vintage Collection Rumors  (Read 253584 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Collection Rumors
« Reply #810 on: May 4, 2022, 01:15 PM »
Yeah, there wasn't anything here that really grabbed my attention or made me feel that I absolutely must have these.  I don't play the games, so I don't have any attachment to the Gaming Great figures.  I have too many clones, though the 332nd is "new".  Anakin is on-card, so I'll pick that up.

The only figures that were exciting to me were the Modal Nodes but they're TBS.  Hopefully we'll be seeing the percussionist Bith in the deluxe boxes soon.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: May 4, 2022, 01:19 PM »
All of the TVC reveals were things we saw coming.  It's good to see the hardcopies of the 332nd Clone and the Mauldalorian.  The update to Anakin looks reasonably good.  But the way they had the softgoods on the figure in the glam shots looked really odd.

I love troop builder packs

Irritates me that they did not take the opportunity to put out a new Red Captain or Yellow Commander using that VC45 sculpt instead of a Blue Lt. (which they already did as VC109).  :-\

The phase 1 Clone Troopers in this set were predictable.  Based on how much Hasbro had been leaning into The Clone Wars over the past couple of years, you had to see a Clone Trooper 4-pack coming from a mile away.  I appreciate that they gave these figures the new Clone head sculpt that debuted in the Bad Batch 4-pack.  I am getting a little tired of this VC-045 sculpt though.  The legs look out of proportion.

I can see why you're irritated here, Jeff.  They specifically cited the fact that the Clone Lieutenant had been previously released as a basic figure on a card.  And perhaps that's why they went with the Lieutenant here - in order to leave the option open down the line to have a first release for a Sergeant, Captain or Commander on a TVC card before being included in a multipack.

Beyond all of that?  I think it's clear that a number of things are being held in reserve for the weekly Obi-Wan Kenobi product reveals via the Official Site, as well as at Star Wars Celebration later this month.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: July 6, 2022, 04:58 PM »
Kudos to Hasbro/Disney getting Kenobi figures out fairly quickly after the series has come out.  I believe this is the first time since The Rise of Skywalker and the first time with a Star Wars streaming property that they've managed this.

I wonder if Disney and Hasbro are getting a little better working relationship, or what allowed inside information to get to Hasbro in time to sculpt and produce figures in time?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: July 6, 2022, 05:23 PM »
I have to think that some of the availability had to do with the fact that we knew so many of the characters in the OWK series already.  Reva was always going to be a central part of the story as well as the promotional materials, so it didn't hurt to have her in the mix.  It was also made abundantly clear that we were going to see Obi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Vader in the series.  So there was no spoiler element there.

Plus, Hasbro worked in some strategic reissues - the AOTC Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker and the 501st Clones.  Even the TPM Padawan Anakin with the training helmet was a decent stand-in for some of the younglings in the prologue scene!

I think that's a lot different from The Mandalorian, where the showrunners really wanted us to come along for the ride as this mysterious new corner of the Star Wars universe was unfolding.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: February 1, 2023, 04:06 PM »
Wait, did Hasbro do a good job with OWK?

An Obi-Wan in two versions. 
A really nice Vader, but the 40th Vader they've made
A repurposed Jawa
A kit-bashed Trooper
A Disney 4-Pack of random droids and a poorly articulated NED-B
Reva.

And now, battle damaged versions of figures we already have.

That's not nothing, but it's not much considering how many interesting characters there are in that show. 

Where's young Leia?  Fifth Brother?  Fourth Sister?  Tala Durith?  The Grand Inquisitor?  TVC NED-B?  Bail and Breha Organa?  Haja?  Owen and Beru Lars?  Flea / Vect Kokru?  Roken? 

The offerings were so thin I bought extra re-release / photo-real Obi-Wan and Anakin from EII so I could put the flashback scene into the shelf.
« Last Edit: February 1, 2023, 09:33 PM by Rob »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #815 on: February 1, 2023, 07:20 PM »
One thing about that pipe-lined two-pack...it should be a new Obi-Wan.  I don't think they can just repaint the wandering Jedi figure for that one.
This is the way.

I have spoken.