Author Topic: Stranger Things - Netflix  (Read 19705 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Stranger Things - Netflix
« Reply #30 on: July 8, 2019, 11:16 AM »
Finished this morning.  Great series and season.  Some minor complaints.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #31 on: July 8, 2019, 04:22 PM »
Finished last night, awesome season and lots of love to many of our favorite movies.  Dustin hands down is the greatest part of this season

Now the wait starts for S4

Online McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 8, 2019, 08:22 PM »
I’m three episodes in too, trying to space them out to one a day to savor it. My daughter already finished them all of course, watching them on her phone. I’m really enjoying this season so far too.

I just hope there is a scene coming up where Nancy smashes a coffee pot over stupid Jake Busey’s head!  >:D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 8, 2019, 10:39 PM »
I wish I had that self control McMetal. I honestly wish this was on once a week for eight weeks. So good but sucks it's all over four days later for me.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 9, 2019, 09:32 AM »
We binged the whole season in one day...   Solid season but nothing still touches the first season.

Dustin is my favorite character for sure.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 9, 2019, 01:17 PM »
Watched them all over the weekend. I will hold off on spoilers for a while...

I liked it better than the second season by a little. Slow build to tons of action, but I was disappointed in the zero development of the "lore" concerning the the Upside Down. For all that was accomplished character-wise this season, it still felt like the show's spinning its wheels as far as the overarching mythology.

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 9, 2019, 02:04 PM »
I felt that way about the Upside Down for a little while. But in the end I'm ok being as in the dark about it as the characters are.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 9, 2019, 09:11 PM »
We watched it the first two days it was out, although I sort of wanted to spread it out a bit as well. I love the show so much, so it is often bittersweet when it is done. We love the season, but the long wait ahead for new episodes is brutal. Watching Season 3 was especially fun, as our daughter had been asking for a year or two to watch it, and I told her this summer (she turns 12), we could start it from the beginning as a family. She is now obsessed. This show is kind of tailor made for me (like many here I imagine), and I have loved every bit of it so far. Going through our second watch thru now.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2019, 01:48 AM »
Just finished season three.  Loved it!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2019, 01:55 AM »
Not sure where people are at with wanting to talk spoilers yet but curious what people's thoughts on Hopper were this season. I had no problem with him. His past experiences made him who he is. But I've read some interesting angry posts about his character online.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2019, 11:14 AM »
I thought he was great!  Typical dad of a teenaged daughter, plus a good cop.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2019, 05:22 AM »
I thought Hopper was great this season. In fact, I thought Season 3 was far better than Season 2, and the only redeeming aspect of Season 2 is that we needed the story elements of Season 2 to "happen" in order to get us to the story that was presented in season 3. As far as overall story, pacing, character arcs, what each of the characters got to do, etc... this season was fantastic. The extra year break between seasons 2 and 3 really showed in the quality of the product.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2019, 08:47 AM »
Finished it last night.  It was a solid season.  It’s not super clever, but it is great pulpy fun. 

Online McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2019, 09:28 AM »
I wrapped this up last night too and 100% agree this was way better than last season. Have some questions about the end, but will hold off for now.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2019, 06:51 PM »
Definitely agree that it was better than S2... and way darker than the previous seasons.  I thought Hopper was fine, so I don't understand the complaints, either. 

Binged S1 and wanted to do the same with S2, but decided to watch S3 before I came across spoilers.  I finally watched the first episode of S2 with Murray and his conspiracy theory... sounds like he was right.

One of my complaints is Will and the lack of development with him this season.  To be vague to avoid spoilers, he just had the one scene with Lucas and Mike and pretty much the rest of the time he was in the background rubbing his neck at times.  I just wonder if this is a flaw with having such a large ensemble cast?  To be honest, I haven't finished rewatching S2 to refresh my memory yet so perhaps my concerns with his character was addressed there, but I felt he was kind of "left behind" and two-dimensional in this season.

I also had issues with the finale/showdown (which I won't address until it's okay to drop spoilers).