Author Topic: Star Wars The Vintage Collection Archive Edition Book - Kickstarter  (Read 12353 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Less than 19K and 3 days to go to unlock the last stretch goal. Fingers crossed!
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Less than 19K and 3 days to go to unlock the last stretch goal. Fingers crossed!

$17k now.  What’s the last stretch goal?  I’m trying to look on my phone, but all I see in the updates is the coin set at $175k.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com

$17k now.  What’s the last stretch goal?

I think at $200k you get a digital version of the book as well.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile

$17k now.  What’s the last stretch goal?

I think at $200k you get a digital version of the book as well.

Yes! And it crossed the 200K line with more than half a day to go!
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
I know I've only got a couple hours left at this point, but I'm still trying to decide if I want to get this...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Me too, Pete...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
I decided to go ahead and do it, what the heck...

I've been thinking about downsizing my collection considerably, but the one thing I would keep would be all of the Vintage Collection stuff, starting with the VOTC stuff and forward. Maybe hold on to the 3.75" Black Series carded/boxed items too, but other than that, keep only the opened stuff and then moving forward, only collect openers of any line other than the Vintage Collection which I'll still get MOC/MIP/MIB items to keep. So this book would be a nice companion piece to all of that...
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 10:11 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
$231,249. Over 4x the initial ask! Congratulations to Blue Milk for coming up with a product that's enthused so many in the community. One stretch goal after another met. Looking forward to the chapter on concepts, the poster, the coins... man, all of it. Can't wait for the book to arrive. Btw, any secret prize for hitting $225k?  :P     

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
$231,249. Over 4x the initial ask! Congratulations to Blue Milk for coming up with a product that's enthused so many in the community. One stretch goal after another met. Looking forward to the chapter on concepts, the poster, the coins... man, all of it. Can't wait for the book to arrive. Btw, any secret prize for hitting $225k?  :P   

They did announce (to backers) that Left Coast Graphics will be producing a bookmark in the same vein as their Classic Kenner Vintage Stickers, but "with a TVC twist" - no pictures yet, and not really tied to the $225k goal either, but still a neat addition IMHO.

Something that made me chuckle this morning, on the activity tab of my kickstarter profile, for this project, it shows the percentage funded as 462%  ;D
Peter

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile

They did announce (to backers) that Left Coast Graphics will be producing a bookmark in the same vein as their Classic Kenner Vintage Stickers, but "with a TVC twist"

Sounds interesting. I'm going to have to scour my email or the kickstart page for that tidbit.

I wonder if they'll offer up the gold coins as a purchase option to US backers. I can just imagine variant hunters going nuts on the secondary market.

Offline Corman

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gimmie that New Figure Mojo
    • View Profile
I did see that if you backed the book at legendary level or higher ($200 or above I figured) that they would include the gold set of cons as well.

Corman
There is nothing to read all the way down here.  If I had something else to say, I'd a said it in my post.  You may proceed to the next post.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram

They did announce (to backers) that Left Coast Graphics will be producing a bookmark in the same vein as their Classic Kenner Vintage Stickers, but "with a TVC twist" - no pictures yet, and not really tied to the $225k goal either, but still a neat addition IMHO.

Something that made me chuckle this morning, on the activity tab of my kickstarter profile, for this project, it shows the percentage funded as 462%  ;D

A book about TVC is 462% funded, but Hasbro can't seem to get the actual figures in our hands. Hopefully this will be a wake-up call for them to finally fix distribution.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
It's been over a decade and distribution just keeps getting worse....I wouldn't hold your breath.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Star Wars The Vintage Collection Archive Edition Book - Kickstarter
« Reply #28 on: September 5, 2019, 03:12 PM »
If you missed the kickstarter, the book is available for pre-order at BBTS.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars The Vintage Collection Archive Edition Book - Kickstarter
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2021, 12:25 PM »
It appears that people are receiving their books at long last!  Looking forward to getting mine.  I took your advice Jeff, and I ordered it through BBTS.  I wonder when they're going to start fulfilling their orders?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback