Author Topic: Galaxy of Adventures 4" Value Figures  (Read 3076 times)

Online Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Galaxy of Adventures 4" Value Figures
« on: September 27, 2019, 08:53 AM »
Not sure where to put this as I'm not sure these are Galaxy of Adventures figures.

Yakface tweeted about 4" value figures for $3 each.  Available fall 2019.

Anybody have any idea what these are?  Repacks?   Salt shakers with no articulation?

Seems unlikely that we would get 5POA figures for $3 considering the cheapest they've ever been is $5 at the start of the POTF2 line.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Galaxy of Adventures 4" Value Figures
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2019, 09:00 AM »
That's 1982 pricing.  Weird.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2019, 10:34 AM »
Hasbro just has these listed as "Value Figures" but this is as good a place as any to discuss them.  No press pics, but here was the press release.

STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER 4-INCH VALUE FIGURES Assortment
(HASBRO/Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $2.99Available: Fall 2019)
Imagine being at the center of the biggest action battles in the galaxy with these 4-inch figures inspired by STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER! Featuring movie-inspired design and basic articulation, the figures in this series allow fans and collectors alike to imagine the world of STAR WARS in action. Recreate favorite moments of excitement and intrigue from the STAR WARS Galaxy or imagine new stories and missions! Each 4-inch scale STAR WARS figure comes with a fun accessory to add to the excitement of bold space adventures, including DARTH VADER’S and LUKE SKYWALKER’S Lightsabers, CHEWBACCA’S bowcaster, and STORMTROOPER blasters. Each figure sold separately. Includes figure and accessory. Available at select retailers.

It sounds like these will have VERY limited articulation (like 2-3POA) with one accessory.  Very similar to the 5" value figures they had at these stores the last few years but smaller and with less articulation.  Remember the 2POA Battle Droids that came with the MTT?  I'm imagining something like that in simple open box with one accessory.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2019, 10:55 AM »
Super weird... but for $3, if they look decent mixed in with regular 3.75" scale figures, I'll probably buy them.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2019, 11:13 AM »
The value version 6" figures they did were pretty much ignored because no one needed 5POA 5.5" versions of figures that were already in the Black Series.  Plus they didn't quite match up to the look/style of Black Series.  Might be ok for army builder fodder.  Here's an example pic I found via google search.

I imagine this 4" line will be the same - simple deco, limited articulation versions of characters you already have - Vader, Luke, Chewbacca, Stormtrooper, Rey, Kylo, etc.

Online Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2019, 11:16 AM »
Agreed.  If the sculpts and paint jobs are the same quality as the recent 5POA figures, but we only get 1-3 POA (head and shoulders), I'd buy these up without a problem. 

Has Hasbro done 3.75" figures like this in other lines before to know what sort of quality to expect?

And are these going to be sold at normal outlets like Target/Wal-Mart, or are these things that I've got to track down at "dollar stores"?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 11:37 AM by Dave »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2019, 11:44 AM »
Has Hasbro done 3.75" figures like this in other lines before to know what sort of quality to expect?

I don't think so.  Just the 5.5" scale stuff shown above.  Those were slightly scaled up 5POA figures with really cheap hard plastic and limited deco.  Zip-tied into a box.

And are these going to be sold at normal outlets like Target/Wal-Mart

No.  These will be like the 5.5" Value figures and are meant for Walgreens and the dollar store type places.