Author Topic: 2020 Haslab - TVC Razor Crest  (Read 59707 times)

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 TVC Haslab Project
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2020, 09:20 AM »
A guy from a youtube video source of mine says that the project will be a playset/diorama, and it's not the Death Star.

That said, several weeks ago I happened across someone's facebook page. He designed and 3d printed a Death Star playset. It's like the Emperor's version of the Malibu Dreamhouse.

He has a couple of minor misgivings, but this thing is still impressive.

I'll try to hunt down the page. He uploaded the files for anyone ambitious enough to spend the next few months printing it out.

I believe you are referring to the work over at "Star Wars Plastic Playsets." That Death Star is truly an achievement.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2020, 11:02 AM »
A guy from a youtube video source of mine says that the project will be a playset/diorama, and it's not the Death Star.

That said, several weeks ago I happened across someone's facebook page. He designed and 3d printed a Death Star playset. It's like the Emperor's version of the Malibu Dreamhouse.

He has a couple of minor misgivings, but this thing is still impressive.

I'll try to hunt down the page. He uploaded the files for anyone ambitious enough to spend the next few months printing it out.

I believe you are referring to the work over at "Star Wars Plastic Playsets." That Death Star is truly an achievement.

THAT and his Bespin playset are both pretty remarkable.

A Death Star is still one of the leading choices IMHO.  I had been hoping for a possible Tantive IV on the scale of the Sail Barge, but the Tantive IV hallway playset seems to have ruled that out.

If it's not the Death Star?  I'm thinking that it could be an ultimate Cantina playset.  It is one of the quintessential Star Wars locations!  It was such an iconic scene that it transcended the movie and wound up in things like a Richard Pryor comedy special (see Star Wars Bar) and also in the Holiday Special.  Now?  It has turned up in the first season of The Mandalorian and may turn up in season 2 as well.  Has Hasbro seen how much 3rd party playset designers have started churning out their alcoves and such that they now want a piece of the action?  I think that could be the case! 

A Haslab Cantina might also be a vehicle to get some of those "blink and you'll miss them" Cantina aliens that have been eluding collectors for a long time as well.  Anyone remember the quote about the 15th Cantina alien?  This might also be a way for Hasbro to re-use some of the existing Cantina bar tooling, as well as producing the center distillery section that had been discussed years ago.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2020, 01:07 PM »

Yes, that's the one! Thanks.

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2020, 01:28 PM »

A Haslab Cantina might also be a vehicle to get some of those "blink and you'll miss them" Cantina aliens that have been eluding collectors for a long time as well.

A cantina playset wouild be great. I was thinking, though, that it could be released through regular retail as connectable bite-size portions ala the Jabba palace, carbonite, and Tantive corridor sets.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2020, 05:54 AM »
Part of what got me thinking about Hasbro doing a Cantina lies with the new / upcoming LEGO Cantina.  And it's BIG!  At least as LEGO sets go.  But then I guess they're waiting for Hascon to make the announcement.

Feedback

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2020, 06:51 AM »
If they make the cantina, I would say the first two figures on the list are the Tonnika sisters.  Not sure where the whole likeness thing stands at this point.  I can't imagine they are holding out for millions at this point, especially since one of them passed away over a decade ago.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2020, 10:43 AM »
The Tonnika sisters thing was almost certainly not about likeness rights.  Especially since one of the actors confirmed that they would sign the likeness rights paperwork.

As for figures?  I would hope for these on TVC cards:
-Wuher (new sculpt)
-Momaw Nadon (new sculpt)
-Zutton (new sculpt)
-Bith musician(s)  (new sculpt)
-Baniss Keeg
-Arleil Schous

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2020, 10:49 AM »
If its a kick ass cantina, I don't really even care about a pack in figure.  Sure it'd be awesome to finally get the Tonnika Sisters or some unmade cantina patron, but I'm personally much more interested in a well designed bar area, alcoves, droid detector, etc.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2020, 03:07 PM »
A big Cantina would be awesome, I'd just want it to fit on a shelf... these huge square or rectangular things that only fit on a table or bigger surface are hard to find places for in my set up...

If they threw in some new, unmade OT characters I'd be all about it.

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2020, 11:36 PM »
A big Cantina would be awesome, I'd just want it to fit on a shelf... these huge square or rectangular things that only fit on a table or bigger surface are hard to find places for in my set up...

If they threw in some new, unmade OT characters I'd be all about it.

They would be fools to not make the cantina modular. Most of those shots in the film only translate in a diorama if you lay out one side of the room or one side of the room with the center bar in front of it. If it were only a big rectangular structure it would be less fun to be stuck with a bird's eye view of everything.

Fitting components on a shelf for smaller scenes would be ideal for everyone at some point regardless of how much space a person has.
Macklunkey!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2020, 11:41 PM »
Yakface has a rumored Razor Crest price tag of $349

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2020, 06:37 PM »

Is this in their forums? I don't see any story.
Macklunkey!

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2020, 07:22 PM »

Instagram.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2020, 07:30 PM »

It's also an "update" to Jayson's original front page post
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2020, 10:22 AM »
I'm intrigued by the idea of a HasLab Razor Crest at $350.  Hoping this means it'll be a better scale and more feature laden than if it were a standard $150-200 release like the various iterations of Slave I.

Pretty sure this has to include a TVC Carded The Child figure. :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender