Author Topic: 4-LOM & CB-23 - Droid Depot Disney Park Exclusives  (Read 2729 times)

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
4-LOM & CB-23 - Droid Depot Disney Park Exclusives
« on: October 30, 2020, 11:57 AM »
Yakface is reporting on two figures being offered at the Disney Parks.

I can't tell if there is anything new with the 4-LOM, but the CB-23 is a new color scheme.  I'll be trying to track down CB-23.  I checked and these aren't available via the ShopDisney.com site or app yet.  eBay might have to be the the way to go on these.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: 4-LOM & CB-23 - Droid Depot Disney Park Exclusives
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2020, 12:17 PM »
I know a guy that frequents the Disney shops and has picked up past exclusives for me.  Let me know if you want in - I'll ask if he's come across these and when he's going again.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2020, 01:34 PM »
I'm confused... they're Black Series, but at the TVC price point?

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2020, 02:41 PM »
My guess is they're using the Disney BAD LOM parts for this version (which is by far the superior sculpt for the LOMs).  I bought one last year and customized it to a 4-LOM.  Much better than Hasbro's TVC sculpt.

Rob, they're 3.75".
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 02:42 PM by P-Siddy »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2020, 03:51 PM »
CB-23 is a little bit of a surprise.  I wasn’t expecting to see any more figures from the Resistance animated series. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2020, 04:11 PM »
My guess is they're using the Disney BAD LOM parts for this version (which is by far the superior sculpt for the LOMs).  I bought one last year and customized it to a 4-LOM.  Much better than Hasbro's TVC sculpt.

Rob, they're 3.75".

Oh, I thought Jayson said it was Black Series?  The bug in the corner says SWBlackSeries...

EDIT, never mind, I just got it that Black Series is only a user account in this context...
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 04:12 PM by Rob »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2020, 05:08 PM »
Limited 2x customer per day, so getting assists may be difficult.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2020, 07:52 AM »

Rob, they're 3.75".

That TVC 4-LOM actually dates back to the 30th Anniversary Collection.  It was a good figure for the time, but the shoulder joints are a bit wonky.  I'd definitely like to see some closer images of these. 

And no doubt some of the notable Disney re-sellers are going to be putting these up on eBay soon.  That's how I got some of the park exclusive Black Series 3-packs.

*EDIT - OMG!  The ones on eBay are ridiculously expensive right now.  Wait a few weeks for more of these to get listed and the prices should stabilize.  Because at the moment they're at least 3 x retail price.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 07:56 AM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 2, 2020, 10:11 AM »
Talked to a guy who frequents the Disney shops in Florida.  He said these two have a 2 per person limit unlike pretty much everything else.  He has been turned away trying to buy 2x on subsequent visits because they recognized him.  Between the limits and much lower traffic, I think some of these are going to be tough to find, at least for a while.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2020, 10:58 AM »
Got these two in my shipment from Orlando yesterday and they are both great. I was pleasantly surprised to see that 4-LOM has a new sculpt on the right hand - with a trigger finger, different from the protocol droid right-arm sculpt.

Also that CB-23 has a completely new dome sculpt, this is now the fifth ball-droid dome sculpt that the Droid Factory team has released. Hopefully they will continue to offer unique colors/designs with the different domes.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2020, 11:29 AM »
Got mine over the holidays as well.  I was on the fence about 4-Lom, but the new sculpt is excellent.  I also snagged the Galaxy's Edge Droid Depot 5-pack and those are some sweet figures.  Nice to have new sculpts over repaints for the most part.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 2, 2021, 07:06 AM »
I got CB-23 for a reasonably good price.  I would love to see some more images of 4-LOM before seeking that droid out on eBay.

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2021, 10:27 PM »
I recently bought CB-23 off eBay and he arrived today. Cool addition to my Resistance collection but I was a little disappointed to see how out of scale he looks next to BB-8. He makes BB look tiny in comparison!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2021, 09:12 PM »
I recently bought CB-23 off eBay and he arrived today. Cool addition to my Resistance collection but I was a little disappointed to see how out of scale he looks next to BB-8. He makes BB look tiny in comparison!

I guess this is your first BB unit from the Disney Parks Build-a-Droid line?

The Disney BB units are a bit bigger, but in my opinion, far superior to the BB droids that Hasbro produces.

When there were rumors of the Galaxy's Edge droids coming to Target, and there was going to be "two BB units in a single box" my original hope/thought was that they would have one weeble-wobble weighted ball and then two domes and two sets of outer shells - since the idea was that you were getting these droids from the "droid factory".

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2021, 11:55 PM »
I did buy a couple of the build it yourself astromechs when I was down there last, but yeah this was my first BB unit. I only got it because it was a Resistance character and I buy anything from the animated shows. I do like him though, wish they would do more. Maybe even some Rebels or Clone Wars droids. Or Bad Batch even would be cool. Start with that GONK droid!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy