Author Topic: 2023 TVC Wave 4 (New TVC Wave 30)  (Read 1919 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: 2023 TVC Wave 4 (New TVC Wave 30)
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2023, 02:02 PM »
Images of the Tusken Warrior were revealed in this week's Mando Mania.  It looks like a decent figure.  Now if we only had a Boba Fett in his tattered jumpsuit or any of the other Tuskens in the tribe...
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2023, 10:13 PM »
Jayson put up images saying the Tusken Raider is built out of the TVC Rey body.

I don’t know if it’s the start of a trend, but to me this is good news.  I don’t need the same figure painted thirty ways, but if Hasbro can use existing parts to give us unique characters, I’m all for it.  The tooling library is enormous, use it in clever ways like this.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 11:14 PM by Rob »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2023, 10:33 PM »
Agreed.  It's a great looking figure!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2023, 11:15 PM »
Yeah I agree. You only have to look at that fantastic Bib Fortuna figure to realize that smart reuse can lead to amazing figures. I'm all for it where it makes sense and doesn't hurt the final product.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2023, 10:31 AM »
I can definitely get on board with parts re-use if it's done this well.  But I'll also have questions about the Tusken Warrior - what are the legs like?  And what about the upper arms?  Because on that Rey part of them are bare.

But back to my earlier point?  What I would really like Hasbro to consider when they introduce a figure like this is to consider a companion release.  There are no figures that might be paired with the Tusken Warrior.  You could use some previous Tusken Raider releases, but those don't have colors that resemble the Tuskens of the Dune Sea.  There's no captive Boba Fett, and no Pyke soldiers.  Something similar happened in the current wave with both Vel Sartha and Cassian Andor.  EVENTUALLY we'll get the Aldhani heist Cassian in this wave which would interact with Vel Sartha.  How long will it be until there are figures to go with the Warrior or the Ferrix Cassian?

I think it's perfectly clear that themed waves are largely a thing of the past.  Sure, we got one with the wave for the Obi-Wan Kenobi series.  But how difficult would it be to pair two characters from entertainment together?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 10:39 AM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2023, 01:38 PM »
So are we just at $16.99 for the regular price now?  Preordering that Tusken Warrior was a hair under $19 after tax.   :(

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2023, 02:01 PM »
So it seems.  I opted for Amazon for the preorder.  With their preorder price guarantee I know that if the price drops Amazon will honor the lowest price.

The situation with the cases seems to be in doubt, but then I saw someone on social media link to an EE listing for the case.

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2023, 05:51 PM »
Yeah I just always preorder from Amazon and Pulse since I get "free" shipping at those two places.  Whoever lowers their price most or ships first gets the business.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2023, 06:01 PM »

I don’t know if it’s the start of a trend, but to me this is good news.  I don’t need the same figure painted thirty ways, but if Hasbro can use existing parts to give us unique characters, I’m all for it.  The tooling library is enormous, use it in clever ways like this.

I just got a chance to check out the photos, and I totally agree. 

It's nice to get a new figure and smart re-use is a great way to go, although I also noticed preorders for this were $16.99.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2023, 02:45 PM »
Is this ARC Trooper Jesse that I think is in this wave a single carded release from the 3-pack from a few years ago or is it new?  I can’t keep these clones straight anymore.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2023, 02:53 PM »
Is this ARC Trooper Jesse that I think is in this wave a single carded release from the 3-pack from a few years ago or is it new?  I can’t keep these clones straight anymore.

Yes.  Jesse is the third ARC Trooper from the convention exclusive 3-pack from a few years ago.  There might be some minor differences in the deco, but it's the same sculpt.  Jesse is in an earlier wave - I think the wave that included Din Djarin (Morak).
« Last Edit: March 16, 2023, 02:55 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2023, 02:59 PM »

The three 501st ARCs from the SDCC pack were already done - Fives was single carded in 2020, Echo was single carded in 2021, and Jesse was single carded in 2022.

Are you thinking about Clone Captain Howser?  He is likely in this wave and is the same as "2022 VC210 Clone Captain Ballast" from that Amazon Bad Batch 4-pack but with a new corrected name cardback (Howzer instead of Ballast).

ORIGINAL AMAZON 4-pack version (Ballast):

New repacked/renamed version:
« Last Edit: March 16, 2023, 03:06 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2023, 04:05 PM »
Yeah I got my wires crossed... I knew there was an ARC in this wave and Jayson had a post about Walmart preorders for Jesse being all screwy today, so I went to Walmart's website and found a sold out one that's $30... thinking it was something new I asked about it here, but it looks like it's actually a 6" Jesse and I'm an idiot.  The TVC listings that are $30 are just third party sellers making a buck on the old one.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2023, 04:05 PM by Rob »

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2023, 05:34 PM »

Dropping the images here so we have them for reference. Overall I'd say this Tusken would have been one of my most wanted figures from TBOBF, so I am happy to her(?). I agree, the Rey part usage here feels smart. These are the kinds of kitbashes I generally don't mind for secondary characters, especially when they are done well. Given the current environment, I'd much rather have figures of secondary or background characters that are only 80-90% accurate, than either not getting the figure at all or getting fewer secondary or background characters made period.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2023, 05:35 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2023, 03:02 PM »
Want to make it a good ROTJ wave?  Throw in Sim Aloo, or an Ewok that hasn't been made before, or a new Jabba goon that hasn't been made before...

He's not a never-before made character, but I'd **** my pants for a Squidface that was given the same level of love as last year's Bib Fortuna.

That said, I really need a Fozec before the line ends.

Just re-reading this thread while I obsess—and gently freak out—over the lack of preorders for this wave, but it's kind of nice to see the Squidface I was wishing for actually happening (though not in this wave). I didn't exactly **** my pants as promised, but I was really ******* happy. Let's hope Fozec gets his action figure debut soon.

Onto the topic though, I'm really annoyed that they decided not to do preorders for these guys, especially since they're still totally doing preorders for figures before and after these. I do actually want a few of the Han and a few Vaders as well, and the idea of trying to hunt these down is killing my Squidface afterglow.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram