Author Topic: StarWarsShop.com  (Read 77757 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: StarWarsShop.com
« Reply #195 on: April 14, 2004, 01:48 PM »
I too managed to purchase an Adventure Kermit.

Hm.

Uh oh.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 14, 2004, 01:55 PM »
A member at RS (Mauricio) got an email reply from there Customer Service.

Dear Customer

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 14, 2004, 02:07 PM »
Well it's nice they are responding, but come on people, get it right beforehand.  

I've got two emails in to them.  One from the 'contact us' link and a direct one sent to customer service as well.  This has got to be plain embarassing.  

I had every intent on ordering cases from them.  Newforce has been shaky for a while and EE is not my favorite, so I was looking for a new source.  They were $5 on average higher than Newforce, but if this is how it's going to work, forget it.  Guess I'll place my preorders with newforce and irritate Rick with daily emails.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 14, 2004, 02:25 PM »
Stoped by the site today for the first time, and I must say, I really enjoy it.

I ordered most of the new waves, 3,4,5 and Hall of Fame.  So I was pretty syked.
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 14, 2004, 03:02 PM »
I got a reply to my email I sent about my second order conf. number the only thing is they sent me the same number that they sent me before.  NOw I guess I will try and email them through the site and hopefully they can find that second number or I may have to try and hope I can get a second on on Friday.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 14, 2004, 03:02 PM »
Great ::)  from bad to worse....

Puttering around on the site and my shopping cart has dramatically changed for me.  I think for the worse.  It still shows my quantity for Kermit as 3 and the bust for 2, as was the case on March 10th.  In my puttering I added in a cinemacast Vader, just for fun.  Going to my cart now shows the Kermit's are greyed out, as are the busts.  They are listed out of stock, so the only thing in my cart is the cinemacast Vader listed at $159.99 yet my total comes to $224.98 :o

This is nothing but insanity.   :(
« Last Edit: April 14, 2004, 03:06 PM by Morgbug »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 14, 2004, 03:43 PM »

Just checked the site & my check out order & it came up the way it should be. 2 Kermits for $30.  8)  

A great big Thanks to Dave who helped me out. You should be getting a parcel by next week.  ;)   ;D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 14, 2004, 03:58 PM »
I wish I could share your joy Dale.  I'm going to be optimistic and presume they can fix this fiasco.  I supposedly had 48 hours to get my order from March 10th submitted, yet all my stuff except one thing is showing as out of stock.  Four hours of trying and no progress.  

I guess I can only sit and wait for the response from customer service but this has been a very frustrating experience from what should have been a great day :-\

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 14, 2004, 04:05 PM »
I emailed them, so if I can...I'll order the green trooper for you Dale.  

Thanks Beth.   :)

I was going to wait it out till tomorrow or just before time ran out. Just so happened I checked & it looked good, the way it should have been when they opened the site.

Best of luck to ya all.      

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 14, 2004, 04:19 PM »
Not to throw too big of a wrench in there, but if mine disappeared from my cart, why wouldn't Beth's as well?  

I think I'm waiting for a phone call.  I'll attempt to shut up about it all now.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 14, 2004, 07:06 PM »
I finally got the number for my second order and got my last CLone for 12.95.  
GOod luck for all of those who are still having problems.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 14, 2004, 09:54 PM »
I received my email from Customer Service. Same one everyone else is getting.

Dear Customer,
Thank you for your inquiry. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. The March 10 orders are being handled from a separate database vs. the main database and had a price inaccuracy which we're correcting now.

This issue has since been corrected. Please proceed to checkout.

If you placed an order earlier this morning you will be getting a new order confirmation emails with the correct information. Your card will be charged the correct amount.

Sincerely,
Customer Service
StarWarsShop.com

They probably got flooded with emails & can't answer them individually.  :-\

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #207 on: April 14, 2004, 11:46 PM »
I e-mailed customer service telling them that my $50.00 gift cert did not go through and they sent me an e-mail telling me that the gift cert will be applied to my order. :)

I still think the customer service is great.

Oh, according to RebelScum the reason I could not see the Green Clone Banner was due to my Norton Utilities.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #208 on: April 14, 2004, 11:48 PM »
Boy, I feel kinda bad coming in here and saying I had a pretty painless transaction (aside from my password not working and having to completely re-register).  But I got right in, clicked the March 10 order button, found the Clone bust that I ordered for Dave just sitting there, and re-ordered the thing for him again.  I got "timed out" during my order too, but logged back in and was taken back to the same page where I left out.  Everything seems to have worked just fine!

But considering all the other problems all of you guys (and gal  ;)) had throughout the day, I'd definitely concur that their re-opening was just about as bad as their original opening, and that's downright PATHETIC.  They need some new I.T. people over there, or sumthin'...  Bunch of dumbasses!   :-\

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 15, 2004, 12:05 AM »
Yeah well I'm about ready to kill someone down there.  

Here is what they sent me:
Dear Customer,
Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately we had to purge all log in information
from March 10th. Please re-register on the site to place your order. Please let
us know if we can be of further assistance.  And yes your original order will be
honored.

Sincerely,
Christine
Customer Service
StarWarsShop.com

Yeah, thanks ::)  And here is what I sent them back:
Thank you very much for the response.  It is, however, no help at all.  

While I understand completely that I have to reregister anew, it will no longer take my email address (this one).  I tried that earlier today multiple times.  To no avail.  Fine, I registered with a newly created email address and it let me in.  Super.  Or perhaps not.  When I enter my order confirmation number from March 10 it returns the statement that "The order number provided has already been processed."  Frankly, no it has not.  It was indeed entered earlier today, but I could not proceed to checkout.  By the way, if I have to reregister anew, why is the system locking out my old email address, yet still willing to send new passwords to it?  Clearly the system has not been purged so well as you suspect.

So, here is where I stand:  

I have created a new email address specifically to log in, not using the one I frequent the most, thereby suffering yet another inconvenience.  

Upon creating said new profile (which it seems not all users have had to do based solely on conversations on star wars collector bulletin boards/forum) I am now not able to use my confirmation number as the automated response states it has been processed.  It has not.  Period.  

I am left with the feeling that I will not get my order originally placed on March 10th: 3 adventure Kermits and 2 green clone busts.  

I have tried everything possible to alleviate the situation at my end.  The site recognizes my email address, sends new passwords then summarily rejects them.  I have created a new user profile as suggested by customer service, only to be left frustrated again.  

I tried to order a cinemacast VAder statue earlier today, but was unable due to the above difficulties.  I see they have now been removed from the front page of the site, so presumably I am out of luck on that one.  

I spent five hours today trying everything imaginable to get into the site.  Now I am still left corresponding with customer service.  Suffice to say that if I thought I was doing something wrong, I could live with it.  I suspect rather strongly that the problem is not at this end of the system, rather it is at yours and I would sincerely appreciate some assistance.

A very unhappy Brent Elliott

This is absurd.  I cannot process my order no matter what I try.  I lost out on the cinemacast Vader now as they are gone from the site.  I cannot get my order in as it has been processed.  Bull F***ing Sh!t!!!!!!

This is from two different computers with different ISPs, different sets of utilities and a complete waste of time.  

I'm happy for everyone else that it has worked out, but puhlease, this is crap >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(