Author Topic: UGP - a Star Wars WORLD! - news thread  (Read 44175 times)

Offline CloneCommander1

• Jedi Initiate
  • Oh no you did-nt!
    • View Profile
Re: The Ultimate Group Project - a Star Wars WORLD!
« Reply #150 on: June 24, 2006, 12:32 AM »
The secretary compiles all the happenings for the week into an e-newsletter, and goes around to other sites looking for new recruits and ideas, and kinda just generally keeps track of ideas.  (Hope you don't mind I posted this Phurby, and sorry if you do)
It's not just football, it's Notre Dame football!

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 24, 2006, 12:53 AM »
Interesting choice.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Joerhyno

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 24, 2006, 03:41 AM »
Ok. Sorry for the delay. I've had some technical problems. Here are the project leaders that I would like to have over the various teams.

Assistant Project Leader - Production:   Chewie
Team Leader - Concept Art / overall design :   Glassman6
Team Leader - Diorama design / production : Ryan
Team Leader - Figure and vehicle creation:  Darth_Ennis

I havn't choosen the logistics and planning committee yet. I've been too overwhemed with emails right now and I'm still sorting thru them.
My only problem with this is like some have stated already.. shouldent we worry about the logistics and planning first? lol.. I mean, technically, the other guys cant really do anything without those chosen first... I know you said you'd get to them.. but it seems like that should have been done first...
I dont see any problem with smartypants being the secretary... give the kid a chance.. if it becomes too much, or it seems like he's not pulling his end, Phruby can slap him around(not physically)... and get him in gear... Kevin, this is a "group project" we need to work together, tearing the kid down before he gets a chance isn't helping ;)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 03:47 AM by Joerhyno »
Make sure you visit, Good to go Customs.
Your one stop shop for 1:18th custom needs!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 24, 2006, 10:33 AM »
Don't beat up on clonecommander. That is totally my fault. I asked clonecommander to be secretary first but I had lots of problems getting thru to his email. So after I asked, I changed my mind after talking with a few people. I'm really sorry about that. My screw up. I'm sure it won't be the last. I'm sorry about that.

As for logistics. I've been researching these things myself. There is currently no information about booths, size or cost available for C4. All we know is that it will be at the LA Convention center. I'm researching how to get in contact with the planners.  I do have plans to get the local guys that I know around here to help with transportation and setup and such. But right now, your asking who will setup things a whole year in advance. It seems kind of pointless to ask someone to do a job that far from now.

About the only thing I've decided on now is that what ever is sent my direction better have return postage otherwise it get's ebayed off for charity. Also, no one gets paid for their efforts. There might be a small entry fee depending on piece once we need to start paying for things but that might get taken care of too. Don't worry. I'm working on these things.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 25, 2006, 04:10 PM »
How did that chat meeting go? Who was there? I heard there was a cool idea about having a city on the sides of a large crater. There would be a cross section to see inside.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #155 on: June 25, 2006, 04:13 PM »
How did that chat meeting go? Who was there? I heard there was a cool idea about having a city on the sides of a large crater. There would be a cross section to see inside.

That would be Famine's idea. The list last night was:

Me
Famine
Darth Ennis
Glassman
JediDre
ThePerrenial
Darth Nirvana
Roron Corob
Smarty

I think that was it...
"This is the way."

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 25, 2006, 04:22 PM »
We had a few problems staying on topic, but it went OK. ASide from some chatters taking potshots at others for whatever reason we actually had some pretty good ideas. Hopefully that trend will continue, without the bickering.

There were a few pics posted but for some reason I couldn't access them. One of the topics that was brought up was it being Nar Shadda hte smugglers moon.
Its a good chioce ( even if it was mine :P) this idea is a small city idea, with forests and such. If I can find some reference pics I'll try to post them.

The one pic I got to see of the concept art was from Narnia. It was a city built in layers. With a little twaeking it could work, the concept is not bad.

I had a very hard 14 hr shift yesterday so I was a little late getting to the chat. They were still discussing things when I logged off for bed.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 25, 2006, 04:27 PM »
I was in and out of the chatroom, I was there at 9-10 then about 1130-1230. Towards the end there wasn't really any topic. Maybe next week will be more organized. It was still fun, though.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 25, 2006, 05:24 PM »
Famine was going to post a picture of the idea he had. I believe it is like a Football stadium cut in half type look with the city on the bottom and the forest on top. Famine can correct me if I'm wrong. I liked the idea, but you will have to give the final word on that Master Phruby.

I don't know if the world was picked or not. I know there was talk about Kashyyyk, Coruscant, and Nas Shadda. I think Kashyyyk would work with Famine's U-shape modular display. We could have the supports that hold the levels made into trees and such, but I guess that will be left for the next chat. Or I missed that part of the whole chat.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Joerhyno

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 25, 2006, 06:49 PM »
I popped my head in, then I had to pick my wife up, and when we got home, she hijacked the computer :(

While I was on the throne earlier, I had a thought.. what if we had sometype of arena or race(swoop)track in the ciry, I thought that'd be kinda cool, different types of swoops or whatnot racing around a course???

Sadly my arthritis has been flaming up big time.. so I know it's still early, but untill this gets better, the only thing I'll be good for is ideas.

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 25, 2006, 10:56 PM »
I dig the swoop idea. I'm working on two swoops myself. Need to find an engine for one. Anyone have an idea on what i can use. I need somethien round, but will a turbine type look. I have the rest planned out and need to find that part. Thanks
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 25, 2006, 11:04 PM »
Yes, that would be my idea.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #162 on: June 25, 2006, 11:09 PM »
I dig the swoop idea. I'm working on two swoops myself. Need to find an engine for one. Anyone have an idea on what i can use. I need somethien round, but will a turbine type look. I have the rest planned out and need to find that part. Thanks
roron corobb

Top engine from luke's speeder, it comes off easy and looks great.

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 25, 2006, 11:29 PM »
roron corobb

Top engine from luke's speeder, it comes off easy and looks great.

Thanks smarty, but I need to to be bigger. Also I was thinking of something that is opened or exposed with no coverings. Thanks
roron corobb

PS: Famine, did you ever finish the picture (mock-up) you were working on?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 11:30 PM by roron corobb »
my feedback link

Offline Joerhyno

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 26, 2006, 01:15 AM »
what about those OCC 1:18th bikes... I remember they looked pretty cool... and were discounted, so I'm sure you could find them for cheap on ebay...

And I think they made a 1:10th scale too ;)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 01:16 AM by Joerhyno »