Author Topic: 2020 Haslab - TVC Razor Crest  (Read 59846 times)

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 TVC Haslab Project
« Reply #375 on: November 12, 2020, 12:03 PM »
I think I am 65% FOMO and 35% in a better financial situation to swing this than I was for the barge. 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 12, 2020, 02:19 PM »
I ended up getting two Razor Crests, but I've actually never sold a SW figure in my entire collecting life, and don't intend to start. But my kids are absolutely bananas for the Mandalorian (they've been singing the theme song at the top of their lungs for weeks), so I figure this will be a great gift as they get a little older. And hey, if the extras end up being valuable, down the road, they can choose what to do with them.

Similar for me.  I bought 2... the second one for options... may customize, may keep boxed for my kids if they ever want it, etc.  Guess I could also use it for trade bait if needed.  But will be in no hurry to part with it.

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 13, 2020, 09:53 PM »
I'm starting to wonder if Hasbro launched this before the ship is reduced to landing gear by the end of the season. That thing is taking a beating. After episodes 9&10 I need replacement junk panels.
Macklunkey!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #378 on: November 13, 2020, 10:17 PM »
I'm starting to wonder if Hasbro launched this before the ship is reduced to landing gear by the end of the season.

Well, at least you got two seasons out of it then.  I've bought ships before from Hasbro with a lot less screen time than this ship!
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 14, 2020, 07:06 AM »
I'm starting to wonder if Hasbro launched this before the ship is reduced to landing gear by the end of the season.

Well, at least you got two seasons out of it then.  I've bought ships before from Hasbro with a lot less screen time than this ship!

They're going to have to include a Chapter 11 accessory pack!  Because OMG, that ship has seen way better days.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 25, 2020, 01:09 PM »
Thought I'd help everyone else out just like Hasbro CS did me. Four weeks after emailing and 2.5 weeks after the Razor Crest campaign ended. It is official, you can't use PayPal to buy the Crest. Thanks Hasbro!
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 25, 2020, 02:32 PM »
Thought I'd help everyone else out just like Hasbro CS did me. Four weeks after emailing and 2.5 weeks after the Razor Crest campaign ended. It is official, you can't use PayPal to buy the Crest. Thanks Hasbro!

This will be helpful as I have recently purchased a time travel device.  Thanks Hasbro.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #382 on: November 25, 2020, 08:51 PM »
Was there a link to (try to) pay via PayPal?  I never really paid attention and just used my card on file.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 25, 2020, 09:01 PM »
I saw people upset about the lack of PayPal on day one.  I don’t think it was an option at any time this round.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #384 on: November 25, 2020, 10:27 PM »
I saw people upset about the lack of PayPal on day one.  I don’t think it was an option at any time this round.

Correct - Hasbro ran into issues last time where they could not meet the paypal terms of service since it was a year from the time paid to delivery of the barge.  I guess it wasn't worth the hassle this time around.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 26, 2020, 05:00 PM »

Correct - Hasbro ran into issues last time where they could not meet the paypal terms of service since it was a year from the time paid to delivery of the barge.  I guess it wasn't worth the hassle this time around.

I went the PayPal route last time, too.  And I did that specifically because of the 0% interest promotional financing through PayPal credit.  I think we were around 6 months past when I had placed the order there was some oddness about the charge on my PayPal account and my HasbroPulse order.  From what I understand a lot of collectors did this for the Sailbarge.  It had to be a clerical nightmare for Hasbro to deal with, especially considering the price tag of the barge and how to reconcile this situation with what was probably several hundred orders at least.

Like Jeff said, it probably wasn't worth the hassle this time around.

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 26, 2020, 10:15 PM »
Well, I guess it didn’t hurt the final numbers for the Crest, but there’s no way I would have ever gotten a barge without using PayPal.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 4, 2020, 10:59 PM »
Well... crap.
Macklunkey!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 5, 2020, 10:57 AM »
Are we allowed to talk about this already or do we need to give it a few days?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 5, 2020, 11:15 AM »
Well, there IS the red one that someone spotted in the background of a scene from Takodana in TFA

Feedback