Author Topic: Lobot's Duplex...RIP John Hollis  (Read 28447 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: IT is coming
« Reply #105 on: July 23, 2004, 01:55 PM »
And--maybe it's just me--but shouldn't all of the necessary threads over at Rebelscum and Galactic Hunter be updated with the new site?

And can someone tell Durge that he still sucks balls?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 23, 2004, 01:57 PM »
And to you, Morgbug--it's the support of the little people (like yourself) that keeps me and the site going.  But please, capitalize "Dupe" next time, huh?

LLL (Long Live Lobot)!

:-[ :'(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #107 on: July 23, 2004, 02:03 PM »
:-[ :'(

Please, Morgbug--when I said you were a little person, please understand that I meant that as a positive thing.  

We're all little people compared to Lobot.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #108 on: July 23, 2004, 03:09 PM »
All apologies on this taking so long, the lawyers of John Hollis were right up there with these guys in their skill and demands

« Last Edit: July 23, 2004, 03:09 PM by OCB »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #109 on: July 23, 2004, 03:14 PM »
Well, they actually had this guy fighting against us for a while:

"If It involves Lo-bot, put it on Jedi Defender, you must not."

Offline HWR

• Jedi Initiate
  • Finally I have returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 24, 2004, 01:29 PM »
Finnaly Lobot's Duplex is back up. I think, no I know that millions of Star Wars fans arround the world had been waiting for this.

Now both Lobot and The Ice Cream Makes Guy (what a tag-team they would be, forget about C-3PO and R"-D2 or han Solo and Chewbacca) has their own pages. Next step has to be jjks' release of his "Pote Snitkin's Upper Wst Side Flat" he's dremaing about.

Keep up the good work OCB and Virex.
Collector of vintage loose Star Wars figures and variations.
Three time sponsor and presenter at the Celebration Europe Collector Track.

Cory

« Reply #111 on: July 24, 2004, 01:46 PM »

Is that Aileen Wuernos in the background?

Congrats on "The Dupe". Nice to see people still think it's moderately amusing, and not tired, and unfunny..kinda like me!

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #112 on: July 24, 2004, 04:04 PM »
Congrats on "The Dupe".

Well, thank you, Cory.  But really--without you, there'd be no Dupe in the first place--so thank you.  

Nice to see people still think it's moderately amusing, and not tired, and unfunny..kinda like me!

Now, the way this was worded, it could go two ways:

You could be saying that the Duplex is tired and unfunny (and I'll see that and raise you a "pointless", since the very site it was spoofing was taken down just weeks after it's debut).

You could also be saying that you are tired and unfunny.

I don't know.

I agree with both--but with the latter more.

xoxo

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 24, 2004, 07:27 PM »
Okie, I will deliver the message to Durge personally (Because the rest of us feel the same way about him).  :)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #114 on: July 24, 2004, 08:58 PM »
I can't wait for the new forum software to come out, so many great features, especially that feature that lets me decide if I'm going to allow users to delete their accounts of not...  ::)

Hurry up, if you want to delete yourself, do it soon.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 24, 2004, 09:37 PM »
wow, how did i miss this great news? musta been all that excitement over that silly convention going on out west - this is way cooler than that!!!

;D

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #116 on: July 24, 2004, 09:45 PM »
You know, we had rented out the space for a Lobot's Duplex booth at San Diego (replete with the exclusive Silver Disco Lobot collectible action figure, too), but the duties here kind of came first, and our SDCC plans fell through, unfortunately.

But there's always Celebration III.

See you in Indy!

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 24, 2004, 10:10 PM »
You know, we had rented out the space for a Lobot's Duplex booth at San Diego (replete with the exclusive Silver Disco Lobot collectible action figure, too), but the duties here kind of came first, and our SDCC plans fell through, unfortunately.

But there's always Celebration III.

See you in Indy!

wow, i heard that they weren't going to be making anymore silver figures - you guys must have some pull to get this in before they stopped completely... or did the demand require that they make it anyway, even after they said no more?

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 24, 2004, 10:14 PM »
An exclusive Silver Disco Lobot!  :o   I want.  :'(

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #119 on: July 24, 2004, 11:05 PM »
I hate to tell you fellas this, but the quantities of the Comic Con Celebration 3 Silver Disco Lobot collectible action figure are going to be extremely limited--limited to how many Disco Lobots I can find at the flea market, and also limited to however much Rustoleum #22 Metallic Silver spray paint I've got left in the can.

I'm thinking we're gonna have about eight ready to go in time for Indy.  We're trying to get something together with the Gentle Giant guys for a special raffle.  

We'll see how it goes.