Author Topic: Dream Toy Runs (I had a great day)  (Read 1904 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Dream Toy Runs (I had a great day)
« on: July 30, 2003, 09:02 PM »
Ever have that toy run that you sometimes only dream about???

Today started off with promise and ended like none I have ever seen before...

I started at my local Target (2 blocks down the road)and picked nada but saw parts of Simpsons Wave 13 (this I have on order from Newforce).  Wow I thought great start

Went to the next Target and found the new Spiderman and Daredevil from the Spiderman Classics line.  Wow 2 for 2!  

Next Target before I had to start work I found a literal motherload...  Wave 1 of Simpsons 2 Packs, Zipline Batman and The Jedi Council Screen Scene.  Wowza!  3 for 3!

So I decided to head out again after work thinking what the heck why not...I headed north and stopped again at Target...Joker (which I think looks awesome) the Geonosian Screen Scene and Sam Gamgee in Orc Gear.  My head was literally spinning.  4 stops, 4 finds!

There is another Target sorta on the way home...I thought what the heck...I walked up to the aisle, and sitting right on the front peg was Goliath.  Unbelievable, I seriously almost fell over.  

It was a dream day and one I will never, ever duplicate.  The only bad thing was all the $$$ I dropped...good thing was I filled a lot of wants and I literally have nothing to hunt for for a long while (yeah right)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Re: Dream Toy Runs (I had a great day)
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2003, 04:29 AM »
Man! That is definately a dream toy run. Im envious my friend. Glad you could hook yourself up with some awesome toys.
I remember my dream now.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2003, 08:20 AM »
That was an incredible run Scott!!  I assume you are now knee deep in toys and we won't hear from you for a few days  ;).  Did you breakdown and buy the AOME yet?? :D
Beth

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2003, 10:38 AM »
Congrats on the huge haul Scott!  Must be nice to find NEW stuff up there!
dustrho

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2003, 01:22 PM »
 :o
Goliath ??? :'(  Good on you, but I'm still missing him and the never to be found/obtained ???wolvie variant.  I'm happy you got him though.  

Nice work on the other stuff too.  That sort of stuff never happens up in Siberia so I don't even dare to dream.  

I did have a good morning today in my own right though.
I scored a bounty hunter 4 pack at TRU for the perfectly reasonable price of $34.15 after taxes.  Also, the latest (for us) wave of Muppets showed up (series 4, I think).  Anyway, I snag the occasional one for the Mrs. (she will be a collector, oh yes, she will) with help from folks around here.  Again, anyway, the only one she would like out of this series is the Rizzo.  So, I check the pegs, the two pigs in space dudes are there and Captain Arrow (?) the big eagle guy is there but that's it.  Same as what happened the other day at the other TRU in town.  I decided to check the overhead bin and whaddyaknow?  There's Rizzo, just sitting there.  Whoo-hoo ;D

Can hardly wait to get her Statler and Waldorf.  Got my Kermie from whojedi so the world's cruising along nicely.  Maybe not as nicely as Scott's, but I'm ok with that.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2003, 01:25 PM »
Yeah I was fully expecting on the way home to run out of gas (which I almost did) or get in a accident or something to make up for the incredible streak of good karma I had.  Unbelievable

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 1, 2003, 10:53 AM »
Yep nice run but to bad you are broke now :)  

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 2, 2003, 12:07 AM »
Actually had a good toy run today myself. Went to Target and they had just finished their reset and was able to pick up the Jedi Army 3 pack, Blue Clone 3 pack, Jedi Council Screen Scene, Geonosian War Chamber Screen Scene, Clone Wars Gunship AND a Batman & Nightwing 2 pack from Mattel.

Needless to say I am now broke and payday was yesterday.  :)
I remember my dream now.