Author Topic: Series 5  (Read 199519 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #885 on: August 1, 2005, 11:58 PM »
It's up to you what you want to do Brent. Just to give you an idea with my Han Stormtrooper order with Ningyoushi, $65.00 plus $1.54, USPS: Air Letter-post (4 - 7 Days). Total: $66.54.

Offline bikeridetony

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Star Wars Carded Kubrick Website!!!
Series 5
« Reply #886 on: August 2, 2005, 12:36 AM »
I have an extra Vinyl cape Jawa.  Anyone need one?  I need a Luke/Vader chase if anyone has an extra.  A trade would be perfect.  LMK.   ;)
Tony the Carded Kubrick Guy

http://www.ActionCardbacks.com

Offline yujun

• Jedi Initiate
  • i love kubricks!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #887 on: August 2, 2005, 12:40 AM »
So collective survey time: 

Han chase - Ningyoushi or ebay?

ebay for me.. prices seem to close lower than ningyoushi's price..

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #888 on: August 2, 2005, 12:48 AM »
Ok folks, here is the big opening:

YAY!!!   :) :) :)

Sweet! Nice score!  ;D ;D ;D
Adam

Offline Matt Brand

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Lunaroma Aromatherapy & Natural Body Care
Series 5
« Reply #889 on: August 2, 2005, 11:06 AM »
I don't know if anyone else tried it, but I strongly recommend NOT trying to put Luke's Stormtrooper helmet on him.

I was checking out the figures this morning with my daughter, and thought it would be cool.  So I popped off his hair, and put on the helmet.  The freakin thing stuck!  Really stuck too...when I tried to pull it off, Luke's head came off his neck, so deep in the helmet that I couldn't get it out.

My wife had the bright idea of soaking it in hot water (I should have remembered the trick from my vintage collecting days), and once it was a tiny bit soft, I was able to pull the head out with tweezers.

Either way, don't do it!  :)
be_sharp@hotmail.com

Lunaroma Aromatherapy - www.lunaroma.com

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #890 on: August 2, 2005, 11:58 AM »
I don't know if anyone else tried it, but I strongly recommend NOT trying to put Luke's Stormtrooper helmet on him.

I was checking out the figures this morning with my daughter, and thought it would be cool.  So I popped off his hair, and put on the helmet.  The freakin thing stuck!  Really stuck too...when I tried to pull it off, Luke's head came off his neck, so deep in the helmet that I couldn't get it out.

My wife had the bright idea of soaking it in hot water (I should have remembered the trick from my vintage collecting days), and once it was a tiny bit soft, I was able to pull the head out with tweezers.

Either way, don't do it!  :)

I was going to mention this before. I tried putting the helmet on, but it was
real snug so I didn`t even put it on all the way.
They look cooler displayed with them off anyway  ;D
Adam

Offline yujun

• Jedi Initiate
  • i love kubricks!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #891 on: August 2, 2005, 12:30 PM »
mm.. never knew that.. i might try later.. or should i not??  ::)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #892 on: August 2, 2005, 04:56 PM »

And, as an FYI, this is the best picture I could get of all my Han's lined up:

(clicky for bigger photo)

You can kinda see in the picture that Han's head is definately a paler shade and actually, the hair-peice is slightly different color brown on all three of mine.

They do seem to be a slightly different shade of brown, but I think it would be very difficult to tell the difference unless you had them side by side like in Jeff's picture.  The hair sculpts appear to be identical and the facial expressions seem the same too.  I think we're going to be seeing a few fakes eventually...   :-\

Offline zachdms

• Youngling
  • more kubricks, plz
    • View Profile
    • zachd.com
Series 5
« Reply #893 on: August 2, 2005, 05:08 PM »
Congrats, Matt!  That's sad about the helmet, though... I liked the idea of them being in active disguise.   :-\

The idea of vehicles is pretty great.  I really like my lightcycles, the "Great Escape" motorcycle and the various bikes are great. I think I'd buy any good "riding" vehicle or anything that showed them off.  The Special Forces van is kind of cool, but ... it wouldn't be nearly as cool as a landspeeder (where you could seem them hanging out) or even (fond wish) one of the basic ships like the A or X Wings.

There's several Indy's (and Master Chiefs and 3 Beakers...?) on eBay right now, FWIW.  I might try to pick up one of these at last.

Has anybody compiled a full list of *all* the Kubricks out there?  I've actually made a fairly complete list of what I've seen to date, but I'm curious as to whether there's any other public lists that I should check out and try to merge with before putting this on the web.  (No pictures at this point, mind you.)
« Last Edit: August 2, 2005, 05:16 PM by zachdms »

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #894 on: August 2, 2005, 06:06 PM »
Congrats, Matt!  That's sad about the helmet, though... I liked the idea of them being in active disguise.   :-\

The idea of vehicles is pretty great.  I really like my lightcycles, the "Great Escape" motorcycle and the various bikes are great. I think I'd buy any good "riding" vehicle or anything that showed them off.  The Special Forces van is kind of cool, but ... it wouldn't be nearly as cool as a landspeeder (where you could seem them hanging out) or even (fond wish) one of the basic ships like the A or X Wings.

There's several Indy's (and Master Chiefs and 3 Beakers...?) on eBay right now, FWIW.  I might try to pick up one of these at last.

Has anybody compiled a full list of *all* the Kubricks out there?  I've actually made a fairly complete list of what I've seen to date, but I'm curious as to whether there's any other public lists that I should check out and try to merge with before putting this on the web.  (No pictures at this point, mind you.)
A full list of ALL kubricks would be a monumental task, to be sure.
Over at Kubrick World (www.kubrickworld.com) there are a few lists for some
of the series (Disney, Marvel, SW...) .
Head over there and start posting, great bunch of people and always happy
to help, and cover all kubs, not just SW (as this thread is geared at).
I post over there under this username, and quite a few regulars here are over
there as well.

Adam

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #895 on: August 2, 2005, 08:38 PM »
My Han Stormtrooper has shipped.  8)

Thanks for letting us know on the helmet Matt.

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #896 on: August 2, 2005, 10:02 PM »
 :(

Matt,

Thanks for your Toy Tokyo order.  Unfortuneatly, the Bounty Hunter Boba
Fett you ordered is sold-out.  Because this was the only item in your
order, your order has been cancelled.  Sorry for the inconvenience! 
Let
me know if there's anything else I can do to help you.

Sincerely,

Josh

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #897 on: August 2, 2005, 10:15 PM »
Awe crap! Sorry to see your order was not filled Matt.  :'(

Offline yujun

• Jedi Initiate
  • i love kubricks!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #898 on: August 3, 2005, 12:22 AM »

There's several Indy's (and Master Chiefs and 3 Beakers...?) on eBay right now, FWIW.  I might try to pick up one of these at last.

there'll be plently of master chiefs.. there was a game fair in HK recently and i heard halo2 kubricks were on sale at the microsoft booth... n i thought they were limited!  :-\

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #899 on: August 3, 2005, 11:06 AM »

There's several Indy's (and Master Chiefs and 3 Beakers...?) on eBay right now, FWIW.  I might try to pick up one of these at last.

there'll be plently of master chiefs.. there was a game fair in HK recently and i heard halo2 kubricks were on sale at the microsoft booth... n i thought they were limited!  :-\

Aha! That explains the 40$ BINs on eBay.
Adam