Author Topic: 2019 TVC Wave 7 (aka New TVC Wave 10)  (Read 12035 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: 2019 TVC Wave 7 (aka New TVC Wave 10)
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2019, 11:03 AM »
The Hasbro Star Wars team made a point of discussing this numbering change, and the Darth Revan situation to an almost exhaustive degree.

Yeah, the Yavin Leia in the wave 10 mixed case is definitely labelled VC164.  Shipping now from select etailers and found at TRU in Canada.

The Feb 2020 date is when the single-figure cases of Leia are expected.  I guess we will have to wait and see if there is a running change where those have the VC150 instead of VC164.

I sent an email to Hasbro PR asking for clarification but haven't heard anything back from them yet.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2019, 12:12 PM »
My wave 10 case is on the way from EE as well as my 3 Shadow troopers from Amazon.  :)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2019, 01:10 AM »
Received  the Jawa and my Sith Troopers today.

The Jawa is a straight repack, but a welcome addition to my Jawa/Tusken shelf.

The Sith Trooper is amazing!  Nice detail, great articulation and the weapons are cool.  The large gun is a bit awkward though.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 09:18 AM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2019, 01:26 AM »

The Jawa is a straight repack,  ut a welcome addition to my Jawa/Tusken shelf.

No paint differences?  I think Yak Face referred to it as a slight repaint the other day on Instagram.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2019, 09:58 AM »
My Shadow troopers arrived SHOVED the wrong way into the box. Absolutely unacceptable. Seems like I'm not the only one, reading many people receiving these wave 10 figure packed without any care whatsoever.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2019, 10:20 AM »
My Jawa and Sith Trooper came in a nice box with bubble wrap. Very happy.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2019, 09:19 AM »

The Jawa is a straight repack,  ut a welcome addition to my Jawa/Tusken shelf.

No paint differences?  I think Yak Face referred to it as a slight repaint the other day on Instagram.

It’s possible, Rob.  I must admit I didn’t compare them too closely, because they arrived the day before we left for vacation.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2019, 10:57 AM »
The Hasbro Star Wars team made a point of discussing this numbering change, and the Darth Revan situation to an almost exhaustive degree.

Yeah, the Yavin Leia in the wave 10 mixed case is definitely labelled VC164.  Shipping now from select etailers and found at TRU in Canada.

The Feb 2020 date is when the single-figure cases of Leia are expected.  I guess we will have to wait and see if there is a running change where those have the VC150 instead of VC164.

I sent an email to Hasbro PR asking for clarification but haven't heard anything back from them yet.

I found the 150 Leia at Target.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2019, 06:21 PM »
Found this wave today at Target, first time seeing a new wave there (outside of Force Friday) since TVC Wave 1 last year. I forgot to look at the number on Leia when I left her behind. I did get the two troopers and there is a couple of interesting points on their weapons...

For the Sith Trooper, the cannon he comes with is useless. The legs don’t unfold and he has no way to really hold it. The blaster he comes with is missing the stock shown on the card art and again he can barely hold it. I swapped the blaster with the one from the Jet Trooper and though again he can barely hold it, it does look a lot better with the stock.

For the Shadow Trooper, he comes with a long rifle that I swear is the same one from the POTF2 4-LOM! I don’t have that rifle readily available but damn does it look close. Would be really funny if they used a 22 year old accessory in the TVC line.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2019, 05:21 PM »
Found this wave at Target today as well. The Leia I picked up was number 164. Nice to finally get a Jawa on a vintage card back. The Sith Trooper is neat too. Although I was happy to find the new figures, it was kind of strange to think that this is basically it for 3 3/4” figures from the new movie for the year. We’ve got some TVC exclusives, like Yavin Luke, the geared up Sith Trooper, and the Cave set, but as far as new movie stuff that’s kind of it for this scale for now.  I’ll grab some Black Series figures here and there, but it would be nice to see another wave(s) with the new looks of Poe, Finn, Kylo, as well as Jannah, the other Knights of Ren, etc. After seeing that new trailer, there are so many more characters, beasts, and vehicles I’d like to see.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2019, 02:49 PM »
Found this wave at Target today as well. Now to actually find the previous wave...  ;)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2019, 05:06 PM »
I found a fresh case of Snoke, Hoth rebel and scavenger Rey on the pegs at my local Target. Full price!
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2019, 05:47 PM »
Yes, same thing happened at my local Target last week after two cases of the TROS wave sold through (except for one Pilot Luke with his mouth printed on his right cheek.)

The funny thing is, everyone sold but Snoke, Jyn, and a FO Stormtrooper. Now there are 6 Snokes and 8 Jyns at that store. I have strong hopes that the Stormie will sell soon!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2019, 01:26 AM »
All that is here is a Rey from the new wave, wave 1 Jyn and Rey.  That’s it.  Wish I could find all the cool wave 2 ROS stuff but nope.  I’d buy some black stormtroopers.  Hell I would buy Leia and the Jawa too.  It’s back to a drought locally though.  TBS is largely gone too.

Walmart has some TVC from TFF but not much good.  Mostly Lando Luke and Poe.  We never got a sniff of Jabba’s palaces either by all local accounts and that blows.  I really wanted a second one for just adding onto my one I got way back.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2019, 08:58 AM »
Why bother with stores these days?  They’ve all been available online for most of this time.