Author Topic: 6" Black Series Store Finds and Recent Purchases  (Read 209382 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: 6" Black Series Store Finds and Recent Purchases
« Reply #405 on: March 27, 2017, 09:20 AM »
Revans are being found at Best Buy of all places. The kicker is that Best Buy is splitting up the figures from the wave and sending 2 random figures to every store. I saw the Snowtrooper over the weekend at the store closest to me, but I'm not really up for searching each and every Best Buy in town. Might be worth checking though!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 27, 2017, 09:46 AM »
Revans are being found at Best Buy of all places. The kicker is that Best Buy is splitting up the figures from the wave and sending 2 random figures to every store. I saw the Snowtrooper over the weekend at the store closest to me, but I'm not really up for searching each and every Best Buy in town. Might be worth checking though!

I read about that and checked a local Best Buy store.  There was about 16' of shelf space near the DVD/Blu Ray section, and that display had assorted Star Wars and Marvel collectibles, and barely any of it was Hasbro.  And the little Hasbro merch I did find was Marvel stuff:  12" Marvel Legends, electronic Iron Man helmets, etc.  I saw Star Wars R/C speeder bikes, X-wings and TIE's, but nothing from Hasbro.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 27, 2017, 12:14 PM »
My store had that same section, and then another "collectible" section closer to the video games that had the Black Series shelf sticker, and also had a bunch of Funko POP Vinyls, and the other new ripoff lines (Dorbz, the metal figurines, etc)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 18, 2017, 05:50 PM »
The SWB 6" Jyn Erso figure is marked down to $4.97 at GameStop. I've grabbed a bunch for trades, customs, etc. I think that's the lowest store price I've seen yet on a BS figure. Not bad at all!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 19, 2017, 12:23 PM »
That's a great deal.  I feel that was one of the more well done 6" figures as well.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 21, 2017, 05:25 PM »
40AC 6" figures are showing up at TRU. I spotted Luke, Leia and Obi-Wan today. I picked up Leia because of the resculpt.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 07:40 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 22, 2017, 09:47 PM »
Is R2 in this case and just selling out that quickly?  I haven't seen him in person with any of the others, nor in anyone's reports.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 22, 2017, 11:06 PM »
R2 is in the first wave, but short-packed from what I've read.

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 23, 2017, 10:55 AM »

Thanks for confirming.  Well, that makes a lot of sense.  With most of the other figures out in black boxes recently, why not short pack the R2?   ::)

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 23, 2017, 11:33 AM »
I've yet to see R2. I've only seen Han at Game Stop.

Why would they not multi case pack the figure from wave 1 and the other figure from the orange black series packaging?

Obnoxious move
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 23, 2017, 12:54 PM »
And of course I'm the sucker who will hunt the R2 I already have because of the cardback
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: April 23, 2017, 02:51 PM »

Thanks for confirming.  Well, that makes a lot of sense.  With most of the other figures out in black boxes recently, why not short pack the R2?   ::)

Rumor is it's because Leia, Luke and Obi-Wan are already in production due to the recent Black Series releases, whereas Han and R2 have been out of production for 3-4 years now.

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 23, 2017, 03:15 PM »
Someone school me please if need be, but aren't they running new production on Han and R2 now?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 25, 2017, 12:08 PM »
Someone school me please if need be, but aren't they running new production on Han and R2 now?

Yeah, don't they all need to run through production to be on the new cards?  If anything I would think that you'd short pack the items already in another package versus producing twice as many of them.  If they have to produce Han and R2 anyway, I would think shorter runs would hurt the profit per item on these.  But of course that argument is all based on logic and common sense.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: April 26, 2017, 12:54 PM »
Luke and Obi-Wan are easily findable for less than retail.

R2-D2 and Han Solo, while out of production for a couple years now, were clearanced out at the time when they were in stores.  This may be why they were wary to pack these heavily.  But the alternative is to pack another item heavier that is currently clogging distribution.  What a mess.

Leia is easily available but this one is slightly different.

That means that they will sell
R2
Han

Leia

Luke
Obi-Wan