Author Topic: Sabacc games & collectibles  (Read 3321 times)

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
Sabacc games & collectibles
« on: January 17, 2019, 01:14 PM »
Has anyone followed the history of sabacc?

Last night I found this "Han Solo card game" for $8 at Gamestop. I had never yet taken the time to compare movie sabaac to the game Lando and Zeb play in Rebels. I guuess they didn't need to make the two renditions match up.

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Solo-Card-Game/dp/B072VXWP2C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1547747232&sr=8-1&keywords=sabacc

Rebels: Idiot's Array.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Idiot%27s_Array

Macklunkey!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Sabacc games & collectibles
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 12:13 AM »
There was some retconning of the variety of Sabacc games in the EU.  To the best of my knowledge the first rendition tho came from a West End Games sourcebook that included a deco of cards and stuff.  I think I might own the book since I have a lot of them but I’m not sure anymore.  Hell To get old.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 09:32 AM »
There was some retconning of the variety of Sabacc games in the EU. 

I treat it like Poker - same basic game but a LOT of variations to the way you can play it - draw, stud, straight-up, texas hold em, etc etc.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 10:40 AM »

I treat it like Poker - same basic game but a LOT of variations to the way you can play it - draw, stud, straight-up, texas hold em, etc etc.

I agree with this, but it would change our games quite a bit if the clubs, diamonds, hearts, spades, jacks, queens, kings and jokers were all changed over to something else.
Macklunkey!

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 11:56 AM »
I agree with this, but it would change our games quite a bit if the clubs, diamonds, hearts, spades, jacks, queens, kings and jokers were all changed over to something else.

Actually, the original suits were a bit different in the past.  Some historical suits included swords, coins, polo sticks, cups, leaves, bells and acorns!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2019, 09:32 PM »
There was some retconning of the variety of Sabacc games in the EU. 

Exactly...  I think that was the plan there.  I think the cards in solo were the same maybe as what WEG put out too even.  Kinda neat. I’m easily amused. 🤷‍♂️
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77