Author Topic: OTC DVD Sets  (Read 18490 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: OTC DVD Sets
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2004, 05:14 PM »
Hah, Colman is so screwed here.  No DVDs included?  Nice touch, just three rehash figures including the oh-so crappy emperor.  Guess poor Matty will be buying these, but at least not in duplicates.  

So then the OTC stuff that's coming out isn't sufficient as promotional material, what with all the rehashed basic characters in there.  Now you can buy them, yet again?  Whoo doggies, weird thought process going on there.  

If I decide I want these for the packaging down the road, I'll get them on clearance or off ebay when everyone comes to the stunning realization they are a pile of steaming dung.  I don't know about US Walmarts, but these will probably run $25-30 Cdn as we never see a reduction in price with multipacks.  I forsee $10 clearance sales, but MIMP may be tough to come by.  The only one that should sell is that version, with Luke and Vader.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2004, 12:44 PM »

SilverZ

« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2004, 02:11 PM »
Thanks for the news there. Interesting that all 3 seem to be coming at once and not a staggered release. That's not so bad. Not that I'm dying to pace the Walmart aisles for any exclusive, but that makes life a little easier.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2004, 02:54 PM »
I'm actually going to pick up the ROTJ set should I see it, as I never got the Emperor from Saga.  Want him for my Emperor's Wrath "chuck em down a hole" Emperor figure.  Stormtrooper's always are nice too.

Still, these are just another in a long line of suckable things to be rehashed throughout this year.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

SilverZ

« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2004, 10:52 PM »
Don't know if this has been posted elsewhere, but Yakface has some pics from Walmart, and it shows the DVD display also has spaces (already stocked)  for the 3-packs:

Yakfaces's Walmart shots

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2004, 06:33 PM »
I have NEVER heard or seen anything about that display.  Is this for all Walmarts??  OMG, if it is...the people at my local Walmart are gonna REALLY think I am an annoying pest  ;).

Beth

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2004, 09:57 PM »
Now, fanboys across the nation are going to hit up Wal-Mart managers asking how much for the X-Wing replica (if they show up like I'm hoping.)

*calls managers at local WMs*
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2004, 03:12 PM »
Word on the street is that these sets are gonna be ten bucks or so...that casts them in a different light in my eyes.

Now I'm thinking I might pick up the TESB and ROTJ sets after all.

Does the price of these affect anyone else's view of them?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2004, 03:21 PM »
I'm kind of undecided on these sets.  Like many of you, I do have all of these figures already....but part of me thinks I might end up picking them up.  I'm not usually one to care about packaging, since I'm an opener, but it might be a nice, "something different" part to the collection.  I think I will pick up the ESB set for sure, because of the characters, but I'm not sure about the others.  I heard a $9.96 pricepoint for these too, which...while they are repacks...isn't so bad when you think about it.  3 to 4 figures for $10.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2004, 07:40 PM »
I want the ROTJ set because I never got that Emperor, and I like the Stormtrooper...

Seems cool enough to me in that regard.  Beyond that though, they're just "eh".  more repacks nobody wants.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2004, 07:46 PM »
$10? Sweet. I'll get the ROTJ set, and possibly the ESB one.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2004, 12:12 AM »
For $10, I may get the ROTJ one, since I never got the Emperor, and the packaging is kinda cool.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2004, 01:02 PM »

SilverZ

« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2004, 03:09 PM »
Grabbed mine this morning. Scratch one store exclusive off the list. They're on the big, square DVD palettes. They also seem a lot bigger in person for some reason.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2004, 03:13 PM »
That is if your Wal-Mart even has a Pallatte display...I swear my local one has had their head up their ass since Episode I toys first came out...one freaking OTC C-3PO on the pegs...great work