Author Topic: Hasbro Pulse 2023 TBOBF Throne Room Playset  (Read 6149 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Pulse 2023 TBOBF Throne Room Playset
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2022, 06:43 AM »
Hasbro Pulse charged backers of the Razor Crest once the Haslab campaign ended.  I have also seen them charge me and then it might have been a couple of weeks before the order was fulfilled - this happened with my recently delivered Black Series Archive order.  And there was a fair amount of time between when I was charged for the Rebel Fleet Trooper multipack and delivery.

Frankly, I think it would be a bad business practice for them to charge customers for this playset on the day of order rather than when they're ready to ship.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2022, 07:27 AM »
I don't think they'll charge your card if they treat this like a normal pre-order.  In fact its illegal to do so until your item is about to ship.

If they treat this like a kickstarter they'll charge your card right away.

All the language I've seen seems to imply this is a regular pre-order and thus your card won't be charged until much later when this ships.  Jayson at YakFace is saying the same as well.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 07:57 AM by Dave »

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2022, 08:10 AM »
Sure the price is a bit high, but man that thing looks great, and Bib looks awesome. Even though I already have a Jabba's Palace diorama, I'm planning to get this so I can have a Bib/Boba palace without displacing Jabba and his court.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2022, 08:35 AM »
I'm taken aback by how impressive it looks.  I wonder if it's going to feel as substantial when you unbox it.

The thing that I'm concerned about comes from a practical standpoint - where am I going to display this?  It's not a question of Jabba vs Bib vs Boba Fett.  It's about the physical space.  Because Hasbro gave us the dimensons.

10" tall
20" wide
10.5" deep

I use a pretty standard size shelf.  They're the Rubbermaid shelves sold at Home Depot, and they're 48" wide by 12" deep.  With this set being 10.5" deep there's won't be much room in front of the throne.  So do I need to go to a table top display?  I feel like I'm really running out of real estate now.  And the prospect of displaying everything just does not seem feasible.

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2022, 09:59 AM »
No Brian.  Preorders are charged when they ship.  The Haslabs are charged early but that's because it's a crowd-funded project.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2022, 01:18 PM »
Ordered.  $254 after taxes and $6 shipping.   ::)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2022, 01:18 PM »
Oh, **** it.  I pre-ordered two of these.   :-[

Plenty of time to change my mind, but for now I'm planning to make room for one with ROTJ Jabba & crew and one with TBOBF figures...  assuming they do more than just Boba, Fennec, Mando.  Bring on the Gamorrean Bodyguards, Black K, 8D8, and heck even the Mod kids I guess.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2022, 01:20 PM »
Oh, **** it.  I pre-ordered two of these.   :-[

Plenty of time to change my mind, but for now I'm planning to make room for one with ROTJ Jabba & crew and one with TBOBF figures...  assuming they do more than just Boba, Fennec, Mando.  Bring on the Gamorrean Bodyguards, Black K, 8D8, and heck even the Mod kids I guess.

Impressive!  I don't have room in my displays or my wallet for two of these bad boys.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2022, 01:20 PM »
I ordered one.  It's all I need.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2022, 01:34 PM »
It was surprisingly easy to have $230 fly out from my credit card. 

But the captcha on Hasbro Pulse continues to be a PITA.  I'm afraid that one of these days when they ask me to prove that I'm not a robot they're going to ask me to do the robot, and my head might explode.

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2022, 01:43 PM »
It was surprisingly easy to have $230 fly out from my credit card. 

But the captcha on Hasbro Pulse continues to be a PITA.  I'm afraid that one of these days when they ask me to prove that I'm not a robot they're going to ask me to do the robot, and my head might explode.

I went through 7 rounds of Captcha today.  Thought for sure it was going to sell out while I was squinting to identify stairs and chimney posts.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2022, 01:46 PM »
I don't have room in my displays or my wallet for two of these bad boys.

It really helps that I'm only buying 6" Han figures and nothing else in that line. I'd rather have a second 3.75" playset than ten 6" figures.  Plus, I can try to flip the second TBOBF Fat Bib to help offset the cost some.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 01:51 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2022, 01:52 PM »
Speaking from experience, it's FAR more costly to build this one yourself, once you factor in time, paint, supplies, etc. Just sculpting all the little accessories would take a long time. Sure, you can buy a lot of the things piecemeal from 3d artists on eBay—some good stuff for sure—but you still have to paint and generally modify ****. This is a much easier alternative.

I mean, if you value your time at $0 then you could build it cheaper for sure. But it's an endeavor that takes a ton of time to do well.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2022, 04:29 PM »
I dunno why but I didn’t bat an eye at ordering this immediately at 1.  Can’t wait for it and will be retiring the Barge for this to take its shelf spot.  Absolutely love it.  Given how all the other sets went on clearance, coupled with the complaining about this one’s price (I’m fine with it personally), I’ll be curious to see how this does.  Wonder what kind of run it’s going to have. 

As noted in the big stuff of the future thread, the door is open to a lot as long as they feel it’s financially viable.  This being an exclusive almost had to have a lower run in mind, but the Trophy Wall was too and I got those for $20.  This one having a truly exclusive figure will be a driving force too I think, for the carded crowd.

If you can afford it, it’s a nice time to collect.  It’s not 2007-09, but it is still nice in a different way.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2022, 05:08 PM »
Gleaned from a few sessions of the latest rounds of fan site Q-and-A:
  - intended as HasbroPulse exclusive and never a pivot from a HasLab project
  - exclusive to HasbroPulse in US, Canada and UK; available at outlets in a few other countries
  - exploration into viability of mid- to high-dollar price point, just below SW HasLab threshold
  - one of maybe four playsets pitched by designer Emily (redhead)
  - designed with commonly used shelf depth in mind
  - multi-era display consideration
  - interconnectability with Jabba Palace Adventure Set ultimately rejected because the walls and this playset are on different planes