Multimedia > Star Wars Universe

LFL/Disney Announce New Star Wars Movies from Benioff & Weiss

(1/9) > >>

Jeff:
GAME OF THRONES CREATORS DAVID BENIOFF AND D.B. WEISS TO WRITE AND PRODUCE A NEW SERIES OF STAR WARS FILMS

Nicklab:
Wow.  That is huge.  David Benioff and D.B. Weiss have done an amazing job adapting the world of George R.R. Martin for HBO.  And they're no slouches when it comes to writing.  They have a tremendous grasp for historical material and the classics.  And they very well might be the right guys to tackle a film series that delves into the Old Republic, along with exploring the ancient lore of the Jedi.

Darby:
I'm a fan of GOT. I don't know why this news leaves me cold. They may well have a pitch that is a home run. It's wait and see like everything else, I guess.

Dave:

--- Quote from: Darby on February  6, 2018, 05:09 PM ---I'm a fan of GOT. I don't know why this news leaves me cold. They may well have a pitch that is a home run. It's wait and see like everything else, I guess.

--- End quote ---

I feel the same way.  I'm still not sold on the Rian Johnson offshoot trilogy thing if there isn't much relation to the existing characters and story, but it seems Disney has already doubled down.

Darby:
I think my uncertainty may stem from the fact there seems to be no plan. Maybe that's a result of living with SW for 40 years knowing that there was a very logical progression in the films. We were going to get the PT, and then maybe, the ST. Anything else was pure pie in the sky. Now it seems we might get concurrent trilogies about vastly different subjects - not bad, mind you - and there's no real sense of progression ala the saga films or the MCU. Maybe there is, and we don't know it yet. But numerous films/trilogies/TV shows starts to feel EU-ish to me, and I personally didn't like the sprawl of the old EU. some of it was great, most wasn't.

I don't know. Still thinking about it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version