Author Topic: Big Items of the Future!  (Read 211257 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Big Items of the Future!
« Reply #645 on: July 11, 2019, 04:01 PM »
That's the way to cookie monster crumbles. This is a red flag that Hasbro isn't renewing the Star Wars license. You just don't kill momentum like that. The Khetanna was a final milking of love letter to collectors.

This based on a rumor I read from C. Little.  :P

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: July 11, 2019, 04:13 PM »
I’m still not sure this isn’t a joke. Total WTF...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: July 11, 2019, 04:39 PM »
I honestly don't know why anyone is surprised that this is not a Star Wars offering.  Hasbro stated that the next Haslab offering might be from some other licensed property, and this makes it perfectly clear.  The fact that it's not either a Transformers or Marvel offering is a little bit of a surprise to me, but I was almost certainly not going to be backing another project that wasn't a Star Wars item.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: July 11, 2019, 04:44 PM »
I have zero surprise it's not Star Wars. But I certainly thought it would be a collector heavy toy line. Admittedly I don't know if Sesame Street has a lot of toy collectors.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: July 11, 2019, 04:56 PM »
This paragraph is hilarious to me for some reason.

Because to bring the dream of a full-size Sesame Street product to life, we consulted with leaders and influencers in the Muppet fan community to voice fan opinion about character choice, product development, offering, and messaging—making this a by-the-fans, for-the-fans project, every step of the way.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #650 on: July 11, 2019, 05:24 PM »
I wouldn't have guessed there is a market for $300 Cookie Monsters that you wait a year to get. Good for those fans I guess......

Well, 10+ years ago, Master Replicas made a 1:1 Kermit the frog (limited edition 2500).  They are still very much in-demand with Muppet collectors and often sell for around $500-600 when they hit eBay.  So maybe making 3000 Cookie Monster figures for $300 is not out of the question?
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: July 11, 2019, 05:44 PM »
Shame on me for not doing my Muppet related research before commenting.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: July 11, 2019, 07:04 PM »
I guess we'd be wise to order one and then sell it and spend the money on Haslab's next next project....a life-sized doll of Pink Power Ranger Amy Jo Johnson.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: July 11, 2019, 10:42 PM »
I guess we'd be wise to order one and then sell it and spend the money on Haslab's next next project....a life-sized doll of Pink Power Ranger Amy Jo Johnson.

Lol! I worked with her on Power Rangers. I had to lift her into the arms of a monster. The only way I could get her up there was to lift her from her behind. She actual said to me, "just push me up by my butt," But, she didn't say "butt."  And I did. :)

True Story.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #654 on: July 11, 2019, 11:32 PM »
That's the way to cookie monster crumbles. This is a red flag that Hasbro isn't renewing the Star Wars license. You just don't kill momentum like that. The Khetanna was a final milking of love letter to collectors.

This based on a rumor I read from C. Little.  :P

Think you could call him Little C. but that C doesn’t mean “chicken” anymore.  Guy has serious compensation issues on a routine basis... over action figures.

The world doesn’t revolve around 40 + y/o Star Wars collectors today, and for some it was their first time realizing this it seems (by the comments online I’ve seen).  There is some seriously funny outrage out there tonight.  Worthy of a couple chuckles.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 11:35 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #655 on: July 12, 2019, 01:41 AM »
Yeah, people are losing their **** that this isn't a Star Wars project. I'm not surprised that it isn't Star Wars, but I am surprised it's Cookie Monster. I'm not getting him, but it seems like a cool project that should generate some PR for Hasbro, which is really the point for them, I think.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #656 on: July 12, 2019, 10:21 AM »

Lol! I worked with her on Power Rangers. I had to lift her into the arms of a monster. The only way I could get her up there was to lift her from her behind. She actual said to me, "just push me up by my butt," But, she didn't say "butt."  And I did. :)

True Story.

Not all heroes wear capes!   :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: July 12, 2019, 12:25 PM »
The word "entitlement" comes to mind with a lot of the reactions to this news.  That kind of sums up my feelings just from observing some of the reactions.  Some of the funniest responses were saying things like "Clearly Hasbro is not renewing the Star Wars license!"  Really?  People took that from this news?!?!

And again, I thought that Hasbro would probably gear the next Haslab project to another boys toys license:  Transformers, Marvel, maybe even use it to re-launch GI Joe.

Sesame Street was a bit of a surprise as the license goes.  I had no idea that Hasbro even had that particular license.  But going back 10+ years I remember a lot of friends were *REALLY* into the Palisades Muppets line.  Some of those pieces still go for pretty good money on the secondary market.  And with Sesame Street/The Muppets?  That market segment of really young kids is still a pretty good target market that is into toys and hasn't been swayed as much yet by video games.

I would definitely like to see another Star Wars Haslab project.  But I wasn't banking on it happening again any time soon.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 12:26 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: July 12, 2019, 01:27 PM »
I’m relieved to not be laying out for another huge purchase right now.  Space is limited and Comic Con exclusives are expensive.  Even though I don’t want the Cookie Monster, I think it’s awesome.

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: July 12, 2019, 03:01 PM »
The group losing their mind because this isn't Star Wars are laughable until they become nauseating.

I will say I think Hasbro could have done themselves a favor by making this type of line more obviously a possibility for Haslab. This reaction can't come as a shock to them. The group that expects nothing but what they want (with Disney too) has been bad mouthing them for quite some time now. Even if it's a bunch of crazies.

Most of the community of collectors I interact with were sure this would be from the SW, Marvel, Joe or Transformers lines. So as Hasbro why not nip that at the bud at least a little a little sooner?

Serious question. Does anyone know if the Sesame Street / Muppet collecting community thought at Haslabs inception that something like this was a possibility?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 03:02 PM by GrandMoffNick »