Author Topic: NBA 2006-07  (Read 63336 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: NBA 2007 Playoffs
« Reply #240 on: April 28, 2007, 09:35 AM »

(Psst.  Neal.  I know.  Just trying to give "Dressel" a little **** about about the '04 ALCS, that's all.  It didn't work out very well.)

Nah, I saw it.  I was going to give "Virex" a little **** too about our 26 World Championships, the most of any team in any sport, but then I realized that he's still cowering in the closet with his allegiance to his favorite teams that he's too embarassed to wear on his sleeve; thus rendering his comments about mine null and void.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 09:35 AM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #241 on: April 28, 2007, 10:09 AM »
Nah, I saw it.  I was going to give "Virex" a little **** too about our 26 World Championships, the most of any team in any sport, but then I realized that he's still cowering in the closet with his allegiance to his favorite teams that he's too embarassed to wear on his sleeve; thus rendering his comments about mine null and void.

My old screen name, that I haven't used in years, in quotes.    That's good stuff.

"Cowering in the closet?"  "Too 'embarassed' to wear on my sleeve?"  Please.  I've said it before; I guess I'll have to say it again:  I have no favorite teams in professional sports, sir.  I'm not sure why that's so difficult for you to understand, but I do understand that it complicates things for you, 'cause if I don't have "a team," then it makes it harder for you to "come back" at me when I point out that, despite their 26 rings, the Yankees are still the only team in Major League Baseball history to choke away a three-to-nothing lead in a post-season series.  So, instead of being able to retort with an oh-so-clever "oh yeah? well, your team sucks," you resort to the even more-so-clever implications that I'm somehow scared to admit what my favorite teams are.  Not true, sir.  If I had a favorite team, I'd tell ya.  But I don't.

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 28, 2007, 10:37 AM »
Bull.  There's got to be a team that you like at least slightly more than all the others.  Give us a break.

Yeah the Yanks lost some playoff series, big whoop.  They got to the playoffs like 50% of the time they've been in existence. 

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #243 on: April 28, 2007, 11:05 AM »
Bull.  There's got to be a team that you like at least slightly more than all the others.  Give us a break.

We've gone over this before, "Dressel," and I understand that the idea of someone being a casual sports fan may be a foreign concept to you, but, growing up where I did, and living where I do, there aren't really a whole lot of professional teams to latch onto.  Most people around here follow either the Sooners or the Cowboys (of the Oklahoma State variety).

So no, I have no allegiances to any one particular team in professional sports.

But, to throw you a bone, I'll say that my favorite teams are the Milwaukee Brewers, the Portland Trail-Blazers, the Arizona Cardinals, and the Montreal Canadiens.  Now, whenever I point something out--like how the Yankees haven't won a World Series since 2000--you can one-up me by telling me how much the Brewers have sucked ever since the Molitor and Yount days.  That'll show me.

Yeah the Yanks lost some playoff series, big whoop.  They got to the playoffs like 50% of the time they've been in existence.

You know, "Dressel," I was just making (what was) a good-natured joke, that's all.  I realize that the Yankees are the most-successful organization in the history of professional team sports.  Not that you'd let anyone around here forget that, though, anyway.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 28, 2007, 11:20 AM »

But, to throw you a bone, I'll say that my favorite teams are the Milwaukee Brewers, the Portland Trail-Blazers, the Arizona Cardinals, and the Montreal Canadiens. 

God, that was like pulling teeth!

You can stop putting quotes around "Dressel," it's not like I've made any effort to cover up that my name is Matt.  Or "Matt".  Or however you feel the need to write it.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #245 on: April 28, 2007, 11:28 AM »
God, that was like pulling teeth!

Please, tell me, that you don't really think th. . .  oh, nevermind.

You can stop putting quotes around "Dressel," it's not like I've made any effort to cover up that my name is Matt.  Or "Matt".  Or however you feel the need to write it.

Nope.  Continue to use the ridiculous, made-up screen name, and I'll continue to use the quotes whenever I'm speaking or referring to you.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 28, 2007, 12:36 PM »

Nope.  Continue to use the ridiculous, made-up screen name

Almost everyone else does.  Most of us haven't evolved enough like you have when you found the unbridled courage to shed the "Virex" and "Bill Cosby" tags.  Me, I like Dressel Rebel.  As you know the name written over your avatar is just as serious of an issue as any of us have ever been faced with in life.

and I'll continue to use the quotes whenever I'm speaking or referring to you.

Okay, I'll just find a few hours during the day to powernap and make up some of the sleep I'm bound to lose at night over this super important issue, "Matt".   ;)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #247 on: April 28, 2007, 01:47 PM »
Almost everyone else does.

Actually, no.  A lot of the folks around here have moved away from all the silly, made-up screen name bull****.  It's a change for the better, if you ask me.  Gives the place a certain sense of--I don't know--dignity.

Most of us haven't evolved enough like you have when you found the unbridled courage to shed the "Virex" and "Bill Cosby" tags.  Me, I like Dressel Rebel.  As you know the name written over your avatar is just as serious of an issue as any of us have ever been faced with in life.

(snip)

Okay, I'll just find a few hours during the day to powernap and make up some of the sleep I'm bound to lose at night over this super important issue, "Matt".   ;)

You know, you're the one making a big deal out of this, "Dressel."  If it's such a non-issue for you, then why do you care if I put quotes around your goofy screen name in the first place?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 02:09 PM by Matt »

Offline blimpyboy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Gamorrean lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 28, 2007, 02:04 PM »

Actually, no.  A lot of the folks around here have moved away from all the silly, made-up screen name bull****.  It's a change for the better, if you ask me.  Gives the place a certain since of--I don't know--dignity.

What a stupid name "Matt" is, anyway. 

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #249 on: April 28, 2007, 02:08 PM »
What a stupid name "Matt" is, anyway.

Agreed.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 28, 2007, 02:40 PM »

Actually, no.  A lot of the folks around here have moved away from all the silly, made-up screen name ********.  It's a change for the better, if you ask me.  Gives the place a certain sense of--I don't know--dignity.

Okay, I'm not going to waste too much time researching this, but out of the top 30 posters, 19 of them have a screenname that is either not their "real" name (like only the very coolest people such as yourself have) or is a Star Wars screenname.  11 out of 30 is definitely not proving your argument, which makes you wrong as usual.  And as you move away from the most active forum members, the percentage swings even further into my favor by a lot.

And even if you were right, I do what I feel like doing anyway even when cornholes like yourself object.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 02:45 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 28, 2007, 04:14 PM »
Detroit's going to get a lot of rest because they're going to clinch today and the other series' are at 2-0, 2-1, and 1-1.

Maybe they'll give the Suns more of a run for their money in the finals then  ;)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #252 on: April 28, 2007, 04:17 PM »
So much for that mid-day powernap, huh, "Dressel?" 

Okay, I'm not going to waste too much time researching this, but out of the top 30 posters, 19 of them have a screenname that is either not their "real" name (like only the very coolest people such as yourself have) or is a Star Wars screenname.  11 out of 30 is definitely not proving your argument, which makes you wrong as usual.  And as you move away from the most active forum members, the percentage swings even further into my favor by a lot.

Going so far as to go to the member list to prove me wrong.  Wow.  Congratulations, you win.  You're awesome.  I suck.  Is there anything in this world that you don't turn into some stupid competition?  Good Lord.

But, if that's how you want to play, I'm game.  The way I see it, out of the top thirty posters, seventeen are using their first name, their initials, or some other variation on their real name.  That's more than half!  The other thirteen are using made-up, bull**** screen names.

You're right, though--the further you delve into the JD archives, the more people you'll find have the retarded, made-up names like the one you have.  All of the "Darth Poopypants" and "Jedi Poindexters" and all of those guys.  You got me there.  Those people deserve to be taken just as seriously as someone using their real name, don't they?  (Your thoughts on that matter, "Robo-Quack?")

Still, though, quite a lot of people around here have gotten past the whole screen name thing, and more and more people are doing it every day.  I think it's a good trend, and I'm glad to be a part of it.  Makes things more personal, more friendly.  Those fake screen names are so passe, so 2003.  You never know--maybe one day, you'll even grow out of it. 

And even if you were right, I do what I feel like doing anyway even when cornholes like yourself object.

And now the name-calling begins, all over this--as you sarcastically referred to it--"serious" and "super important issue."  My goodness.  I think you're a little more upset about it than you'd like to let on. 

Anyway, by all means, keep doing what you feel like doing.  If you're comfortable with people picturing Prune Face when reading your posts, then more power to ya. 

But by the same token, I'll keep doing what I feel like doing, and that means putting your screen name in quotes when I'm addressing you.  And--dig this--the more you throw one of your patented, "Dressel Rebel"-brand fits about it, the more I'm gonna keep doing it.  :)  Maybe you could complain to "Chris Berry" or "Jeff Smentek" about it, if it bothers you that much.  I'm sure they'd love to hear it.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 28, 2007, 04:23 PM »

Those people deserve to be taken just as seriously as someone using their real name, don't they?  (Your thoughts on that matter, "Robo-Quack?")

Well I'm not sure that was entirely necessary!  :)

And besides, your campaign to change my screenname is futile, you already have the one I'd have taken.  Your aggressiveness and trend-setting style has actually nullified my attempt to fit in.  Oh well Prune Face it is...

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #254 on: April 28, 2007, 04:40 PM »
Well I'm not sure that was entirely necessary!  :)

Completely necessary, and completely on point.  Is "Dressel Rebel" any less-ridiculous than "Robo-Quack?"  I don't think so.

And besides, your campaign to change my screenname is futile, you already have the one I'd have taken.  Your aggressiveness and trend-setting style has actually nullified my attempt to fit in.  Oh well Prune Face it is...

Don't flatter yourself.  I'm not trying to get you to change your screen name.  I actually think it fits with the content of most of your posts--and deserves to be taken just as seriously (which is to say, not at all).  I don't give a **** what you do.  All I'm saying is--keep using the gaywad name, and I'll keep putting it in quotes.  That's all.

Sincerely,

JediBoi-1138