Author Topic: NBA 2006-07  (Read 63372 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: NBA 2007 Playoffs
« Reply #270 on: April 30, 2007, 11:51 AM »
It's weird for me to watch the playoffs as I haven't followed the sport since Hardaway and Mullen played for GS, Jordan and squad for the Bulls and Barkley for Phoenix.

I don't know any of these guys except for the leftovers from the early nineties.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 30, 2007, 03:23 PM »

LeBron has minimal desire to win and chokes when shooting big free throws. 

Meanwhile, Wade missed 6 of 10, including 3 of 5 in the fourth quarter when the Heat desperately needed some help.*

*From earlier article posting.

That's one game.  He shot 82% from the line this season, and that percentage goes up significantly in clutch time.  Wade was the only Heat player who actually made his foul shots in the game yesterday.
LeBron misses many more foul shots than he should, and especially this year, he's been missing them when they counted the most.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 03:26 PM by Neal »

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 30, 2007, 03:25 PM »
I know, but it was a big game.

Similarly, how long has Shaq been in the league? 

How is it that this guy cannot, after all this time, still not have a respectable FT %?

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 30, 2007, 03:29 PM »
I know, but it was a big game.

Similarly, how long has Shaq been in the league? 

How is it that this guy cannot, after all this time, still not have a respectable FT %?

Oh, I agree.  Wade definitely hasn't been himself since he came back from his injury.  He'll be having surgery on his shoulder shortly, and there's talk that he may need surgery on his left knee as well. 

As far as Shaq's foul-shooting ... I don't know.  Some guys just can't get the mechanics down.  His hands are so damn big, and it just seems that he can't hold the ball right and get a good touch on it.  Wilt Chamberlain was the same way.  He actually has a worse career free throw percentage than Shaq, if you can believe that.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #274 on: May 1, 2007, 12:58 AM »
David Stern hates the Denver Nuggets. That is all.
"This is the way."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 1, 2007, 06:58 PM »
Is tonight the night the Mavericks brilliant season dies?

I think they win this one, but lose game 6.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 1, 2007, 08:36 PM »
Is tonight the night the Mavericks brilliant season dies?

I think they win this one, but lose game 6.

Alls I know is the opportunity to rob you of a Darktrooper is slipping away with a quickness.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 2, 2007, 01:45 AM »
A glimmer of hope.  I don't think they can win in Oakland, but if they can force game 7, watch out.

Did anyone else watch this game tonight?  Golden State put up 3 after 3 after 3 - lots of them were wide open looks, but lots of them were horrible shots to take with guys all over them, and they (at least until the end) just kept making them.

Those guys are good.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 2, 2007, 10:14 AM »
I watched parts of the game.  This has been a really fun series to watch.  Dallas is up by over 20 in the first half, Golden State cuts it to 7 by halftime.  Golden State's up by 9 with 3 minutes left, looking like they're about to to end the series, Dirk FINALLY shows up, the Mavs roll off 15 straight points (12 by Dirk), and win the game.  Dallas showed their heart at the end of this one.  Now ... they have to try and find a way to win in Oakland.  Game 6 should be awesome.
« Last Edit: May 2, 2007, 10:18 AM by Neal »

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 3, 2007, 11:14 AM »
Lakers finally dead, and..good riddance. I know I'm asking for alot but I hope Kobe is never a part of a championship team ever again. I hope his price always has him on a team with a bunch of non-factor players around him, hurting his chances at another title. ;D

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 3, 2007, 03:55 PM »
Lakers finally dead, and..good riddance. I know I'm asking for alot but I hope Kobe is never a part of a championship team ever again. I hope his price always has him on a team with a bunch of non-factor players around him, hurting his chances at another title. ;D

I guess he'll just have to settle for that handul of championships he already won.  And then if that's the case, Slothus will have just emerged victorious.

::)
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 3, 2007, 04:07 PM »
Yep ;D

signed
a Lakah Hatah

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 3, 2007, 06:23 PM »
I guess he'll just have to settle for that handul of championships he already won. 

yeah, but i am sure to kobe those are tainted by having to share credit with shaq.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 3, 2007, 08:22 PM »
I guess he'll just have to settle for that handul of championships he already won. 

yeah, but i am sure to kobe those are tainted by having to share credit with shaq.

..and who's crying for him? "Not I" said the unseen birdy

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 4, 2007, 12:50 AM »
I can't remember the last time an MVP front runner disappeared this completely in a big time playoff elimination game.

Dirk has been moping around, getting his azz handed to him for 35 minutes now.  Worst display from him I can remember.

He lost any shot he had at being MVP tonight.  Nash has it.