Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 590138 times)

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
Re: Rebelscum
« Reply #3255 on: August 9, 2006, 03:27 PM »
I had a friend in grade school that snorted Pixie Stix.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: August 9, 2006, 03:29 PM »
According to Super Size Me, milk is still around, but they're trying now to outlaw Soda in school, which wasn't around when I was a kid.  Sweetest drink we could buy on school grounds was chocolate milk.

They didn't sell soda in my school either.  There was a juice machine in the front hall and all they sold in the cafaterie was 2% milk, skim milk and chocolate milk.  When I was either a junior or senior they added these healthy hippy milkshake things that weren't actually that bad.  But still no soda, unless you brought it from home.

We would pour our Pixie Stix into our milk......... :)

Ah, Pixie Stix.  I remember those but was never a big fan.  In high school we had a desert bar where you could buy ice cream sandwitches or those little plastic containers of ice cream with the paper top and wooden spoon.  Same place you could get those milkshakes I mentioned.  That was the extent of desert unless you counted the whip cream on the jello.   :P

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: August 9, 2006, 03:29 PM »
We would pour our Pixie Stix into our milk......... :)

...Ew.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #3258 on: August 9, 2006, 03:41 PM »

As said by Chris griffen to Stewie Griffen. "Don't stick that up your nose, it'll burn like hell."

To bad I tried that once in 6th grade. Man that stuff hurts.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: August 9, 2006, 04:08 PM »

As said by Chris griffen to Stewie Griffen. "Don't stick that up your nose, it'll burn like hell."

And we wonder why this country has so many adicts.

Kevin

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #3260 on: August 9, 2006, 04:18 PM »
I know I'm a few days behind on the 'stat' part of this, but this was the best I could do.  I've been horribly busy and there's absolutely no equitable way to cut that damn thing out.

Maybe it'd be easier to Photoshop her into Greggers' pic, instead.

It would accomplish two things:  We'd get our photo, and it'd be the first (and possibly only) time he's ever been in the same pic with a female.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: August 9, 2006, 05:00 PM »

And we wonder why this country has so many adicts.

Kevin

So are you Cockbite I now? I just thought since Ryan is staff now and all you might've been bumped up a bit.

Yes...in my school we are getting pretty much all sweets taken from us (Senior in HS here). I've been informed that French Club can't sell crepes anymore and Snickers will be one of a few candy bars with enough "nutritional value" to still be sold. Personally, I'll be wearing a nice trenchcoat I picked up at Men's Wearhouse this winter with enough sugar stored inside to pay for my college applications. That's my plan anyhow. ;)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: August 9, 2006, 05:10 PM »
JK, I'll also be a senior, but they haven't done away with candy... yet. I'll have to wait until next week to find out. I know they talked about ridding the schools of sugar, but nothing has happened yet except for the school raising prices at vending machines ($1.00 for a candy bar, $1.50 for a soda can, $1.75 for a Powerade bottle).
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: August 9, 2006, 05:12 PM »

Maybe it'd be easier to Photoshop her into Greggers' pic, instead.

What the hell is that thing anyway?

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: August 9, 2006, 05:41 PM »
In high school we had a desert bar where you could buy ice cream sandwitches or those little plastic containers of ice cream with the paper top and wooden spoon.  Same place you could get those milkshakes I mentioned.  That was the extent of desert unless you counted the whip cream on the jello.   :P

E...

I HATED those plastic containers thingys. The Ice cream was always hard as a rock and cracked/broke the wooden spoon. All this discussion should be moved to a high school memories/menu thread or something like that..oh well

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: August 10, 2006, 08:40 AM »
I'm a school administrator, and I can shed some light on the dietary changes from when we were kids.

Often, a beverage/candy company will "sponsor" a school, giving them a piece of the proceeds from all beverages sold from their machines.  Some see this as a cash cow, and it has been for a while.  Now the pendulum is swinging the other way towards healthier choices for our children.

As far as fund-raising foods for clubs and such, it is a different issue.  The companies that the schools contract with to provide meals to students often have a slim margin to profit.  Increasingly, they are seeing fund-raising and school store foods cannibalizing some of their potential lunchtime sales.  Some believe that the schools sanctioning such sales is a violation of their contract.  I know in our district, unless the food vendor is involved (aside from our High School's vocational restaurant) food cannot be sold on school grounds.  The vendor wants all $2 that Billy's mom gives him in the morning.  Hard to blame them, really.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3266 on: August 10, 2006, 08:25 PM »
What the hell is that thing anyway?

It's art, you dumbass!  Sheesh.  So uncultured some folks are...  ::)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: August 10, 2006, 09:39 PM »
Art?  I thought it was a science experiment...

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: August 10, 2006, 10:55 PM »
He means the thing Greg(g) is holding, not Greg(g) himself.

Kevin

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
  • i've never seen garbage eat garbage before
    • View Profile
    • http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Darth_Depressis
problems over at rebelscum?
« Reply #3269 on: August 16, 2006, 03:16 PM »
em i the only not able to talk on message boards or have they banned or blocked each account i've opened? any news on this sorta thing?