Author Topic: TLC Millenium Falcon  (Read 232192 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: TLC Millenium Falcon
« Reply #615 on: July 31, 2008, 07:24 PM »
Mine had that same problem at first, but the second time I put them in (after nearly all fell out during decal application) it didn't seem to happen...actually only the two furthest aft seemed to be loose at all.

I haven't exactly been flying this behemoth around so I don't really have any problems with the landing gear.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: July 31, 2008, 10:10 PM »
FINALLY got to open this thing and put it together... and it's just astonishing how big and beautifully sculpted it is!  Every time I walk into my collection room I can't help but grin and remark on the thing  ;D
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: August 1, 2008, 01:44 PM »
Mine had that same problem at first, but the second time I put them in (after nearly all fell out during decal application) it didn't seem to happen...actually only the two furthest aft seemed to be loose at all.

I haven't exactly been flying this behemoth around so I don't really have any problems with the landing gear.

Just remember to initiate the take off sequence whenever you do move it  ;D
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #618 on: August 5, 2008, 03:38 PM »
This seems to be out pacing the AT-TE right now. (Time will tell when the CW Movies comes out, a sure fire inspiration for the kiddies X-Mas lists.)
 I have been noticing these things are really clearing the shelves in all the big box stores pretty fast. I am thinking that come this Xmas this puppy could be fetching some serious cash like the Wii last year.  Anyone waiting may not want to wait that long. In Chicago most Targets are out of stock, TRU has only 2-3 and Wal-marts are hit or miss. GH posted an interesting story about how China is shutting down factories for the Olympics and this could mess us this years X-Mas shipments for all toys. I may invest in 2 more BMF in the next month to put away just in case, so tempting.......I feel the darkside coursing in my veins.......

I do want an extra one for myself boxed to put away.  ;)
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: August 18, 2008, 11:29 AM »
Woo hoo! I finally bought this last night. It is without doubt the coolest Star Wars toy ever made. There's really not much else I can say, other than it's worth every cent. ;D
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #620 on: August 18, 2008, 12:10 PM »
I actually bought one yesterday. Got it home, looked at the box and got right back in the car and returned it. I owned one for a total of 30 min. I am just not a vehicle guy and dont have the room for it. A Sail barge i would find the room for though.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: August 23, 2008, 12:03 PM »
Scum is reporting a $25 off sale at a WM in Washington.

Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: August 23, 2008, 08:22 PM »
Just use the TRU 20% off coupon.  Same price, same crappy service.  I like how they use those electronic alarm gizmos on the boxes....Like you're really going to be able to stick this thing in your pocket or under your shirt   ???

I really dig the trash can in front of the display.  Nice touch.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: August 23, 2008, 08:27 PM »
I like "save even more." How much was being saved at the original $149.96 price? Three cents less than Target?
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #624 on: August 23, 2008, 09:52 PM »
I like "save even more." How much was being saved at the original $149.96 price? Three cents less than Target?

$10 less than TRU  ;)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: August 25, 2008, 09:52 AM »
That's kind of nice to see a price break on the Falcon (although I already have mine, its still good to see for others).  I heard rumors of the AT-TE being dropped to $75 at another WM, so it will be interesting to see if that happens nationwide.  Maybe it is the early start on Christmas price slashes or something.  One thing I did notice this weekend is that the Falcons are sort of drying up in our town.  TRU doesn't have any (and hasn't since MM I think), both Targets I went to were sold out, and our WM (which had a ton on opening day) is down to three I think (on an endcap).  Hopefully these are selling as well as it appears.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: August 28, 2008, 06:52 PM »
Question - can she be put back in the box after assembly?  Picking one up tonight and I plan on displaying it (for awhile) but I would like to save the box for storage purposes.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #627 on: August 28, 2008, 08:01 PM »
Question - can she be put back in the box after assembly?

Maybe?

The right and left forward mandibles (the things on the front of the ship) are "one time fit" meaning they are meant to be attached and then left that way.

I'm not saying it's impossible to get them off once they are on there, but you would be taking the risk of breaking it if you tried to disassemble it to get it back in the box after you've already put it together.   :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: August 29, 2008, 12:23 PM »
Has anyone else seen it for $125, from the Walmarts I've been to around my neck of the woods, S. Calf, they're all still $149.  I haven't opened mine yet still hoping to see a price decrease in the slightest.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: August 30, 2008, 08:41 PM »
What´s the lowest and the highest price you have found for a TLC BMF?

I think 125$ is reasonabel, but 200$ is excessive

Good luck for all and beware of speculators.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 08:41 PM by EpicGon »