Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 557859 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #2595 on: September 16, 2021, 01:45 PM »
What a cool fresh idea to close out the series... our band of hero characters runs into a dangerous group of other people!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #2596 on: September 27, 2021, 09:58 AM »
If you did not watch last night's episode, even if you haven't watched the show in a while, go watch it!  They put a lot of great horror elements in it and using Connie's perspective (she's deaf, so they removed the sound), it was done brilliantly.  Then I saw that the episode was directed by Greg Nicotero, so it made sense.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: September 29, 2021, 10:13 AM »
If you did not watch last night's episode, even if you haven't watched the show in a while, go watch it!  They put a lot of great horror elements in it and using Connie's perspective (she's deaf, so they removed the sound), it was done brilliantly.  Then I saw that the episode was directed by Greg Nicotero, so it made sense.

That was pretty cool.

Overall, I can't decide how I feel about this season.  We're what 5 or 6 episodes in and while we can see the bad guys, what's the point?  The episodes don't feel like fillers for once, but at the same time I'm not even sure where they are going.  We've got 24 episodes, so they better start evolving and moving the story quick if they want to tie the finale up all nice and neat...unless they are planning to do something with the movies. 

The movies though, they haven't even started production and are just looking at scripts.  If they wait too long, which I fear they have, then the movies might flop just because people will have lost interest.  This isn't Marvel, I don't think they can run TV shows into movies and vice versa.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: September 29, 2021, 01:36 PM »
I have similar concerns Chris.  They have the second and final season of World Beyond starting this week (I think) and that is supposed to be a direct lead in to the Rick Grimes movies.  I fully expect Rick and Michonne to show up in the Walking Dead series finale and those movies need to happen pretty quick to explain what Rick's been doing since he "died" in the show.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: September 30, 2021, 09:11 AM »

Its funny, but my wife and I watched it and didn't really care for it just because of the horror element.  We miss the story lines and growth that used to exist in this show.  It seems recently that each season finds more ways to add more elements of gore.

This episode felt like someone's film school project with the non-sensical horror house with no way out, Gollum crab cannibal people, and torture scene.  It didn't seem to fit in to the normal Walking Dead aesthetic, but I can understand how people that like the horror genre would like this episode more.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 12:21 PM by Dave »

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2600 on: October 1, 2021, 09:03 AM »
I have similar concerns Chris.  They have the second and final season of World Beyond starting this week (I think) and that is supposed to be a direct lead in to the Rick Grimes movies.  I fully expect Rick and Michonne to show up in the Walking Dead series finale and those movies need to happen pretty quick to explain what Rick's been doing since he "died" in the show.

Are you watching World Beyond? I gave it about an episode and decided it was just terrible with poor acting, directing, etc.  I won't go back.  However, I've really enjoyed FTWD in recent seasons.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: October 1, 2021, 10:09 AM »
I suffered though the first season...it did get better as it went on, but none of those kids should be alive....they are dumber than the folks in Fear the Walking Dead during the outbreak.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: October 1, 2021, 02:50 PM »
Well you’ll both be unsurprised to hear that the promos for World Beyond are already saying it’s “The Final Season.”

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: October 3, 2021, 06:45 PM »
That's not breaking news, it was always planned as a two season run.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: October 3, 2021, 07:24 PM »
Ah, I had no idea.  I just watch then delete them off the DVR.  I don’t pay enough attention beyond that.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: October 29, 2021, 12:01 PM »
With one third of the final season out, I have to say, there are a lot of things I like even with the formulaic aspect of the reapers.

Nice twist with the death of Pope and what's he nuts taking over and turning on Daryll.  I did not see that part coming.

I'm looking forward to February when the show returns.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: December 8, 2022, 08:54 AM »
This series finally wrapped up and I'm glad its done.  I felt invested in this show after watching the first 6+ seasons that were mostly good.  The past few seasons felt like work with the plots being repetitive and the writing seemed to be a lot worse as well.

They're offering up a couple of spin-offs.  One with Rick and Michonne and one with Daryl and Maggie.  I'm not interested in either one.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: December 8, 2022, 12:21 PM »
I’ve never regretted my decision to stop watching after they killed off Carl for no reason whatsoever. The show really started out so strong too. Looking back I think losing the original show runner (Darabont?) was the kiss of death.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: December 9, 2022, 09:38 AM »
Losing Frank Darabont is never a good thing… almost always a downgrade.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: December 11, 2022, 10:50 AM »
This show isn’t done…there’s three spinoffs!
This is the way.

I have spoken.