Author Topic: WOTC Star Wars Miniatures  (Read 145066 times)

Offline soggybottomboy2469

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: WOTC Star Wars Miniatures
« Reply #555 on: May 6, 2006, 11:30 PM »
Yeah, I am pretty hardcore.  I know Matt.  We've traded and met at C3.

I am all over the WotC forums, big time trader and promo guru.

Do you know Doug in Central Ohio?

-b
-----------------------------------------------
bkweikert@earthlink.net

GO IRISH!!!
Star Wars minis rule...1006 and counting!
BOYCOTT Rebelscum...SUPPORT JediDefender.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #556 on: May 7, 2006, 02:58 AM »
Depends what Doug...  Doug Schroeder is a colleague of mine on the FFURG.com customizing site.  He's in Columbus. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: May 8, 2006, 12:00 AM »
That be the man!  One of my best friends!  Talk to him several times a day and have many projects involving him right now.

My recent work is the minis version of the Geonosis arena.

-b
bkweikert@earthlink.net

GO IRISH!!!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #558 on: May 8, 2006, 02:19 AM »
Yeah Doug just gave me a ring the other night actually...  He's a good buddy of mine too.  I got to hang with him a good bit at Celebration 3 actually as we both worked the FFURG.com customizing booth, and we were there first Wednesday to set up early for the con...  He and I have an afinity towards custom vehicles, so we used to spend hours talking about our respective projects.  He's less active on FFURG than he used to be because of school and stuff, so I miss those talks.

Good to see you aboard SBB, a friend of Doug's is a friend of mine no doubt...  Glad to have you aboard.  Hope to see more of you Ohio-ans around.  I'm from Pittsburgh, not too far out...  Coming out to Columbus for the WSMI Tour...  I'm mostly interested in taking high-detail shots of the LFL models actually.  It'll help me with current and future projects.

Good to have you on man, you should drop a line in the new members area to say hi and intro yourself...  Give a clue on what all you're into with collecting and stuff.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: May 18, 2006, 08:27 AM »
Yeah, Doug and I talk/work on customs almost every day.  He is currently starting to think up a way to make the Republic Drop ship from the Clone Wars cartoon series.  The one that drops troops on the planet that Anakin fights Asajj on.

Myself, I have a Geonosis arena in process for the miniatures game.  I am in the paint app process and should have it playable in another couple of weeks.

I'll link you when I'm not at work and it's blocked.

-b
bkweikert@earthlink.net

GO IRISH!!!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #560 on: May 19, 2006, 06:03 AM »
I've been tinkering with this .opt program lately for ship scratch building...  It's a little hard to explain but it rips .opts from games and you can basically get mesh or skinned profles and things of them.  Gives you some good imagery to work with to make new ships...  I know the Republic Drop Ship is somewhere online in .opt format to use... 

I was just looking over plans for a Stormtrooper Transport myself...

I worked with Doug a bit at C3, we had a fun time...  i'm supposed to be heading out to Columbus for the WSMI tour...  Hopefully get to talk to Doug while I'm out there a bit, and maybe run into you.  I'm just a hop skip, and bit of a jump out here in Pittsburgh. :)  Should be a typical dull drive out 70, haha, but worth it for the show I think...  I can get some good photos of props for future projects I figure.

Did you catch the front page stuff on the new minis starship game?  I'd hear a bit on this and reported on it back in February.  This game's sounding interesting, especially if the "relative scale" is really accurate...  It'd make for an impressive looking game with tiny fighters and huge ships like SSD's...  Should be interesting to see the minis though, and how they do it.  I mean I could see really tiny fighters, and then HUGE craft like the SSD's and then a mid-size that encompasses the more common capital ships and such.  Ships have such varying sizes though that it'll be interesting to see how they do it and keep stuff in-scale if that's the plan.

There's huge variances between snubfighters, Corvettes, Frigates, Mon Cal Cruisers/ISD's, SSD's, and the like.  That's a minis game I may pick up from the beginning.

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: May 19, 2006, 08:45 AM »
I'm intrigued with the Starship Battles but until I actually see some pictures I'm not getting too excited.  This could be really REALLY cool or it could totally flop... only time will tell....

Jeff
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: May 19, 2006, 01:50 PM »
Yeah, the Starship game should be col.  I plan to get it.  Too cool to pass up good ships in a good scale, display or for playing.

I love the new Sith Bell Hop preview and the DTP1 preview we got last night.  They are coo pieces.

-b
bkweikert@earthlink.net

GO IRISH!!!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #563 on: May 22, 2006, 04:01 AM »
Yeah it'll be a flop to me personally if they crap out on scale...  I'm ok if fighters are absolutely TINY miniatures.  Like smaller than a figure.  Anything to keep the scale right in my book.  It'll suck if the SSD is half its appropriate size to accomodate larger "small" minis like fighters and such.

This is what makes me curious about the Starship game, as the SSD is big even in its mistake "official" dimensions.  An actual scale one would be 17.8 km long or so...  Dwarfing other capital ships, it'd be a playing field unto itself almost I'd think.  Gaming with miniatures, to me at least, was always about having a realistic battlefield layed out...  Scale of a tank was matched to a trooper on the field and visa versa.  I just dread this game making concessions on some craft's size then because starships can get outrageously huge.  Of course, the SSD is kind of on the far end of large ships of course, but I'd still prefer scale or don't do an SSD mini.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #564 on: May 22, 2006, 04:12 AM »
Yeah, I am pretty hardcore.  I know Matt.  We've traded and met at C3.

I am all over the WotC forums, big time trader and promo guru.

Hey Brian!  Sorry, I've been a bit crazy busy with real life stuff lately, and rather MIA in the forums here for a while (and am now heading outta the country on Tuesday for a month as well), but I wanted to pop in here and welcome you (again), especially to the WOTC thread here.  Don't forget that you know Jeff (pka Nataku) around here too, from your ol' Trade Fed days.  ;)

Despite the plethora of EU, I'm getting anxious to nab that COTF set next month when I get back, but my lazy ass still hasn't re-acquired the Leia RH and Lobot minis from UH, that someone sent me that supposedly got lost in the mail.  Annoying going into the next set without polishing off the previous one!  :-\

I've fallen way far behind on the promos too, and that's sucks even worse.  I probably don't have any time to ponder a swap right now, but shoot me a link to your WOTC trade list and I'll take a quick looksee before we go.  My list hasn't been bumped in ages, but it should still be accurate at WOTC (if you sort by user you can probably find it fairly easily).  Anyway, good to have you in here!

I'm anxious to see this Starship lineup as well.  Bummer to hear they won't be in scale with the regular minis line, but obviously that wouldn't be possible if they're including some of the huge capital ships, which it sounds like they are now.  But hopefully they'll keep pumping out more ships in the regular minis line too, 'cause those are great.  The all-encompassing lineup ranging from OT to Prequels to EU to total background characters to in-scale ships, etc., makes the minis line really second to none in my book!  Just need a few actual "playset" type of things and we'd be all set (and no, I don't count the little layout things you guys use when gaming).  I want the real thing!  (I don't game with them, if you recall...)

- M
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 04:19 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: May 22, 2006, 04:25 PM »
I wonder if it will be 'HUGES' for the SSG's and capital ships are mid-size while regular fighters are 'figure' sized? If that be the case then I'm in. I'm always in for whooping my bro again at another WOTC game!

Can't wait for champions to hit! Like usual, I'm sure I won't be able to get any very rares :P.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #566 on: May 22, 2006, 08:14 PM »
From what I'd gathered, that'll be somewhat how it is, but the Starship game is a WHOLELY separate game too, not really affiliated with the miniatures battles game in any way.

For scale purposes, a Super Star Destroyer (which is said to come in the starter kit) is 17.6 (I think) Kilometers long...  Imagine if that was to-scale to the miniatures?  Yowza. :)

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: May 22, 2006, 11:27 PM »
Great to hear from you Matt.  Sadly, I just had a Lobot pass through my hands recently, or I'd hook a brutha up!  I'll be on the look out for those 2 in my pursuits, and maybe I'll hook you up in the end.  Only thing I have are a ton of extra promos and an UH Hailfire Droid.

I'm getting tons of CotF minis, so when you get back, if you fall behind, I should be able to hook you up, as well.

One of the current projects I am putting the finishing touches on for 3D terrain is the Geonosis Arena.  It's pretty good scale to the minis, should turn out nicely.  After that, I'm on to creating some more 3D terrain with dental plaster and resin, hopefully creating a garden of stone-like statues and using the new TSC mini holos an iluminating garden too.  After that, I am going to make a mini scale CR-20 (Republic Cruiser) as seen in the Clone Wars cartoons on Yavin.

-b
bkweikert@earthlink.net

GO IRISH!!!

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: WOTC Star Wars Miniatures COTF Checklist!
« Reply #568 on: May 24, 2006, 01:12 PM »
Here's the COTF checklist (unofficial until WOTC releases it):

OLD REPUBLIC
[] 1/60 Bastila Shan (VR)
[] 2/60 Jedi Consular (U)
[] 3/60 Jedi Guardian (U)
[] 4/60 Jedi Sentinel (U)
[] 5/60 Old Republic Commander (U)
[] 6/60 Old Republic Soldier (C)

SITH
[] 7/60 Dark Jedi (U)
[] 8/60 Dark Jedi Master (U)
[] 9/60 Dark Jedi Enforcer (U)
[] 10/60 Darth Bane (VR)
[] 11/60 Darth Malak (VR)
[] 12/60 Darth Nihilus (VR)
[] 13/60 Exar Kun (VR)
[] 14/60 Massassi Sith Mutant (U)
[] 15/60 Sith Assault Droid (U)
[] 16/60 Sith Trooper (C)
[] 17/60 Sith Trooper (C)
[] 18/60 Sith Trooper Commander (U)
[] 19/60 Uliq Qel-Droma (VR)

REPUBLIC
[] 20/60 Barriss Offee (R)
[] 21/60 Clone Commander Bacara (R)
[] 22/60 Clone Commander Cody (R)
[] 23/60 Clone Commander Gree (R)
[] 24/60 Depa Billaba (R)
[] 25/60 Even Piell (R)
[] 26/60 General Windu (R)
[] 27/60 Jedi Padawan (U)
[] 28/60 Jedi Weapon Master (U)
[] 29/60 Kashyyyk Trooper (C)
[] 30/60 Mas Amedda (R)
[] 31/60 Queen Amidala (R)
[] 32/60 Qui-Gon Jinn, Jedi Master (R)
[] 33/60 Republic Commando - Boss (U)
[] 34/60 Republic Commando - Fixer (C)
[] 35/60 Republic Commando - Scorch (C)
[] 36/60 Republic Commando - Sev (C)
[] 37/60 Saleucami Trooper (C)
[] 38/60 Utapau Trooper (C)

SEPARATIST
[] 39/60 Crab Droid (U)
[] 40/60 Darth Maul, Champion of the Sith (R)
[] 41/60 Darth Sidious, Dark Lord of the Sith (R)
[] 42/60 Octuptarra Droid (R)

REBEL
[] 43/60 Hoth Trooper w/Atgar (R)
[] 44/60 Luke Skywalker, Young Jedi (VR)
[] 45/60 Yoda of Dagobah(VR)

IMPERIAL
[] 46/60 Coruscant Guard(C)
[] 47/60 Dark Trooper, Phase I (C)
[] 48/60 Dark Trooper, Phase II(U)
[] 49/60 Darth Vader, Champion of the Sith (VR)
[] 50/60 Sandtrooper (C)
[] 51/60 Snowtrooper w/E-Web Blaster (R)

NEW REPUBLIC
[] 52/60 Corran Horn (R)
[] 53/60 Jacen Solo (VR)
[] 54/60 Jaina Solo (VR)

FRINGE
[] 55/60 Arcona Smuggler (C)
[] 56/60 Gundark (U)
[] 57/60 HK-47 (VR)
[] 58/60 R5 Astromech Droid (C)
[] 59/60 Ugnaught Demolitionist (C)
[] 60/60 Veractyl Wrangler (C)

Looks good- named Clones, TONS of SITH, Jedi Brats......

Oboewan
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: May 25, 2006, 11:45 AM »
Thrilled about Darth Bane, Republic's clone selection including Kashyyk trooper.

Adding Phase 1 and 2 Dark troopers to my already 8 Phase 3 will make a formidable gaming scenario there!