Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 418566 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1215 on: May 9, 2005, 09:02 AM »
I found a lone Mysterio at the local Wally yesterday..

I've planned out my buying for the rest of the year as well:

* ML X Black Panther
* ML X Cyclops
* ML X Angel
* ML XI Scarlet Witch
* ML XI Wonder Man
* ML XI Ultron
* ML XI Taskmaster
* Fearsome Foes Box Set (SM, Vulture, Rhino and Lizard)

As well as I've found 9 I will hope that 10 and 11 are just as easy to locate :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1216 on: May 9, 2005, 09:31 AM »
Sounds like those Fantastic Four movie figures are showing up more places around the country.  They weren't at our Wal-Mart on Saturday, but there were several open pegs right next to the Marvel Legends figures (which had restocked with 8, along with one remaining Nightcrawler), and I would think that they would be going there.  Might have to run there during lunch and see if they have shown up yet.  Anyone picked any up, if so, what do you think of them?  No Mysterios here yet, just Sandmans and Lizards, but they are clearing out fast now it seems.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1217 on: May 9, 2005, 10:44 AM »
Scott, are you not building a Sentinel?  I thought you were ordering a case?

I'm planning on picking up one each of X so I can build my Sentinel.  The series is pretty good too for me, so it's not as much crap as IX to get Galactus.  As for XI, I'm less anxious on most of it, just wanting to round out what I can for WCA. 

Mysterio and the box set will be purchased by me also, but now I'll have extras of characters again ::)  I think I'll be selling a big, loose lot on ebay and probably get around $5 for it :'(

No FF up here yet, but it should be soon.  Unless the Hulk movie scared them away and with the Thing hands it may well have.  I'm still a tad bitter over the no-show of Hulk Classics due to the mass of Hulk Movie merchandise >:(  There were many pieces there that I'd liked to have had.  Which reminds me, I still need an Abomination.  Add that to my list.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1218 on: May 9, 2005, 01:47 PM »
Stopped off at Wal-Mart during lunch today to pick up a few things, and swung through the action figures (of course).  Nothing new Star Wars wise, although they were setting up a display right at the front of the store now (similar to what they did during Spidey 2).  I was able to snag a Mysterio, as well as Mr. Fantastic, Human Torch, and the Thing from Series 1 of the Fantastic Four movie figures.  No Invisible Woman of course, but plenty of those darn "Bump and Go" thingys.  Do those even sell?  Maybe the kiddos like them.  Haven't opened them up yet, but these movie figs seem to have excellent likenesses so far.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1219 on: May 9, 2005, 04:54 PM »
Still nothing in NJ on FF or Mysterio.   :-[
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1220 on: May 9, 2005, 06:42 PM »
I can pick you up a Mysterio if you want. A local Wal-Mart seems to have a pretty good supply of them.

Found Thing and Torch today. I wasn't too sure about Torch, but as soon as I pressed that button and he lit up, I knew I had to buy it.  :) Thing makes sounds when you hit his right hand against something or stomp his left foot down.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1221 on: May 10, 2005, 03:44 PM »
Got a chance to crack open the three FF movie figures I found, and I really like all of them.  I especially like the Human Torch figures (Series 1), probably one of my all time favorite action figures.  It has a really nice likeness that comes through even though it is molded in translucent plastic, the articulation is quite good (39 pts), the joints aren't loose on my sample, and the action feature(s) are even kind of neat and unobtrusive.  Right now I'd say if you picked up any of these, just for fun, this would be a nice figure to have.

The Mr. Fantastic figure is pretty neat too.  I haven't gotten a chance to put all of the "extending" attachments on yet, but the ones I have used work pretty good and you really can't tell a difference between the "rubbery" extensions and the regular figure, so it fits together smoothly.  I'm trying to figure out how I want to display him exactly.  A nice figure overall.

I picked up the Series 1 Thing, even though I initially planned to wait for Series 2.  I guess it was a combination of being excited to find them, and the fact that I think the likeness on this one might be a little bit better.  The articulation is "ok", with his right arm and left leg missing ball sockets due to his action feature.  He has a small tab on his back that you can use to make him swing to punch, and his fist and foot have a "smashing" sound to resemble a punch.  On mine, they are quite touch, and really start to get annoying after awhile.  I bet the kids will love it though.  I might end up picking the Series 2 (or 3) version up too if I find them, but for standing on a shelf, this one isn't a bad figure.

I haven't found anything from Series 2, or Invisible Woman from Series 1 (checked again today, no go), but of these three figures, I think they are all pretty good.  Human Torch is definitely my favorite, and I actually prefer it to the ML version I have.  Hopefully IW (and Doom) won't be as impossible to find as it seems right now, I'd really like to have a "complete" set of all of them.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1222 on: May 10, 2005, 05:18 PM »
I'm going to bet Doom and Sue show up in better numbers around when FF comes out on DVD. It happens with both Doc Ock figures last year.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1223 on: May 11, 2005, 07:37 AM »
So I managed to complete my Galactus last night when I found Hulk and the left arm.  The thing is, I really only want the left arm and not the Hulk (I try not to get multiple figures of the same character).  Is anyone just collecting the figures they want and not worrying about having Galactus?  If so, does anyone want the Hulk?  I'd sell him for $5 or trade him for a basic SW figure.  Let me know.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1224 on: May 11, 2005, 10:32 AM »
So I managed to complete my Galactus last night when I found Hulk and the left arm.  The thing is, I really only want the left arm and not the Hulk (I try not to get multiple figures of the same character).  Is anyone just collecting the figures they want and not worrying about having Galactus?  If so, does anyone want the Hulk?  I'd sell him for $5 or trade him for a basic SW figure.  Let me know.

Boy do I understand that frustration.  I've got a stack of unwanted ML/SL figures now.  The fearsome foes box set will only add to the annoyance.  I'm guessing it will be about 12 figures I'll be selling off loose ::)

Anyone need a series VI unmasked Wolverine?  I've got two lying around here.  I think they both have the gold foil poster rather than the comic. 

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1225 on: May 11, 2005, 10:56 AM »
For me, Spidey's the worst.  Bought the Parachute one to get a comic book version in my collection.  Then the SS set came and now I have him.  Then the McFarlane superposeable version came and I bought it to replace the Parachute one.  When the FF set is release, I'll have yet another I have no need for.  Then I need the FA Spidey to complete my Sentinal - he's like Hulk in that regard, don't really want him, but I really want a Sentinal.

Cyclops and Angel are tough calls too.  I have both XMC versions of those characters.  The ML Cyclops is probably a better figure, so the XMC version will get phased out.  Angel and Archangel, even though the same character, represent two different time periods, so most likely both will stay (kind of like red & blue Spidey and black Spidey)
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1226 on: May 11, 2005, 11:11 AM »
I missed the XMC Cyclops, so I'm pretty pleased about the ML version, but might not be if I'd been able to pick it up earlier.  I agree about the Angel though, different enough by far.

As for spidey, my all time favorite comic book character, blech.  Too many of him hanging around.  Box set versions just end up in the drawer.  Still don't have the McFarlane so if that's what's in the new box set, great, a stroke of luck and having Canada be months behind the US finally pays off. 

The pack in figure pieces must be really boosting the sales for ToyBiz.  I wouldn't be at all surprised to see something else come along, but what could it be?  It would have to be a larger piece.  The Watcher?  A big-ass Thanos (with Infinity Gauntlet)?  Any others?

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1227 on: May 11, 2005, 01:00 PM »
Onslaught. There's one worth part building.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1228 on: May 11, 2005, 02:20 PM »
UATU the Watcher
Fin Fang Foom
Ego
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1229 on: May 11, 2005, 10:10 PM »
Picked up War Machine today to get the final piece of Galactus.  $14 CAD to finish him ::)  Anyone needs a loose War Machine, lmk. 

TRU had a bin of this series, but only had one Nightcrawler, 5 Hulk (all grey), 3 War Machine and nothing else.  The manager was there and he said yeah, it's a really crappy assortment lately, they just put those out today, so there were three other figures (he didn't remember which) for all 12 in the case.  Looks like Canadian cases are getting hand picked again as I linked a while ago :-\  Thank goodness I found the Professor, Deathlok and a couple of others in Indy.