Author Topic: Gamestop Black Series Shadow Stormtrooper (Force Unleashed)  (Read 1816 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Gamestop Black Series Shadow Stormtrooper (Force Unleashed)
« Reply #1 on: May 4, 2020, 01:38 PM »
Same here.  I’m done with the crapshoot that GameStop exclusives have become. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 4, 2020, 03:34 PM »
There is literally no way to get Free Shipping on this figure. Can’t order more than one, can’t bundle with the Stormtrooper Commander, can’t add in stock figures, nothing works. $33 is a bitter pill to swallow IMO.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 4, 2020, 05:22 PM »
There is literally no way to get Free Shipping on this figure. Can’t order more than one, can’t bundle with the Stormtrooper Commander, can’t add in stock figures, nothing works. $33 is a bitter pill to swallow IMO.

I signed up for a membership program with GameStop where I'm supposed to get $5 off a single item every month.  And guess what?  They wouldn't apply that promotion either!

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 9, 2020, 12:23 PM »
My card got charged for the Shadow Stormtrooper.  I wonder how long it’s going to be before these ship?

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 9, 2020, 02:54 PM »
Hopefully a bit longer.  In the last couple of weeks I've received separate packages for:

Revan
Heavy Battle Droid
Stormtrooper Commander
Bly
Dooku

I could use a week or two before the next one arrives...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 9, 2020, 11:48 PM »
I caved and preordered this just now. Actually surprised I was still able to if people’s cards are getting charged already. Wish I could have gotten more than one.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2020, 03:52 PM »
I caved and preordered this just now. Actually surprised I was still able to if people’s cards are getting charged already. Wish I could have gotten more than one.

That I saw that this went back up for sale after being sold out earlier.  Probably back in inventory as some people's cards are getting declined. 

Mine is due on Thursday now.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2020, 05:01 PM »
Just got my shipping notice
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2020, 06:40 PM »
Just got my shipping notice

Me too! Super service!

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2020, 11:23 AM »
Got both my Shadow Stormtrooper and Stormtrooper Commander this week.  Nice figures, but holy cow is Hasbro / GameStop cashing in on this.  Its the exact same figure, same accessories, same tray, just a different paint job for $25.  Now if they could just take that margin and put it towards some 3.75" figures...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2020, 11:47 AM »
Got both my Shadow Stormtrooper and Stormtrooper Commander this week.  Nice figures, but holy cow is Hasbro / GameStop cashing in on this.  Its the exact same figure, same accessories, same tray, just a different paint job for $25.  Now if they could just take that margin and put it towards some 3.75" figures...

I've been thinking about what we've gotten from Hasbro over the past 12 months, and I'm seriously wondering if the products that have been rolled out were an exercise in risk management?  Hasbro's license was only extended in February of this year.  And a lot of what has been offered  are either reissues or repaints (TVC reissues, the Remnant Stormtrooper repaint, Black Series repaints like the Shadow Stormtrooper, the majority of the TESB 40th Anniversary Collection).  It makes you wonder if the negotiations between Hasbro and Disney/LFL Licensing were kind of touch and go?

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2020, 12:37 PM »
I've been thinking about what we've gotten from Hasbro over the past 12 months, and I'm seriously wondering if the products that have been rolled out were an exercise in risk management?  Hasbro's license was only extended in February of this year.  And a lot of what has been offered  are either reissues or repaints (TVC reissues, the Remnant Stormtrooper repaint, Black Series repaints like the Shadow Stormtrooper, the majority of the TESB 40th Anniversary Collection).  It makes you wonder if the negotiations between Hasbro and Disney/LFL Licensing were kind of touch and go?

This is a good point.

Does anyone remember when we went through this last time where the contract came down to the wire if there was a lull in new products during the time leading up to the signed new contract?  I know we've gone through some dry spells in the past, but don't recall if any of these were associated with contract renegotiations.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2020, 03:19 AM »
Disney probably increased the licensing fee on Hasbro. Didn't they do something similar when they took over LFL in 2012? I remember Hasbro had to pay more, and that upped the price of the 3.75 inch figures to the $12.99 they sell for now. Probably a similar situation. The last true lull I remember was the full year of zero product from late 2014 to the TFA launch in 2015.

Oh, and my copy of the Shadow Stormtrooper got here over the weekend. Glad to have all the Gamestop stuff crossed off, and glad this means an end of receiving packages for a few weeks.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2020, 04:23 PM »
Glad to have all the Gamestop stuff crossed off, and glad this means an end of receiving packages for a few weeks.

Amen brother.  Another package or two and I would probably have been the next thing tossed onto our front porch.