Author Topic: Ozzy's Redition of "Take me out to the ballgame"  (Read 2309 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Ozzy's Redition of "Take me out to the ballgame"
« on: August 18, 2003, 09:22 AM »
Did anyone catch this?  I love Ozzy, but the fact remains that he is the laughing stock to everyone behind his own back.  I dont think he knew one line from the song.  He sang this over the weekend at a Chicago game.  There is no doubt that this is funny stuff, but that he is also the poster boy for "dont do drugs".  It made Frank Drebbins "national anthem" in Naked Gun seem flawless.   If anyone has the sound byte, please post here.  Its worthy of a good Monday back to work laugh.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Ozzy's Redition of "Take me out to the ballgame"
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2003, 11:57 AM »
Saw it on the news last night...good stuff.  At least they didn't let him sing the National Anthem...Someone should get DNA samples from him and Keith Richards because they both should have been dead 30 years ago

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2003, 12:07 PM »
I missed this barely.  I had the game on and went to take the trash out instead.  I came back and there was Ozzy and Sharon being interviewed by Steve Stone and Chip Caray.   I just knew I had missed an awful rendition but would have loved to seen it.  

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2003, 12:30 PM »
On a side note, here is Ozzy translating the Pope:  http://www.waaf.com/rftp/audiofiles/popeozzy.rm

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Ozzy's Rendition of "Take me out to the ballgame"
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2003, 04:18 PM »
This was indeed an absolute atrocity!  Man, Ozzy seriously didn't know a single word to the song, but hey - at least he knew the proper notes for the most part.  Sharon seemed to know the words for the most part, but wasn't singing loud enough to be heard.  If she had just sung louder (as lead), Ozzy would've made for a nice rhythm section...   :P  Didn't the Cubs people check to see if he KNEW any of the words?!?   :-\

Kerry Wood looked like he was furious at the rendition, peering over the bullpen wall...   :-X

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2003, 05:16 PM »
How funny. I came to JediDefender, and this clip was being played on the radio AS I opened up this page.

I **** you not....it just happened.

Funny.
Got Clones?

Offline carebear

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2003, 08:29 PM »
Ozzy needs some serious speech lessons.  I still don't understand how you can completely understand most of his songs.  Even Sharon was trying to look at the words to the song.  You would think that they would prepare or something....
Carrie Rhoads
DUSTRHO is my hubby!!!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2003, 09:12 PM »
Was it anything like Roseanne singing the National Anthem back in the early 90's?    :o
My ears still hurt!  

Offline carebear

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2003, 09:40 PM »
OMG!
Dude... Imagine a dying rhino trying to sing, but doesn't know the words.... that would be ozzy.
Carrie Rhoads
DUSTRHO is my hubby!!!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2003, 10:01 PM »
OMG!
Dude... Imagine a dying rhino trying to sing, but doesn't know the words.... that would be ozzy.

I'm glad I did not hear or see him attempt it. I did a quick search on the net & found what appears to be his rendition of it.

Ozzy Osbourne gets hold of the old ball game   ::)  

Offline DarthWormie

• Youngling
  • Mom always said, don't play ball in the house.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2003, 04:58 PM »
I heard this yesterday morning on Howard Stern as I was driving to work.  I was laughing so hard I thought I was going to hit a tree.  Funny stuff.
"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought."