Community > Watto's Junk Yard

Car found after 45 years

<< < (2/21) > >>

P-Siddy:
Awesome story.  Can't wait to hear more.

Jeff:

--- Quote from: BillCable on April 30, 2015, 08:32 AM ---Wow - that's just ridiculous.  That's a million dollar car these days!

--- End quote ---

I can only imagine how the guy on the other end of this deal is going to feel about it...  would be interesting to know how long they have had it, where/when they got it, etc.

Imagine taking care of that car for 40+ years only to have someone show up after all this time and take it from you because it was stolen 40+ yearsa ago.  :(

DSJ™:
Good lord! 40+ years & found. Hope it all works out & noting has been replaced & wonder what the mileage is now. Please keep us posted & with pics of the return. Wowzers!

Dave:

--- Quote from: Jeff on April 30, 2015, 10:07 AM ---I can only imagine how the guy on the other end of this deal is going to feel about it...  would be interesting to know how long they have had it, where/when they got it, etc.

Imagine taking care of that car for 40+ years only to have someone show up after all this time and take it from you because it was stolen 40+ yearsa ago.  :(

--- End quote ---

I was thinking the same thing.  Is the current "owner" completely hosed?  Does his insurance cover this sort of situation?

Does Paul's dad have to pay back the insurance company that paid him out 40 years ago?

Amazing story!  Let us know how it ends!

Jesse James:
Every situation like this I ever read or heard of, the owner is basically hosed.  Though how long they owned it tends to vary of course.  Insurance covering it seems to depend how your policy is worded regarding theft.  It's weird.

I have actually read several stories like this just different cars.  I never saw it end well for the guy who currently owns it though.

It could also be that the car is in bad shape.  Shelby frames sell for a decent amount of course though haha.  But yeah there could be little left of the car but the body and frame.  I know this guy who got a 65 fastback he owned back in a similar story but while it was mostly complete it was rotted on the frame n floor pans and the engine was seized.  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version