Author Topic: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies  (Read 336148 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies
« Reply #675 on: May 9, 2008, 08:17 PM »
I saw Iron Man yesterday and really liked it, great movie. Now I want the Mighty Mugg. :D

David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #676 on: May 9, 2008, 08:41 PM »
There's a MIGHTY MUG!!
DO WANT.

Adam

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: May 10, 2008, 05:21 PM »
Caught Iron Man this afternoon.  Pretty good flick and Downey Jr. did a fantastic job for his character.  I've never read a comic book in my life so I have no idea what the bonus footage at the end of the flick is for.  I won't say anything for those of you who haven't seen it yet.   ;)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: May 10, 2008, 11:26 PM »
Caught Iron Man this afternoon.  Pretty good flick and Downey Jr. did a fantastic job for his character.  I've never read a comic book in my life so I have no idea what the bonus footage at the end of the flick is for.  I won't say anything for those of you who haven't seen it yet.   ;)

I saw it tonight with my wife and we both loved it.  Stayed till the end for the bonsu footage, but having already seen it on youtube, it was less exciting than if I hadn't seen it.  I have an original Iron Man #1 from the old days and have been a fan for the better part of my life and honestly, I don't think anyone could have played that character better than RDJ.  Movie was fun, fast paced, good plot, and surprisingly funny.  I'm sure I'll hit it again and definitely getting the DVD.  Can't wait to see what Marvel does the next 2-3 years.  ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: May 11, 2008, 11:56 PM »
Whatever happened to the Black Panther movie that Wesley Snipes was attached to a few years back?  I clearly remember him being the one to want to do this movie.

Why? He's already Blade. Plus Snipes as BP wouldn't happen until he gets out of jail.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: May 13, 2008, 11:14 AM »
Did anyone else notice a cameo by Captain America's shield in the Iron Man movie (pic at the linky)?

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: May 13, 2008, 11:52 AM »
That's awesome.  I didn't notice it in the film, though.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: May 13, 2008, 01:17 PM »
Very cool.  I confess I missed it too; I was too busy staring at Ms. Potts. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #683 on: May 13, 2008, 01:30 PM »
i dont know if its his shield but if it is, very cool
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: May 13, 2008, 03:32 PM »
Very cool.  I confess I missed it too; I was too busy staring at Ms. Potts. 

Yes.  In general I'm not a fan of Gwyneth Paltrow but she did look pretty hot in IM.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: May 14, 2008, 11:01 AM »
SHH has a new trailer up for Incredible Hulk that is apparently in theatres with Speed Racer right now.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: May 16, 2008, 03:25 PM »
I forgot to mention I saw Speed Racer the other day.  It was.........awful.  Honestly, the worst movie I've seen in a very long time.  And never mind the don't take an epileptic with you aspect, the acting was fairly awful, the plot absolutely horrid and really no redeeming features.  Keep in mind I went in expecting this to be aimed at maybe a 6-15 year old male audience and they missed.  It might appear to 7 year old males, but beyond that it would be a stretch. Even if you get in free, it's not worth going because you could have had pop/popcorn at home cheaper. 

I think all those toys are going to be around a long time.  There was only five of us in the entire theater. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: May 23, 2008, 11:24 AM »
IGN has a little bit of info on some upcoming Marvel movies, courtesy of some information from Marvel Studios head Kevin Fiege.  Not much, but the following was mentioned:

Matthew McConaghey as Steve Rogers/Cap rumors are "untrue"
Thor movie will mostly (but not fully) take place in Asgard
That IS Captain America's shield in the Iron Man movie

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #688 on: May 23, 2008, 06:09 PM »
IGN has a little bit of info on some upcoming Marvel movies, courtesy of some information from Marvel Studios head Kevin Fiege.  Not much, but the following was mentioned:

Matthew McConaghey as Steve Rogers/Cap rumors are "untrue"
Thor movie will mostly (but not fully) take place in Asgard
That IS Captain America's shield in the Iron Man movie

1. I am thinking too bad, Mc might have been a good Cap
2. That may be very awesome. That may get us a film filled with gods. I assume it will end with him on coming to earth.
3. Very cool
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline bamaker

• Youngling
  • Hey, look at this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: May 27, 2008, 05:43 PM »
Finally caught Iron Man yesterday.  Wow! what a great film.  I'm familiar with Iron Man & his supporting cast, but have never been the biggest fan; didn't hate the character, just never read any of his comics.  I have to say, though, that this movie blew me away.  I thought all the actors were top-notch and gave great performances.  The scenes with Tony & Pepper were extremely well done & the James Rhodes character -- perfect.  The best part of the film to me is the middle when Tony is back in Malibu designing the armor and testing & tweaking it, taking it on a test-run, and finally in action back in Afghanistan.  The last third of the movie, the final fight against Obadiah Stane/Iron Monger felt a little rushed, but didn't really detract from my enjoyment.  I didn't get to stay for the "hidden" scene (my buddy had to get home to meet with a realtor & sign some paperwork), but that gives me the perfect excuse for seeing it again with my teenager.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 05:46 PM by bamaker »