Author Topic: WOTC Star Wars Miniatures  (Read 146272 times)

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: WOTC SW Miniatures (RPG/CMG/Clix)
« Reply #330 on: February 2, 2005, 03:57 PM »
I know...I know...

I am on a roll ;D!

Check this out.  Clone Strike Cases for $92.99 and pre-orders on ROTS Cases for $94.99.

$8 a change to ship 1 case and $10 UPS Ground to ship two cases.  No tax too!

Commons for as low as 25 cents each.

Great prices!

DBK
« Last Edit: February 2, 2005, 04:12 PM by DaBigKahuna »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #331 on: February 3, 2005, 02:23 AM »
JediMAC,

Thanks for the update.

Uh, I think you can call me Matt, Matthew...   ;)

Unpainted figures = great, because it looks like on some figures someone fell asleep while painting.  It will be interesting to see how hard these are to get.

Re-painted, actually.  Maybe that's what you meant though.  I'm still scared to death to see what's in store for these repaints, and how hard they may potentially be to come by...   :-\

Will the RS Set for Europe be identical to the U.S. release or will it be Tri-Logo?  I would hate to drop a lot of coin for the 5 VR's that I am looking for our set to see prices plumate if they are identical.

It's all identical - U.S., European, etc.  No tri-lingual with this stuff that I've ever heard of.  Lots of folks trade across the oceans, with not a peep of any differences between the minis or cards.  All the same, so you should be fine, M.

As for the case prices there, slow your roll Matt!  CS cases have been dropping into the 70s/80s range, so hold out for something better if you're looking into those.  Same will go for the ROTS sets.  Cases can usually be found well under $90, no problem, if you look around a little and are patient.  Just stay away from any cases from NeoToys on eBay...   :P

25 cents for commons is good though!   8)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #332 on: February 6, 2005, 05:47 AM »
Man, after hitting a complete brick wall for the past week on trying to nab my last 3 VRs for cheap (Mace, Aayla, Qui), out of the blue tonight I got a couple messages on some old offers I put out and it looks like I've got the Mace and Aayla now.  So Qui-Gonn's my last one now, other than still needing to grab a Starter set too, since that NeoToys scam artist never sent me mine...   >:(

Anyone hear when the ROTS set is due out?  My wife would be most appreciative if I would lay off the minis trading boards for a month or two, I think.   ;)

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 6, 2005, 09:44 AM »
Regarding JediMAC...didn't know for sure if you wanted anyone calling you by your real name on posts.  I thought you would be offended not using your codename / forumname ;D.

O.K. Matt, repaints will be interesting, I hope they do a better job on the eyes of some of the pieces.

I have no plans on nabbing Clone Strike at this point in time.  Lately, I have been really really having no (0) desire to collect prequel stuff.  However I saw a Grievous pre-quel figure at my Target and thought that looked pretty detailed. 

ROTS Minis appears to be scheduled for a May release.

Congrats on getting closer to completing the CS Set.

DBK

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #334 on: February 6, 2005, 11:14 PM »
Regarding JediMAC...didn't know for sure if you wanted anyone calling you by your real name on posts.  I thought you would be offended not using your codename / forumname ;D.

Heck, we all call eachother by our regular name 'round here Matthew.  You know that!  I do it to you all the time!  To even the score, I'm going to call you Kahuna all night tomorrow night when we get together.   :P

BTW, I'll shoot for 6, but it'll probably be closer to 6:30.  Islands in Porter Ranch, right?  See you there!

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Maydays Trade List have RS CS VR & R
« Reply #335 on: February 6, 2005, 11:28 PM »
Hey all! I mainly hang out in the kubrick thread here... mostly cause I forget this thread is here  ::)

Hi all,
I am down to needing just Yoda . Will trade heavily in your favor for the right deal. I do have lots of CS U/C that I have not listed yet, so ask if you need any of those.
I have quite a few good trades on the WOTC boards, and my eBay ID is sith_baker if you`d like to check that out.
I ship USPS with Delivery Confirmation. All my figs are bagged and have cards. I am willing to ship first if you have a good feedback rating.

I have a trade going for Maul, so all I need now is Yoda!
I pulled a Vader Sith Lord and Scout on Speeder recently (pays to shake the boosters )

HAVES
REBEL STORM
Scout Trooper on Speederbike VERY RARE 1
DARTH VADER, SITH LORD VERY RARE 1
2 C-3P0 RARE 2
10 Luke Skywalker, Rebel RARE 1
13 PRINCESS LEIA, SENATOR RARE 2
21 DARTH VADER, DARK JEDI RARE 1
26 GENERAL VEERS RARE 1
27 GRAND MOFF TARKIN RARE 3
52 LANDO RARE 2
55 GREEDO RARE 1
46 4-lom RARE 1

1 BOTAHN SPY UNCOMMON 5
6 ELITE REBEL TROOPER COMMON 5

17 REBEL PILOT COMMON 5
18 REBEL TROOPER COMMON 5
19 REBEL TROOPER COMMON 8
20 WOOKIE SOLDIER COMMON 10
41 BESPIN GUARD COMMON 20
44 DUROS MERCENARY UNCOMMON 5
53 MON CALAMARI MERCENARY COMMON 5
54 QUARREN ASSASSIN UNCOMMON 6
58 TWI`LEK BODYGUARD UNCOMMON 5
59 TWI`LEK SCOUNDREL COMMON 6

CLONE STRIKE

18 LUMINARA UNDULI RARE 1

4 ARC TROOPER UNCOMMON 1
41 GEONOSIAN DRONE COMMON 2
53 ISHI TIB SCOUT UNCOMMON 1
54 KLATOOINIAN ENFORCER COMMON 1
55 NIKTO SOLDIER COMMON 1
MANY MORE COMMONS/UNCOMMONS, ASK

NEEDS
CLONE STRIKE
26 Yoda
« Last Edit: February 19, 2005, 05:16 PM by Sithbaker »
Adam

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #336 on: February 8, 2005, 09:35 PM »
ROTS Minis appears to be scheduled for a May release.

RotS minis will be here in April!

**SPOILERS**

The Official Site provides an update tonight on the 60 piece set...

"Star Wars Miniatures has two full sets scheduled for 2005. In April, Revenge of the Sith adds 60 new figures, including key Episode III characters, lightsaber-wielding Jedi and Sith, more Wookiees -- even General Grievous and his bodyguards. In September, the game's Universe expansion introduces 60 more figures from the Original Trilogy era and beyond, and also introduces a big (and we mean BIG) new aspect to the game.

Each expansion will also be followed by an Ultimate Missions sourcebook, providing new maps and scenarios for Miniature gameplay. Ultimate Missions: Clone Strike releases on March 4, followed in June by Ultimate Missions: Revenge of the Sith, and August by Ultimate Missions: Universe.

Plus, in November be sure to look for the Star Wars Miniatures AT-AT, the most massive addition yet to the Miniatures game."

Jeff
« Last Edit: February 9, 2005, 04:22 AM by JediMAC »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #337 on: February 9, 2005, 04:25 AM »
I'm in.  No turning back now!   >:(

So who/what is that in the back row, second on the right?  Bad Anakin?

Can't wait to see that AT-AT.  So far, WOTC is one of the few SW licensees who's officially announced any OT product for this year, so I'm at least anxious to get my grubby mitts on that next OT sets of minis.  Keep 'em coming!   8)

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 9, 2005, 05:43 PM »
I pulled a Gen. Grev today, so down to needing just Maul and Yoda. HELP!!  ;D

Anyone have any luck selling their extras? I might have to resort to that and then hit eBay for the Yoda and Maul.

Adam

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #339 on: February 10, 2005, 12:51 AM »
I pulled a Gen. Grev today, so down to needing just Maul and Yoda. HELP!!  ;D

Anyone have any luck selling their extras? I might have to resort to that and then hit eBay for the Yoda and Maul.

Nice pull, Adam!

I've never actually sold any of my minis.  I have a lot more fun just trading them, and am currently trying to rack up a nice little stockpile of R and VR extras to swap for the ROTS minis when they come out.

Got my Aayla today, and Mace should be here tomorrow, so I just need me a Qui-Gonn to polish things off (and a cheap Starter Set)!  No hurry though, as I'm usually looking to "trade up" for the stuff I need.  Soon though...

So I assume everyone's in for the ROTS minis in a couple months as well, right?  I don't get quite as excited for the Prequel minis, but I'm still looking forward to them.  Then, after those, it's back to the OT, and some Huges and ships, and AT-ATs, etc.   8)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2005, 12:54 AM by JediMAC »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #340 on: February 18, 2005, 02:04 PM »
ROTS Mace is up now at WOTC:

On an unrelated note, I finally nabbed my cheap Starter set ($13 shipped), so I just have to receive my Qui-Gonn from a pending deal, and I'm officially done!  With some nice extras to spare.   8)

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 18, 2005, 11:58 PM »
All I'm after is  a Darth Maul. The only one I can't find in trades. People will only sell it for aroun30-40 dollars in their offers. Way too much for a toy whose going to have bent lightsabers...

Lately I've been using the miniatures in the SW RPG. me and my friends started playing it a few weeks ago. They've been playing D&d for years, wheras this is my first RPG experience. And I must say it is a lot of fun. the scenarios really beat the hell out of the miniatures game.

But if I recall, most of you just collect them anyway.

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 19, 2005, 05:18 PM »
Updated my trade list.
Have a deal in the works to get a Maul, just need Yoda now!
I added Vader Sith Lord and Scout on Speeder to the list today, had some good
luck shaking boosters recently  :P
Too bad can`t detect Yoda that way!

Adam

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 19, 2005, 10:07 PM »
You guys are nuts, certifiably nuts. 

I was at a comic shop to pick up my Stormtrooper Unleashed and he had these things lying around.  Boxes and singles for sale and this is just not a cheap thing to get into. 

I'll readily admit they looked cool, he had a Vader that looked positively awesome :o and it was relatively cheap, under $20 ::)  I think the highest individual pieces were $35 CAD.   

So I'm left thinking: mini's or 20" Vader statue :P
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 20, 2005, 12:53 AM »
You guys are nuts, certifiably nuts. 

I was at a comic shop to pick up my Stormtrooper Unleashed and he had these things lying around.  Boxes and singles for sale and this is just not a cheap thing to get into. 

I'll readily admit they looked cool, he had a Vader that looked positively awesome :o and it was relatively cheap, under $20 ::)  I think the highest individual pieces were $35 CAD.   

So I'm left thinking: mini's or 20" Vader statue :P

I have to admit, if I didn`t like playing the game, I wouldn`t be buying these. It would be way to $$$ for me to get them and just let them sit. Although, after buying a few and getting some extras, you can do a lot of trading and keep your
costs down.
Bring on ROTS!

Adam