Author Topic: Walmart 2022 TVC Deluxe "World-Building" Box Sets  (Read 10182 times)

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Walmart 2022 TVC Deluxe "World-Building" Box Sets
« Reply #75 on: September 3, 2022, 01:42 PM »
Shipment date for mine got moved around with the latest update stating tomorrow. I was totally surprised to find the package on the porch yesterday.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 3, 2022, 02:34 PM »
Mine just shipped. 

There’s only one of these guys in the Cantina scene t
right?

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #77 on: September 4, 2022, 01:17 AM »
My four arrived in hand today. Rob, I only remember the one cannon at the Navarro Cantina, but don’t quote me on that.

I’m actually pretty happy with this set. The last E-WEB I have is the POTF2 version. I honestly don’t remember if we had gotten a new version of the cannon until this set. The upgrade in really well done. Th sculpt looks great and it was pretty easy to get it put together. So far it feels pretty durable too. I plan on giving my extras to some snowtroopers. The paint apps on my troopers so far looks great. The rocker ankles are such an upgrade. I really wish I was able to preorder a few of the Wal-Mart “Collect All 96” version.  The blast effect is the same sculpt  one we got with the GG Jedi Fallen Order Heavy Stormtrooper with slightly different coloring. My only really gripe is he didn’t come with an E-11 or any other smaller arms. I’d say the hostler too, but without an E-11, he doesn’t really need one.

Overall, I am very happy with these.
"This is the way."

Online Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 4, 2022, 06:13 PM »
I had cancelled my original preorder for the E-Web set when they recently went up as an in-stock preorder due to ship Sept 4th. I had a change of address and this was the easiest way to go about it, plus I was *hoping* they were being factual about the Sept 4th shipping commitment.

I haven't received any updates from them either way, but looking today it shows it has been delayed.  :-[

They finally updated me on my order...to say they cancelled it because it is now considered out of stock.

Win some, lose some. I am pretty over collecting TVC anyway, but I really do want that new E-Web!
« Last Edit: September 4, 2022, 06:18 PM by Muftak »

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #79 on: September 6, 2022, 04:35 PM »
My E-WEBs arrived and I'm pretty pumped about these. I've been wanting one since probably right a couple years after the POTF2 one, so it's been a wait. I'll plan on setting one up with the snowtrooper, but I'm not sure if he even has enough articulation to strike the pose. I'm also planning on using one for a "rebel confiscated" version, because I like expanding on my rebel displays with some converted equipment. It's like Andor says, "to steal from the Empire...you just walk in like you belong" and bang...new ****.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #80 on: September 8, 2022, 10:54 AM »
Meanwhile, I got an email telling me that my Cantina Stormtrooper/eWeb (Laguna) set is now delayed until 9/1.   ::)

A week after 9/1 and my Walmart status has now been updated to "Delayed, check back for updates".  ::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 8, 2022, 11:54 AM »
I'm in the same boat with the delay on the Stormtrooper with the E-WEB.  I've seen instances with Walmart where an order gets indefinitely hung up, only to have the same item turn up for sale on the Walmart app/website.  As a result I've been clicking on the product listing.  That's where things can get a little hinky.

Just like on Amazon, the Walmart online store has marketplace sellers.  Lo and behold, there are marketplace sellers who have the Stormtrooper with E-WEB - for $53.99.  BUYER BEWARE.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2022, 02:24 PM »
Meanwhile, I got an email telling me that my Cantina Stormtrooper/eWeb (Laguna) set is now delayed until 9/1.

A week after 9/1 and my Walmart status has now been updated to "Delayed, check back for updates".

Latest delivery estimate from Walmart = 10/20/2022.  ::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2022, 02:36 PM »
Meanwhile, I got an email telling me that my Cantina Stormtrooper/eWeb (Laguna) set is now delayed until 9/1.

A week after 9/1 and my Walmart status has now been updated to "Delayed, check back for updates".

Latest delivery estimate from Walmart = 10/20/2022.  ::)

Same.  Weird that I got one of the Stormtrooper sets but not the other couple I ordered.  Still haven't got the other two either.  I was hoping to cross these off my checklist before the next onslaught of preorders start coming.

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2022, 02:56 PM »
I ordered one of the e-web sets. Got it a few weeks ago. Then the next day I received another. Billed both times so it wasn’t a lucky score. Didn’t want to go through the hassle of returning so I kept the second. I scratch my head how something like this still happens with the millions corporations spend on software.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #85 on: September 22, 2022, 08:57 PM »
For those of you who have had issues when you have had an expiring credit card on your Walmart preorder, was there zero option for you? I have been issued a new card even though my CC doesn’t expire for two more years. My card number hasn’t changed but my CVV has. I am hesitant to activate the new card since the old one will get shut down and that could hurt my Walmart preorders. Can anyone speak of their experiences? Thanks!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 22, 2022, 11:39 PM »
If it’s the same card with a new expiration date, I think it would still go through.  I’m not 100% sure on that, but that’s been my experience when getting new cards issued to me.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #87 on: September 23, 2022, 02:25 AM »
CVV numbers aren't actually stored anywhere. They are entered at the time of payment to help validate that the card is in hand, but the merchant (Walmart) can't actually store the CVV anywhere in their system. Those are for one-time use for key-entered transactions. Anytime you need to re-enter one to confirm the CVV, the card is just validated on the payment network again, rather than by comparing it to a stored value in the merchant's system.

As Rob said, if the card number and the expiration are the same, the transaction should still go through just fine. There are even a lot of cases where if the number on the card remains the same, and the exp had updated, the transaction would still go through. Those cases depend on the bank that issues the card though, or if the merchant uses a card updater service.

I'd think you should be fine to activate your new card.
"This is the way."

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 23, 2022, 08:52 AM »
Either way, Walmart still has at 20% chance of mucking up your order even if the credit card info doesn't change.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #89 on: September 29, 2022, 11:22 PM »
Hi guys, thanks for the feedback. Sorry for the late reply but I had actually forgotten that I posted this lol.

You all made great points. My card # isn’t changing, only the expiration date. And of course the CVV is a one time entry, I shoulda remembered that.

Of course Dave is right, there’s a good chance they will mess up my order even without this credit card change. My deluxe Stormtrooper is in limbo, who knows if I will ever see it…
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot