Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 476768 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Wednesday 12.14.05
« Reply #1365 on: December 14, 2005, 11:07 AM »
Vorax, I'm a bit confused on what arms you mean... there weren't any figures made in 1994, in 1995 the POTF2 line came out, and then the POTJ Vader wasn't until 2001... which arms are you referring to?

Famine, I took the pic down so it's a link now.  On Shundi, I felt he needed a change, and I went through hell in a handbasket trying to get a look that I like for him.  Eventually I went with the Maul figure base because Shundi kind of does his own thing (like secretly going to Dathomir to search for Rykrof) and it's the prototypical Jedi.  Maybe a little different paint scheme would make it seem a little better - do you think I should paint maybe the boots and/or gloves to match his hood/brownish robe?

:P

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: December 14, 2005, 11:24 AM »
Ouch! That did look painfull. What did Rykrof do to desire that? That black eye is really cool. Lots of colors there. He feels very raggety but really isn't. Poor guy.

I also like Jedi Master Kala Mly Shundi. I think your the only one that uses that head for much of anything. He'd look funny without the hood. Good choice of colors on him.

I think my favorite of your latest is that huge zombie-looking sith lord. I like how he has battle damage on his head. Its like a part of his head is missing. Maybe a piece of an ep1 c-3po head could be integrated into his head as if someone tried to fix major damage. Not someone you want to meet in the dark with a lightsaber.

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: December 14, 2005, 11:37 AM »
Thank you Phruby.  Rykrof will be in a hell of a lot of trouble in an upcoming photonovel with the Badoo Corba.  He's always been a thorn in their side, and they will have an opportunity to settle the score with him.  I didn't want to overdo the blood, so I hope it looks ok like it is.  This custom was hard to do, getting a long sleeved t-shirt look was very hard.  Most figures don't have thin enough arms to go with that kind of look.  I wanted him to look as though he's been a POW for a bit, which will be explained in detail when the series picks back up.  There will be a bit of a twist on it that I think people will enjoy.

For Kala Mly Shundi, I like the hood but I'm not satisfied with it.  Going to see what else I might be able to come up with before he hits the next photonovel.

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #1368 on: December 14, 2005, 02:45 PM »
Your interrigation Rykrof is very cool.
He looks like he's been worked over worse than Mel gibson in payback. (remember the toes)

Very Cool.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: December 14, 2005, 03:56 PM »
poor poor rykrof.  now that's exactly what i'm talking about.  pm sent your way.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: December 14, 2005, 04:11 PM »
Thanks Glassman, yeah he'll get the piss knocked out of him.  Maybe I shouldn't have given that away, but I don't think him getting captured will be the real "surprise" with what will happen.  It's how he gets captured and what happens next.

Jedipurge, PM sent back to you.

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: December 14, 2005, 04:15 PM »
nice set of customs CHEWIE.

- i like Lyba Tells, very good typical jedi look. the green skin looks really good with that biege and the big head goes surprisingly well with the slender shoulder build.

- i really like the new look of Shundi. he has always had a bit of black in his jedi robes, which i like, there's nothing that says a jedis can't dress somewhat dark, take bariss & luminari for example, especially with the fact that he is a somewhat defiant jedi. his overall new look is awsome and it really looks more like a battle uniform, which i hope means we will see him in more action! great job!

- Rykoff, very nice! Great job on the injuries, his head actually looks swollen! i can't wait to see how he gets himself out of that  mess.

another great batch of customs, thanks for sharing them!
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Darth Vorax

• Youngling
  • Will To Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: December 15, 2005, 12:15 AM »
Chewie...Sorry about that,lol! Yes,the POTF2 1995 version..I always confused those things.

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: December 15, 2005, 09:10 AM »
Great Work, as always Chewie.

I commented more back at Scum, since I can't get on these forums at home.

Keep up the great work,

Fritzkrieg
Fritzkrieg

Offline Phalanxx

• Jedi Initiate
  • I aim to misbehave
    • View Profile
    • Phalanxx Designs
« Reply #1374 on: December 15, 2005, 09:25 AM »
Another great set of customs.

JEDI MASTER KALA MLY SHUNDI -  I really like the use of the sidious bustup hood.  It works really well for a hooded jedi without needing a cloak.

PRISONER RYKROF ENLOE - Poor guy, what did he ever do to you, Chewie?  I can really see the pain in him.  His face actually looks swollen from taking a beating.  Can't wait to see that chapter of your photonovel.
Visit www.phalanxxdesigns.com - Custom Figures and Cardbacks.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: December 15, 2005, 10:18 AM »
Thanks guys.

jedistyle - Thanks, on the Ishi Tib Jedi - that head seemed to be about the only one other than Agen Kolar's that really looked ok on those slim shoulders.  A few other heads work too, but I though that one worked best.  On Shundi, I'm very glad someone else likes the design too.  It's hard as hell to find a good hood for him - without it, his head looks too small (maybe even with it, it does) but I am hoping to have a better hood soon.  He will be in quite a bit more action coming up soon.

Fritzkrieg - I wonder why you can't get on here at home... have you checked into the "cookies" on your home computer?

Darth Vorax - Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into it some more probably this weekend and see if anything else seems to work or not.

Phalanxx - Thank you, I think the hood looks better on this body because the Maul body's robes kind of "flow" on him a bit.  Rykrof will face maybe the hardest situation he's ever been in soon - I have started the script for the next photonovel and will get most (if not all) of the pics taken by this weekend, and then the editing process begins.  Definitely a new installment before Christmas.

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: December 15, 2005, 04:13 PM »
CHEWIE, have you tried a Gijoe Spytroops Zartan hood. it may work well. if you are interested, pm me, i have a couple xtra laying around.
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
  • NO! This one goes here; and that one goes here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: December 15, 2005, 04:23 PM »
as always CHEWIE, your customs are awesome.  the Dark Jedi is real menacing,
Since he  seems to be some sort of alien, the hands and legs look great to me.

keep'em coming bro.
This is my avatar. Talon Karrde

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: December 15, 2005, 05:42 PM »
Nice update. My favorite is the Prisoner Rykrof, poor guy! I love the detail on his face- it looks like he has his beard trimmed down a bit. Am I right? Awesome job on the new figures. I can't wait for the next installment of the series.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: December 16, 2005, 12:29 AM »
jedistyle - Actually yes I do have one of those hoods - it didn't seem to work too well... thank you for the offer but I think I am ok for now.   ;)

Talon_Kardde - Thank you, the alien Dark Jedi guy may look a little off, but I appreciate that you see it as maybe the design of his species.

Darth Nirvana - Thanks, yeah he's pretty beat up.  I actually expanded on his beard to make it look like he hasn't been able to shave for a bit.  I hope to get a lot of work done on the series this weekend perhaps.

And I have two more updates.

Talabar

head - BustUp Bossk
torso - POTC Myo
upper arms - POTC Myo
forearms - BustUp Bossk
legs - Myo

And another version of Rykrof, this is similar to an early one, but I made a helmet change with some details added to it.