Author Topic: The Office  (Read 66066 times)

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: The Office
« Reply #225 on: May 9, 2008, 12:40 PM »
Did you guys hear that NBC has been rumored to be developing a spin off.  I think I read somewhere that will premier after the superbowl next year.  There really weren't any details, which probably means nothing will happen, so I'm not sure if they'll do a similar mockumentary style at a whole new office, or if maybe it'll be about Toby (is he really going to Costa Rica?)..  Thoughts?  Also, how funny would it be that the new show would be a spin off of an adaptation?
I am not the Stig

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 9, 2008, 12:46 PM »
Yeah, I actually read that a month or so back at TVGuide.com.  It sounds like it is indeed confirmed (via NBC's upfronts) that there will be an Office spinoff.  It won't be until midseason the way it sounds (I thnk you might be right about the SuperBowl info), and the rumor is they are looking for a "name" to lead it (ala Steve Carrell).  It could be interesting, I just hope it doesn't water down the original (well, original US) show, and "oversaturate" things with The Office.  I know I'll be paying attention though, there isn't enough good comedies on TV these days and so many networks seem afraid of them (or prefer reality junk).

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #227 on: May 15, 2008, 10:11 PM »
Pretty good season finale I thought...the Jim/Pam thing certainly can play out one more year I guess. 

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 15, 2008, 11:50 PM »
The Kevin subplot was hilarious.  Creed was classic.  What do I do here?  I should have written it down.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 16, 2008, 07:23 AM »
While I was disappointed that Jim and Pam didn't get engaged, it ended up being fine - like Pam said - they are on solid ground.  Besides, Jim said that when he proposed, it would kick her ass.   That scene would have just been sweet, not ass-kicking..........

Anybody else think that Jim might be joining Pam in NY as Ryan's replacement?

The Kevin/Holly bit was priceless.  I wonder how long that can go on........

I loved the Dwangela bit at the end - it made up for my Jam disappointment.  :)
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 16, 2008, 09:03 AM »
I can't even figure out what my favorite part of the episode was.  Was it Creed being unable to remember what he does, Michael actually being normal to a woman he likes (Holly), Kevin's "special" status, Jim nearly proposing to Pam, Ryan getting arrested (on YouTube!), or Dwight and Angela's wardrobe malfunction in accounting.  Great episode.  I'm really looking forward next season.  I'm wondering what they are going to do with Ryan's old job.  We already know that Jim was at least considered for the position previously (it wasn't shown, but did he actual turn David down for the job during the interview? I can't remember), he clearly is someone that David Hallob (sp?) CFO likes and with Pam going to the city, I think Jim might be tempted this time.

Again, great way to end the season.
I am not the Stig

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 16, 2008, 12:09 PM »

Anybody else think that Jim might be joining Pam in NY as Ryan's replacement?
Very possible.  I like that Jim just kept going off on Ryan over the phone.  I'm not sure how that would play out though.  I really need to see the Jim/Dwight interaction.  But, when Jim did leave before, they were able to keep the jokes going.  BTW, the prank last night was great I thought. 

The Kevin/Holly bit was priceless.  I wonder how long that can go on........
As slow as Kevin is, I bet they can drag that out for a while.  I thought it was pretty f'n funny last night because Kevin is such a dolt anyway.

I loved the Dwangela bit at the end - it made up for my Jam disappointment.  :)

Yeah, I'm hoping Andy goes by the wayside.  I want him still in the office, but Dwight/Angela is just great.

All in all, a great-great episode last night.  It really set stuff up for next season.  This I think will be one of my favorites.  Jenna Fischer was on Leno last week and mentioned several things in the interview that we would see.  All the things that she said came to pass, but not in the way you thought they would.  I'm guessing the show producers put her up to throwing in some stuff in the Leno interview.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 12:11 PM by Chris M »
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 18, 2008, 11:21 AM »
I finally watched The Office last night and it was great.  One of the better episodes in a while.  The only (slight) disappointment was with all the good schtick there were no Stanley scenes.

The gimmick with Kevin was a blast and the cell phone prank rocked.  I'll be disappointed to see Toby leave but it made for a good episode.

And the YouTube video of Ryan getting arrested was funny as hell.  The actual video is really on YouTube: Whoaa!! Check it out !!!.  I loved Oscar's commentary; "The real crime, I think, was the beard."

Can't wait till next season.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 20, 2008, 10:28 AM »
Anyone play the mini golf game on the office website.  My best score was 2 over par.  That last hole always gets me.  Any tips on that one, I'm always getting like a 6.
I am not the Stig

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #234 on: July 8, 2008, 06:41 PM »
From some website:

'THE OFFICE' WEBISODES PREMIERE ON NBC.COM ON JULY 10th

Second Installment Sponsored by Comcast, Sony Electronics and Priceline

BURBANK, Calif. July 8, 2008 NBC.com today announced that "The Office" webisodes will go live on Thursday, July 10th at 3pm (ET) on NBC.com. The second series of webisodes for this popular NBC comedy are sponsored by Comcast, Sony Electronics and Priceline. The announcement was made by Vivi Zigler, President, NBC Universal Digital Entertainment.

"'The Office,' the show that pioneered webisodes two years ago, is back with another clever installment," said Zigler. "The huge online fan base will love seeing the exploits of Kevin, Oscar, Darrel and the gang as they figure out Kevin's financial future. It's a great summer treat for anyone who likes the show."

In "Kevin's Loan," the second series of "The Office" webisodes, Kevin (Brian Baumgartner) pursues a unique solution in an effort to pay back his looming gambling debts. This installment also stars Oscar Nunez, Leslie David Baker and Craig Robinson.

More Craig "Darrell" Robinson is a good thing, even if it's some crappy web exclusive thing.  Vastly underused on the regular show.  Cracks me up everytime he's on screen.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 9, 2008, 07:54 AM »
Dink 'n flicka
I am not the Stig

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 23, 2008, 11:30 AM »
Just a couple of more days until the new season of the Office. :D  There's a part of me that thought perhaps Pam and Jim quietly ran off and got engaged/married over the summer, but I haven't noticed any rings on any fingers in the previews.

I'm just looking forward to some new episodes............. 

"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 23, 2008, 11:36 AM »
I'm really hoping that Michael and Dwight need to go visit Ryan in prison for some reason or another, like the password to a system or something.  I think it would be great to see the Michael and Dwight squeezed into the little booth trying to share the phone, because Dwight won't wait his turn.

Ever notice that Dwight is to Michael, kind of like Mose is to Dwight, the stupid sidekick....

The way last season left off was great!  I'm hoping that Ryan and Angela are still engaged, just so we can see more of Dwight mopey and maybe Phyllis can exact some revenge!

I'm really excited that the season is starting soon.
I am not the Stig

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 23, 2008, 10:50 PM »
I can't remember where it was I read them, but I did read a few spoilers.  I'll just say that I'm stoked for Thursday night.  Kind of sucks because I'm playing softball at 8, so I'm going to have about 4-5 hours of DVR'd shows and I'll get through them over the weekend.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 24, 2008, 07:39 AM »
I can't remember where it was I read them, but I did read a few spoilers. 

I try to avoid spoilers -- not just on this show, but on any show/movie I watch.  I prefer to speculate. ;)