Author Topic: Series 2  (Read 146106 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1005 on: March 18, 2004, 09:17 PM »
His time is going to run out!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #1006 on: March 18, 2004, 10:05 PM »
Brian's Toys has R2 up for $160...not too shabby...

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1007 on: March 18, 2004, 10:10 PM »
Thats about average price they go for on eBay.

They also have Luke for $249.99 & Boba Fett for $799.99. Ouch!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1008 on: March 18, 2004, 10:46 PM »
Brian's Toys has R2 up for $160...not too shabby...

Well that's enough to chase me away from the chase figs.  If Andy doesn't come through (and earns five negative feedbacks within the same 10 minute span) I'll be dropping the chase-chase.  

Indy's on it's way and I have the white Sandtrooper (thanks Dale) so that would be enough.  Until we see what the next set is, though I'm leaning towards BBTS for a set next time.  Shipping to me from them was dirt cheap.  I'll get nailed on customs, but that's no different from HLJ.  

Unless Matt's plan of finding them cheaper on ebay in May pans out, that is.  Otherwise the cash will be directed towards a Riddell Stormtrooper helmet.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1009 on: March 19, 2004, 09:33 AM »
I'm sure they will show up on eBay in May in a good price range.

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1010 on: March 19, 2004, 11:41 AM »
Since there is some time between now and the release of series 3, I am going to try a little project if anyone is interested.  If you are interested in buying a case or master case let me know.  I'm going to try and tally up the total and then work on getting us a quantity discount from a few of my sources.  

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1011 on: March 19, 2004, 11:44 AM »
Define quantity discount please.  How much of a percent? :-*
« Last Edit: March 19, 2004, 11:46 AM by DSJ™ »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #1012 on: March 19, 2004, 12:14 PM »
This is for Series 3 (if it happens :P)??? I'd be interested if so!

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1013 on: March 19, 2004, 12:25 PM »
I have no idea, but I'm thinking probably $10.00 cheaper shipped than HLJ for a case and $40-50 cheaper for a master case.  Of course it would depend on how many cases we would buy.  Personally I'm getting a master case so I can get the chase figure or figures.  Also I know a few of you live in Canada and the great thing about this would be I could ship them to you for about $7.00 per case letter post air and mark them as a gift so you don't get hit up for fees.  So that would also save you money.  

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1014 on: March 19, 2004, 12:41 PM »
I will wait & see what happens if we get a series 3. Sounds good to me thus far.  8)  Keep us posted.  ;D

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #1015 on: March 19, 2004, 02:15 PM »
So, I haven't seen mention on this thread of the Star Wars bootleg Kubrick-type figures...

Hey, welcome to the Kubrick collectors club Bob!  Now if we could just get three of these clowns in here to learn how to PM eachother, we could get some good conversation going again!   :P

There's been some mentions of the bootlegs here and there (including in the prior 2 Kubrick threads), but not a whole lot of interest in them apparently, now that the real stuff's out.  I definitely loved those bootlegs before I ever heard of the real ones coming out a few years later.  I've got the ANH, ESB, and ROTJ sets, along with the Carbo Han.  I'd still like to pick up the Death Star Han/Luke/Chewie set that you mentioned (yes, that one definitely exists), along with the Fett tin and Speeder Bike set to complete my OT bootleg collection.

I tried to use those as bragging rights that my "Kubrick" collection was bigger and better than the other guys here, but they weren't wanting to hear it...   :P  It's all about the carded Kubricks with these snobs!   ;D

Anyway, glad to have you join in on the best SW Kubrick conversation on the net!  In case you hadn't noticed, we also have another Kubrick thread in the "Other Toy Lines" forum, for all non-Star Wars Kubrick discussion.  Lots of collectors here of the other Kubrick lines too, so hop on in and enjoy!   8)

- Matt

P.S.  Have I mentioned to anyone that I'd like to know if/when Series 3 is coming, and what the hell's in it?!?   :-\

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #1016 on: March 19, 2004, 02:31 PM »
Any Kubrick newbies or people thinking about delving into this line, might want to check out this auction.  All 8 of the Series 2 Kubricks (w/ variant Band member and Sandtrooper, but no Indy), with a BIN of only $59.  Seller's in Honk Kong ($15 shipping), but has some not so hot feedback, which is why this auction's probably floating around still.  But if you're in a risky kinda mood, and want to make the jump...

Up to you!   ;)

EDIT:  Here's another auction for the same 8 figures, and currently at $10 less ($49.99), but with 2 days to go still.  Good thing about this one is that the seller comes highly recommended!   ;)  Good luck Simon!  Did you change your company name too?  Instead of Quasar Collectibles, it looks like it's now:

$51 Indy (2 days left)

All 8 Series 2 again (no Indy) with $59.00 BIN, and only $4.30 shipping since it's already in the U.S.  That's only $8 per figure, for the mathematically challenged...   :-*

Yikes!  Looks like Andy's got an Early Bird set up with a BIN of $173.   :-X  Tricky fella put "Boba Fett Carded" in his auction title too.  That was obviously to draw in more bidders, but at the same time, that can lead to some serious confusion on the buyers behalf, and IMO borders on false advertising.  Looks like he's still got spotless feedback right now, so I'm honestly surprised that he's risking ruining all of that with 5 potential negatives on those Carded R2 auctions he's apparently renigging on...   :-\

Yeah, I'm bored, and browsing around eBay for no particular reason...   :P
« Last Edit: March 19, 2004, 02:53 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1017 on: March 19, 2004, 02:47 PM »
Here's a good deal on a set of 8 series 2.  Seller has 214 feedback with 100% rating.  

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3182399243&category=48972

I have no idea who the seller is.   ;)    

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #1018 on: March 19, 2004, 02:57 PM »
Ha!  Looks like I already covered it Jon!   ;)  Didn't even notice your response here, as I was just dropping a few more auctions in my prior post.  Good deal on 'em, that's for sure!  You getting out of the ol' Kubrick club, or were these just extras?

Early Bird sets up to $179...   :o

AFA 90 Carded Luke - $139   ::)

Looks like Wickett's still doing well...  $167!

Bootleg ROTJ set for $101!!!   :o  What the hell happened there?!?  These things usually go for pretty cheap...

I always dig these carded custom jobs too:

« Last Edit: March 19, 2004, 03:22 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1019 on: March 19, 2004, 03:04 PM »
No I'm not leaving the club.  That's crazy talk.   ;)  Just some extras I've been selling here and there from my master case.