Author Topic: Aliens: Colonial Marines - by Hiya Toy  (Read 33522 times)

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines - by Hiya Toy
« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2019, 11:55 AM »
Bringing up an older topic, but I recently purchased the Hiya Colonial Marines APC model via Amazon Prime and it’s really quite incredible 8)

The model really is a gem with accurate detailing throughout and a lot of working features.  Mine came with a “Bella” action figure and that hasn’t broken on me yet...  I guess my only gripe is that the top gun turret on my model is a tad loose, and while it could easily be fixed by tightening the screw that holds it to its baseplate, the screw is near-impossible to reach without removing the slide-rails that hold it in place. 

I also wish there were more Colonial Marines figures that were easily available and affordable other than just Cruz, Bella, and Redding.  (I missed out on Hicks & Hudson and can’t justify nearly $100 for an action figure!)
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines - by Hiya Toy
« Reply #76 on: August 29, 2021, 05:07 PM »
I was in GameStop a little while ago and saw the Hiya Toys Loader from Aliens.  I was seriously tempted to pick it up.  It was only $39.99, and it’s also 1:18 scale.  With some paint it could make a decent stand-in for a Clone Wars era ammunition loading droid that I remember seeing in some reference books.

https://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/figures/products/alien-power-loader-action-figure-only-at-gamestop/233227.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw4KyJBhAbEiwAaAQbE5kvCbKcVSlwpsXeZ56l-AGU4zmZnJ-5KwIBOlYCCr02YZ3usx5OohoCxXQQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback