Author Topic: Star Wars Celebration III: Indianapolis  (Read 119203 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Star Wars Celebration 3
« Reply #225 on: September 21, 2004, 12:09 AM »
Oh buck up little camper!  *gently nudges Matt on the chin*  :)

heh
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #226 on: September 23, 2004, 12:15 AM »
C3 info's going to be up Monday for your buying pleasure...  Check the front page here at Jedi Defender for more news and whatnot.

And of course, we here at Jedi Defender are looking forward to seeing you guys and girls at the con! 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 23, 2004, 12:42 PM »
Now I gotta spend 300 bucks on tickets.

Greeeeat!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 27, 2004, 03:10 PM »
WTF??  I can't seem to even register with Gencon as the server keeps crashing.  I have no idea who the hell is behind this brilliant website but maybe, just maybe, they could of posted LAST week that you needed to be registered with GenCon before you could attempt to buy a ticket.
Beth

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #229 on: September 27, 2004, 03:13 PM »
I hear ya' Beth!  Surprised to encounter that little catch as well!  Fortunately, I finally got through that phase (and got a confirmation e-mail), after trying about 10 times.

But now I can't register for my badge.  The site's completely blown up, as expected.  Can't ANYONE ever figure out how to keep a site running when something big and Star Wars hits the net?!?   >:(

This is ridiculous!

Beth, where are you going to try and stay?

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 27, 2004, 03:20 PM »
At the Marriott downtown.  I don't give a rat's ass about the frickin' pass, I just wanted to get my hotel room due to the costumes I am wearing and the convenience of the walkway in case of rain.  Hell, I could buy the pass next year and still get in but they make you buy the pass before they give you the top secret access to rooms.   I still can't even register with D-con and I started try at 2:45 EST  ::) :-\

Where are you staying (or should I say, going to try to stay)??
« Last Edit: September 27, 2004, 03:23 PM by jadesfire »
Beth

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #231 on: September 27, 2004, 03:35 PM »
I wonder if GenCon's website preparedness is at all indicative of how prepared they'll actually be at C3...  Definitely not off to a good start so far.   :-\

Beth, is that the regular Marriott, or the Courtyard one?  As for me/us, not even sure yet.  I'm just gonna hop in there (some day) and see what happens!  But it will be one that's either connected, or within .3 (three tenths) miles.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 27, 2004, 03:44 PM »
I wonder if GenCon's website preparedness is at all indicative of how prepared they'll actually be at C3... Definitely not off to a good start so far. :-\

What kill's me is they had to know how many people would be trying to order their badges and get their hotels.  How the hell could they NOT know???  I had to miss work and come home to do this since we are not allowed to access the interent at the office so that's really what is pissing me off the most.

Beth, is that the regular Marriott, or the Courtyard one? As for me/us, not even sure yet. I'm just gonna hop in there (some day) and see what happens! But it will be one that's either connected, or within .3 (three tenths) miles.

The regular Marriott.  If I can't get there, I'm going to try the Hyatt or the Westin. 

Beth

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 27, 2004, 03:50 PM »
Did my post not get posted?  ???

BAH! This is sick! Not only did I have clearance to get the following:

Hyperspace/Fanclub (that's 40 bucks for both now, right?)

Tickets

Lanyard

Hotelroom (but only up to 199 a night  :P)

But now it appears I'm going to have to wait!

Ugh! I need that damnedable hotel room! Ugh, looks like I'll be waiting till tommorow or tonight then, huh?
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #234 on: September 27, 2004, 03:57 PM »
Ugh, looks like I'll be waiting till tommorow or tonight then, huh?

If that, Andrew.  GenCon is already doing their best to ruin the C3 experience.  It shouldn't have to be like this.  Over an hour now, and I've gotten nowhere, except but to create an account with them.  Actually got the login screen to load exactly twice, out of a few hundred attempts, but got booted both times I tried to log in.  Pretty damned crappy service from GenCon so far.  I wonder what the convention will be like, if they're already this unprepared for heavy traffic at their sorry site...   ::)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #235 on: September 27, 2004, 05:02 PM »
From a moderator at the StarWars.com's forums:

Hi all.

Just letting you know that the people who need to know about the problem do know about the problem. Posting reports about the problem on this or any other site is not going to help. It is an issue with the GenCon site, not starwars.com. Appears there was much more traffic than expected.

No ****.  Ya' don't say...   ::)

Still can't get through AT ALL.  Decent hotel rooms will definitely be gone by the time that I do, I'm sure.   >:(

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #236 on: September 27, 2004, 05:04 PM »
Why the hell do sites not prepare for this sort of onslaught?  I can remember this happening more often then it doesn't ::)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 27, 2004, 05:09 PM »
From a moderator at the StarWars.com's forums:

Hi all.

Just letting you know that the people who need to know about the problem do know about the problem. Posting reports about the problem on this or any other site is not going to help. It is an issue with the GenCon site, not starwars.com. Appears there was much more traffic than expected.

What the **** kind of answer is that???????????  I finally got it to accept my login and I am at the "buy your badge" page.  When I'm done with that, I think I'll log back in to get the Vader topper :-X

Beth

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 27, 2004, 05:15 PM »
I'm curious if any of you that are bringing your spouse or girlfriend are signing them up to the official fan club to get in with you early or are relying on those 4 free passes so they can get in with you at the same tieme.
Beth

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #239 on: September 27, 2004, 05:25 PM »
I love it when you get all fired up like that Beth!   8)

As for the rest of us, I think we're all ditching our significant others this time.  Haven't heard of anyone here who's taking their wives/husbands/partners/etc. to C3.

I took Patty to C2, but since I know so many people from online now, I intend on hanging out with all these goofballs this time 'round.   ;)