Author Topic: 2005 DVD Thread  (Read 71073 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: 2005 DVD Thread
« Reply #285 on: October 21, 2005, 06:49 PM »
No dude, that's an article.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 21, 2005, 06:50 PM »
No dude, that's an article.

*Rimshot*

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 21, 2005, 06:54 PM »
Nyah. :P

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #288 on: October 21, 2005, 06:56 PM »
Hahaha! Is that an Onion?

Indeed.

Just wish I could find the accompanying pic of the mopey-looking Jewish kid holding the offending DVD.  It was just as funny as the rest of the article.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 21, 2005, 07:01 PM »
Hahaha! Is that an Onion?

Indeed.

Just wish I could find the accompanying pic of the mopey-looking Jewish kid holding the offending DVD.  It was just as funny as the rest of the article.

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/30231

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 22, 2005, 03:56 PM »

Bought this myself. It took my forever but I found a widescreen version of it.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2005, 03:56 PM by MetalJedi »
I remember my dream now.

Offline Cory Chaos

• Jedi Initiate
  • Musically Inclined
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 22, 2005, 10:54 PM »
Same here. No WS UR DC's ar my Best Buy, Wal Mart wanted $20 for theirs, so Target at $16.99 was my last resort, which worked.

Made my single largest purchase, monetarily, this weekend, $205 of animated goodness;

« Last Edit: October 22, 2005, 10:54 PM by Cinemaddiction »

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 22, 2005, 11:44 PM »
How long is the Directors cut of LOTD?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Cory Chaos

• Jedi Initiate
  • Musically Inclined
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 23, 2005, 01:17 AM »
97 minutes, as opposed to 93 on the R rated cut.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 23, 2005, 03:06 AM »
Same here. No WS UR DC's ar my Best Buy, Wal Mart wanted $20 for theirs, so Target at $16.99 was my last resort, which worked.

Damn that sucks that your Walmart was charging that much. Mine was 15 bucks.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 23, 2005, 11:47 AM »
Walmarts prices are so varied in my area.  I have 2 Walmarts within 5-8 miles of me and 1 charges 14.99 for all new releases as opposed to 19.99 for al new releases.  Its such a huge difference I cant believe the one store even sells any, but they do.  We just had a Target open up a few months back in our area the the prices there for DVD's is insulting as well.  Never any thing remotely cheap on new releases.  Strange since a Circuit City is rignt down the street and there prices are usually cheap on new releases.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #296 on: October 23, 2005, 12:33 PM »
And word has it (although this may just be wishful thinking) that Best Buy's giveaway will be a Prequel Trilogy slipcase, to match the Original Trilogy slipcase.

Wishful thinking, indeed.

Looks like Best Buy's freebie is just gonna be a Darth Vader lithograph for Reward Zone members.

More here.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Cory Chaos

• Jedi Initiate
  • Musically Inclined
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 23, 2005, 01:01 PM »
That "litho" is garbage, IMO. It's not even movie specific, more pop art than anything, which has me leaning towards spending a whopping $4 on an exclusive bonus disc.

Re: Best Buy and Wal Mart prices. I don't understand why they'll (WM) price match one new release, and not the other, both equally as "major" in relation to their theatrical release, while not necessarily popularity. Best Buy's Reward Zone offers vary from region to region as well, i.e. 2 Disk Wizard of Oz for $12.99 in some, $16.99 in others.

Doesn't really matter to me, since I'm opting for the 3 disc, but still.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2005, 01:04 PM by Cinemaddiction »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 24, 2005, 09:29 AM »
I was hoping to pick up Batman Begins last Tuesday, but our closest Wal-Mart was charging $25 for the Deluxe edition.  I figured I'd wait until I went to Target or Best Buy, and check their prices.  Well, after checking two Wal-Marts, two Targets, and a Best Buy, every single store was sold out of that version this weekend...although, they were swimming in the single disc edition.  I'm kind of surprised they did a release like that, it seems like the 2-disc sets are becoming more of a standard lately...especially for "big" movies like that.  Anyways, I'm checking to see if Target restocks this week (they were charging 19.99), otherwise its off to Amazon I go :).  I think that's the first time I haven't been able to find a DVD I was looking for in its release week...they must have severely underordered the deluxe versions or something.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #299 on: October 24, 2005, 12:45 PM »
It looks to be something hosted by the droids, which tells the story of Anakin and Luke.  This may have been something which aired on Fox around the time that Clones came out in theatres.

"Walmart Exclusive Bonus Disc Includes: The Skywalker family is at the heart of the Star Wars saga. Now hear the inside story of Luke and Anakin Skywalker from the characters who witnessed it all: the famous droid duo C-3PO and R2-D2! Episodes IV, V and VI are explored in "The Story Of Luke Skywalker," which follows the young man escaping from his daily chores on Tatooine to his becoming a hero in the Rebel Alliance. In "The Story Of Anakin Skywalker," you'll go behind the mask of the greatest Star Wars villain and discover how Darth Vader started life as a young Podracing champion on Tatooine and later became a headstrong young Jedi seduced by the dark side of the Force. With clips from the Star Wars films, C-3PO and R2-D2 take you on an hour long journey through the saga and prepare you for the explosive final chapter: "Star Wars: Episode III Revenge Of The Sith."