Author Topic: Hasbro Pulse 2023 TBOBF Throne Room Playset  (Read 6232 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Hasbro Pulse 2023 TBOBF Throne Room Playset
« on: February 9, 2022, 11:22 AM »
Revealed on today's live-stream - https://youtu.be/CKQAJhrYJV0?t=1542

New TBOBF Jabba's Palace Throne Room Playset:
- One of the largest TVC Playsets ever - 10" tall = 10.5" deep x 20" wide
- includes carded TBOBF Bib Fortuna
- includes Bib/Boba Throne
- includes 50 accessories (including grill/spit/cooking meat)
- manually rolling dais/platform

Up for Pre-Order tomorrow, 2/10, at 1pm ET.  Hasbro Pulse Exclusive in US, UK, Canada.  Due in Summer 2023.  Price is $229.99

Full set of press Pics coming soon...
« Last Edit: June 7, 2022, 08:59 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Pulse 2023 TBOBF Throne Room Playset
« Reply #1 on: February 9, 2022, 11:23 AM »
TBoBF Throne Room!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: February 9, 2022, 11:27 AM »
WOAH that Jabba/Bib/Boba's Palace set looks ******* AWESOME. Can't believe they are doing something that big for TVC. Still waiting to see how much it costs... Guessing at least $249.99...

Hard to tell but it looks like it doesn't connect to the other Jabba's palace set, which is a bit disappointing.
« Last Edit: February 9, 2022, 11:29 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: February 9, 2022, 11:30 AM »
Guessing at least $249.99...

And here's me trying to figure out if I should buy two so I can have one ROTJ and one TBOBF.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 9, 2022, 11:34 AM »

Close.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: February 9, 2022, 11:35 AM »

And here's me trying to figure out if I should buy two so I can have one ROTJ and one TBOBF.

That's definitely a tough call... but hey it only came in at $229.99!
"This is the way."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 9, 2022, 11:39 AM »
I'm confused.  Patrick says available on Pulse tomorrow for $229.  Then he says on shelves Summer of 2023.  Then he says its a Pulse Exclusive in the U.S. in Canada.  Is it coming to retail and the preorder is exclusive or is it just available through Pulse?  Love the set, not loving the price.  Probably a better deal than a $350 black series Rancor though.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: February 9, 2022, 11:41 AM »
I'm confused.  Patrick says available on Pulse tomorrow for $229.  Then he says on shelves Summer of 2023.  Then he says its a Pulse Exclusive in the U.S. in Canada.  Is it coming to retail and the preorder is exclusive or is it just available through Pulse?  Love the set, not loving the price.  Probably a better deal than a $350 black series Rancor though.

Sounded like it was up for pre-order tomorrow, shipping in summer 2023 (the on shelves sounds like a mis-phrasing). They said it is a Pulse exclusive in the US but it would be going to select retailers internationally.
"This is the way."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 9, 2022, 11:47 AM »

Sounded like it was up for pre-order tomorrow, shipping in summer 2023 (the on shelves sounds like a mis-phrasing). They said it is a Pulse exclusive in the US but it would be going to select retailers internationally.

I thought maybe that, but the text they showed on screen literally says "On Shelves Summer 2023"...?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #9 on: February 9, 2022, 11:49 AM »
I'm looking at purchasing this and using most of it in my Jabba's Palace Dio and just have one of those Deluxe Boba Fetts on the throne in a separate area in my collection room.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #10 on: February 9, 2022, 11:57 AM »
I'm looking at purchasing this and using most of it in my Jabba's Palace Dio and just have one of those Deluxe Boba Fetts on the throne in a separate area in my collection room.

I think that's probably the way to go, or at least rotate the display every few months or something.

At that cost I can only justify 1 one of them. And at the size, I'd only have the space for one anyways.

This had long been on my to-do list to build a full Jabba's palace diorama for my new collection room one day. I think I am more than ok with just using this set instead.
« Last Edit: February 9, 2022, 12:05 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 9, 2022, 12:00 PM »
$230?!

That thing is definitely amazing but that price still feels high!

At that price I can’t believe it’s not a Haslab thing.
« Last Edit: February 9, 2022, 12:00 PM by Rob »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 9, 2022, 12:06 PM »
This looks amazing! There's definitely some sticker shock, but the level of detail is impressive. And Bib Fortuna looks amazing, such as he is.  I'm a little disappointed that this version of Bib Fortuna would only be available through the playset, but that's a first world problem.

The summer 2023 delivery date? That seems like the most significant detail, and it seems worthy of some thoughtful discussion. Since when is Hasbro pitching a general or exclusive release product 18 months out? Preorders that might be 6 to 9 months away are one thing. But a 1 year + order process and this is not a Haslab campaign. Hmmm...
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 9, 2022, 12:16 PM »
This looks amazing! There's definitely some sticker shock, but the level of detail is impressive. And Bib Fortuna looks amazing, such as he is.  I'm a little disappointed that this version of Bib Fortuna would only be available through the playset, but that's a first world problem.

The summer 2023 delivery date? That seems like the most significant detail, and it seems worthy of some thoughtful discussion. Since when is Hasbro pitching a general or exclusive release product 18 months out? Preorders that might be 6 to 9 months away are one thing. But a 1 year + order process and this is not a Haslab campaign. Hmmm...

Hot Take -- this thing was scrambled together the last 6 weeks in a desperate attempt to get that money they were counting on from the failed Rancor HasLab. It's basically a HasLab in all but name.

It will be interesting to see if quantities instantly sell out or if it lingers (because of either the high price or the fact that no quantity limit is set yet.)

I want it and will likely get it, but I don't just make $200 toy purchases on a 24hr turnaround. Heck, I don't even buy $25 TVC figures the next day after reveal...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 9, 2022, 12:38 PM »
Hot Take -- this thing was scrambled together the last 6 weeks in a desperate attempt to get that money they were counting on from the failed Rancor HasLab. It's basically a HasLab in all but name.

It will be interesting to see if quantities instantly sell out or if it lingers (because of either the high price or the fact that no quantity limit is set yet.)

I want it and will likely get it, but I don't just make $200 toy purchases on a 24hr turnaround. Heck, I don't even buy $25 TVC figures the next day after reveal...

I've got to wonder if you're right on that point. I did notice that the Black Series Marketing manager was conspicuously absent from this particular livestream.  She has appeared on a number of them, and maybe I'm reading too much into this - but someone had to take a hit for how that Haslab campaign was mis-managed.

There do appear to be a number of elements that might have been existing assets for Hasbro.  They were very happy to show off the barware when the Nevarro cantina was revealed.  The dais seems to have been updated, but looks a lot like the SOTDS one.  And I'm thinking that the throne and Bib Fortuna were almost certainly in an existing state of development following the end of Mando season 2.  And I'm also wondering if that TVC Deluxe Boba Fett (Tatooine) has softgoods in order to sit on that throne.

I also have to wonder what Hasbro's yardstick will be for this to be sold out?
« Last Edit: February 9, 2022, 12:39 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback