Author Topic: G.I. Joe Toys Thread  (Read 104953 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #195 on: April 29, 2009, 07:21 PM »
2 packs?  Very reminiscent of the Joe V. Cobra Days... but I like the selections at least.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #196 on: April 29, 2009, 11:26 PM »
I'd buy that pack in a heartbeat. Hopefully, the rest of the 2-packs have character selections like this one.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #197 on: April 30, 2009, 10:06 AM »
I can't see why they'd invest the money and resources into this project without putting it out on DVD or possibly continuing "the series"  Kinda silly to just stick it up on the web and then to only show it once on cable at midnight.  Hopefully we'll learn more at Comicon.

Maybe this will have something to do with it:

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=9&itemid=14417

Apparently Hasbro is partnering with Discovery to create a new kids/family channel and programming.  I think it will basically be a re-branded Discovery kids, but I didn't read the entire release.  They did specifically mention shows based on brands like GI Joe, Transformers, My Little Pony, etc.  It might be a chance to see new shows around Joe and TF, but to be honest I wouldn't mind if they just re-ran the old toons ala Boomerang :).

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #198 on: April 30, 2009, 10:33 PM »
I'm on my way to Hamilton, ON for the GI Joe Convention.  Quite a long drive from Minnesota.  I'm in London, ON for the night after driving and sight seeing on the way over for the con.  I haven't done much toy shopping on the way except for a few Wal-Marts in Michigan but they didn't have anything worth buying.  However, when I stopped at the White Oaks Mall Wal-Mart in London I found the movie MARS Trooper 3-Pack.  Looks very cool.  Now I wish it would just stop raining so my trip to Niagara Falls isn't too wet. 

I'll be adding pictures from the Canadian Con like I have done for the last 4 Master Collector Joecons.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #199 on: April 30, 2009, 10:49 PM »
Look at it this way...  Even when it's not raining in Niagara Falls, you always get wet from the mist off the falls...  Man I love it up there. :)  Good times.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #200 on: May 7, 2009, 07:21 PM »
I know there are a few Joe club members on here but I don't know how many of them buy the 12" items.  Anyway, this year's free club figures are starting to hit mailboxes and I got the 12" Talking Black Adventure Team Commander this year. 

The figure comes with shorts, t-shirt and a dog tag and then they offered an accessory set that includes a box, boots, uniform, pistol and shoulder holster.  My Commander came yesterday and today I got the accessory set.  Really nice figure, IMO, so I thought I'd post a photo of him in all his gear.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #201 on: May 8, 2009, 12:02 PM »
I let me membership slide right before cutoff...

Really wanted one of those..  I am sure they will have some at the club store.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #202 on: May 8, 2009, 02:45 PM »
Pretty....More pics at Hiss

Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Alyosha

• Youngling
  • Nemesis Creator
    • View Profile
    • BrokenArrowToys.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #203 on: May 8, 2009, 03:58 PM »
Just got in the RES SE, and did a quick set of pics and review.  If  you don't mind the trek, they are up here:

Resolute Snake Eyes *IN HAND* Pics and Review

Almost forgot, want to give credit to Black Sheep Toy Store for the hookup.  Great bunch of guys and fair to deal with.

*EDIT*  The link seems to be working fine for me, but if not, here it is again :

http://www.brokenarrowtoys.com/forum/index.php?topic=498.msg2617
« Last Edit: May 9, 2009, 12:09 AM by Alyosha »

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #204 on: May 8, 2009, 05:43 PM »
Need to fix your link bro.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #205 on: May 8, 2009, 06:32 PM »
I know there are a few Joe club members on here but I don't know how many of them buy the 12" items.  Anyway, this year's free club figures are starting to hit mailboxes and I got the 12" Talking Black Adventure Team Commander this year. 

The figure comes with shorts, t-shirt and a dog tag and then they offered an accessory set that includes a box, boots, uniform, pistol and shoulder holster.  My Commander came yesterday and today I got the accessory set.  Really nice figure, IMO, so I thought I'd post a photo of him in all his gear.

E...

Took a picture of the box, which is a really nice promo.  For those interested, the phrases that he speaks are:

"I've got a tough assignment for you."
"This is going to be rough, can you handle it?"
"We must get there before dark.  Follow me."
"The Adventure Team has the situation controlled."
"Set up team headquarters here."
"Contact Adventure Team Headquarters right away."
"The Adventure Team is needed in Africa."
"Mission accomplished.  Good work men."

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #206 on: May 9, 2009, 12:47 PM »
Can someone who follows this stuff better than I do help me figure out what's going on with the wave 5 vehicles?  Are they available at retail, or are they internet-only somewhere?  If so, where?  Or are they not really available?  I want a couple Stingers and an Arctic HISS, that's all.  Is that too much to ask?

And while I'm whining, when and where do those Cobra Island 7-packs go on sale?

Buying toys shouldn't be this hard... ::)
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Alyosha

• Youngling
  • Nemesis Creator
    • View Profile
    • BrokenArrowToys.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #207 on: May 9, 2009, 01:05 PM »
The 7 packs aren't up anywhere just yet.  They should be within a couple of weeks now that package pics have been posted.  As for the vehicles, Hasbro said they would be availble through e-tailers who buy in large quantities, so I suggest BBTS or EE.  You may be able to use others (I prefer GoodStufftoGo or SmallJoes), but I don't think they have pre-orders up right now.  The vehicles are scheduled to ship this month from BBTS, and all they have left are a few odd singles (but not one of everything) and complete cases.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #208 on: May 9, 2009, 02:10 PM »
Buying toys shouldn't be this hard... ::)

Quote of the year.

Has anyone ever read anything to suggest that Hasbro would re-solicit those wave 5 vehicles to regular retail stores after the movie push is over?  Or is it along the lines with the current 25th style figures; maybe?

Honestly, I think this GI Joe film is going to be so bad, and the toy line supporting it tank so hard, that future retail releases of Joe figures will either be completely in jeopardy or Hasbro will have to scramble to get the current style figures/toys back on shelves to stop a mass exodus.

E...

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #209 on: May 9, 2009, 02:27 PM »
Smalljoes will probably get my dollar for the Stinger and FLAK/Claw if they sell them outside of the case.  Otherwise I will be watching Hasbro's site.  I really hope the wave 14 figures eventually see a release to stores or online as well.  I want that Falcon.