Author Topic: Vintage Figures Which Have Not Been Updated  (Read 75714 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Vintage Figures Which Have Not Been Updated
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2005, 05:32 PM »
Well thats good news. I really hope they get going ont he remaining figures. Its only the right thing to do.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2005, 09:07 AM »
That is definitely good news.  Getting the figures we had in the vintage line remade with modern molds is one of my top priorities for the line.  If we couldn't get a whole lot of other figures, I'd at least want to have a vintage/modern counterparts type of thing going.  They are getting pretty close now, and its good to hear that they have every intention of finishing them off.  To be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing them upgrade some of the figures from the POTF2 range as well.  Sculpting has really improve quite a bit in some cases compared to the figures from those lines.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2005, 10:10 AM »
To be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing them upgrade some of the figures from the POTF2 range as well.  Sculpting has really improve quite a bit in some cases compared to the figures from those lines.

We'll have to start a wish list of those guys too... ;D
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2005, 10:18 AM »
To be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing them upgrade some of the figures from the POTF2 range as well.

We'll have to start a wish list of those guys too... ;D

Some people around here have already started their  PotF2 Resculpt Wish List.   ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 7, 2005, 11:23 AM »

For Sure
1)Klaatu Palace version
2)Chief Chirpa
3)Lumat
4)Romba
5)Warok

Debatable
1)Blue Gonk
An exact replica of the Lars family Power Droid was not made with the Power Droid provided with the jawa
2)Bespin Guard black
The correct ethnicity has not been released yet, however an Asian and White Guard have been
3)Rebel Commander
A figure similar to this was released however it was not based on the vintage figure
4)Imperial Commander One was done in a different costume
5)Death Squad Commander One was done in a different costume
6) B-Wing Pilot  One was done in a different costume
7) Imperial Dignitary One was done in a different costume
8)Barada #2 (Kithaba) One was done in a different costume
9)Nikto One was done in a different costume

A lot of these are possible with the SAGA 2 wave descriptions that have been reported so far.  The only ones that seem like they could be missed are:

1)Blue Gonk
2)Bespin Guard - African American version
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2005, 11:10 PM »
Bring on the Ewoks......Fu Man Chu Bespin guard.....Echo Base Rebel.....Death Squad Commander.....

Oh and I want Super Articulation....wishing is free...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2005, 02:40 PM »

2)Bespin Guard - African American version

I guess #1 most of the extras in the OT were British...and I don't think there were any Africans in Star Wars...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2005, 11:14 PM »
Update!

For Sure
1)Klaatu Palace version
2)Chief Chirpa
3)Lumat
4)Romba
5)Warok

Debatable
1)Blue Gonk
An exact replica of the Lars family Power Droid was not made with the Power Droid provided with the jawa
2)Bespin Guard black
The correct ethnicity has not been released yet, however an Asian and White Guard have been
3)Rebel Commander
A figure similar to this was released however it was not based on the vintage figure

4)Imperial Commander One was done in a different costume
5)Death Squad Commander One was done in a different costume
6) B-Wing Pilot  One was done in a different costume
7) Imperial Dignitary One was done in a different costume
8)Barada #2 (Kithaba) One was done in a different costume
9)Nikto One was done in a different costume
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 02:50 PM by Scott »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2005, 12:07 PM »
At Hasbro's pace of 2 per year, it could be another 4-5 years before they complete the vintage updates.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2005, 04:07 AM »
So are people in agreement that the upcoming Derlin figure constitutes the remake of the vintage Hoth Rebel Commander figure?  I'm undecided myself, but I guess that sounds fairly reasonable to me...

I certainly wouldn't put the vintage Imperial Dignitary into the "debatable" category though.  I think that one's a definite no-brainer there, and isn't at all remotely like the two Saga Dig's that we got, neither of which were the tall and skinny Dignitary.  That dude definitely needs to get remade, no doubt about it.

But at least we're getting a little closer now...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2005, 05:55 AM »
To me, the Reb. Commander vintage figure looked NOTHING like Derlin.  If anything, the first POTF2 Hoth Rebel Soldier was closer in looks/execution to the Vintage Reb Commander...  If we're comparing the figures anyway.

I'd say Derlin covers it though because I don't know what else the absence of the Reb. Commander on the list could be but Derlin...

On another note Scott, I'd say bump that Death Squad Commander up if you're basing him on his uniform.  I got the 365 Days of Star Wars book and I can now 100% say that the grey uniformed Death Star (Squad) Trooper did exist in the control pod during the Superlaser scenes...  There's a pic in that book as clear as day of that guy.  The book's a welath of pictures (My favorite is the Yavin briefing scene's picture.  Holy cow I want the dude with the porkchop sideburns that go into a mustache.  That's classic 70's).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2005, 01:13 PM »
Too bad Derlin is a Major, otherwise they could have gotten away with labeling the figure Rebel Commander: Derlin or Major Derlin: Rebel Commander.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2005, 01:34 PM »
Yeah, that 365 book is the Star Wars book that I've been waiting for for years.  It's really packed, and there is tons of OT stuff that I've never seen, and I feel that I've seen it all.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2005, 03:05 PM »
And, yes, that Death Star Trooper (Death Squad Commander) is absolutly wearing a grey uniform.  The vinatge figure is correct.  What's odd though, is on close inspection, his costume is grey, while Tarkin's is more of the green-grey. Hmmmmm.....

The figure that I really want now is that little guy with the goggles standing under the spidery looking ship is Mos Eisley.  That little dude is nuts.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2005, 11:16 PM »
A repaint pack of Ewoks would knock out a bunch

The Kithaba/Barada one is the punch in the gut, it would have been fairly easy to do something with Barada this go round.  No way they ever get that one done

Imperial Commander I'm going to call too, we've gotten Piett, Motti, Ozzel, and now Veers (who is on the vintage cardback) and Jerjerrod.  I'd say its enough

I'm also calling Rebel Commander, Derlin and the earlier two field Rebels are enough.  There is a specific guy in the trenches who looks like the Rebel Figure "Come On!" but its close enough

I still say the others on the debateable list are debateable and so there they will stay (I could even make a case for 2 of the 3 Ewoks)