Author Topic: Sideshow snow bunny Padme with new head  (Read 4446 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Sideshow snow bunny Padme with new head
« on: September 14, 2016, 01:01 PM »
I'm thinking of replacing the axe murder head from the Sideshow Snowbunny Padme with one that looks more like Natalie Portman. How difficult is it to remove the head? Would any 1/6 scale head work? I'm thinking of putting this head on instead.

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Sideshow snow bunny Padme with new head
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 06:40 PM »
In general 1/6 parts remove fairly easily with warm water.  What becomes an issue is the fitment of new to old.  I'd take the SS head off and try to compare to that new one.  12" collecting seems much easier to customize from what I've heard but I lnow little about SS figs Paul.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 02:20 PM »
Some suggested using the Triad Toys "Eva" body and head. It's suppose to look like Natalie with short hair from Mr Magorium. It even has changeable breast plates.

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 01:05 AM »
That's not the headsculpt you're looking for though judging by the hair...  The one you pic'd first seemed to be more in line with Padme's look. 

What they accomplish in 1/6 in terms of replicating a realistic human just downsized, is really impressive...  As great as HT is, and SS for that matter, there are (as you showed) smaller companies doing even more amazing things.

1/6 really is a scale that takes these out of the realm of toys and into the realm of models/replicas.

I used to collect some 1/6 WW2 stuff, and it was a slow process but man, did Dragon do amazing stuff.  I remember seeing a German officer figure from like Stalingrad for an anniversary of the battle I think, and he had everything from the assigned extra socks and underwear, to a working miniature pencil, photographs of family, etc.  It's just insane.  Real metal, individual bullets able to be chambered, food, cigarettes...  just unreal.  It's a scale you can really totally immerse yourself in, and just ignore all other scales, and you'll have something new to buy and try out and I think you'd be rarely disappointed.

And that scale just keeps getting better somehow.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77