Author Topic: Battle of Endor Wave  (Read 85117 times)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Endor Wave
« Reply #240 on: June 2, 2006, 02:20 PM »
The head looks like a Lando head to me...  To be honest I'd have preferred them repainting (different hair color, maybe some painted on stubble) the two heads the Saga 02 figure had, but still an African American head is cool too, I just think that's a Lando head slapped on there.

I would just call it a black head...Africa/America didn't exist in SW!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 2, 2006, 02:23 PM »
I just think that's a Lando head slapped on there.

That's because Lando is the man.  Not only did he blow up the second Death Star, but he secretly was able to land on Endor too and turned the tide in the Battle of Endor, but due to film editing, the Ewoks got all the credit.

:)

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #242 on: June 2, 2006, 02:26 PM »
Wasn't there a rumor going around a month or two ago that there was gonna be an Artoo included with the Endor wave, though?

Yeah, there was... but then we found out that it's just the Hoth R2-D2 again.

From EE:
1x R2-D2 (Saga #10), 1x Commander Cody (Saga #24), 1x Darth Vader (Bespin, Saga #38), 2x Chief Chirpa (Saga #39), 2x Moff Jerjerrod (Saga #40), 2x Death Star Gunner (Saga #41), 2x C-3PO (Ewok Village, Saga #42), 1x Emperor Palpatine (Saga #43).
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

SilverZ

« Reply #243 on: June 2, 2006, 02:49 PM »
That's a great soft goods poncho for Luke. Someday maybe they'll make a proper SA Jedi Luke that is up to current line and industry standards to put it on.  ::)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #244 on: June 2, 2006, 02:58 PM »
Yeah, there was... but then we found out that it's just the Hoth R2-D2 again.

Oh.  Well, that sucks.  'Cause I could really go for a Bunker-Blasted Artoo. 

(And for that matter, I could really go for a Death Star Trench-blasted Artoo, as well.  Not to mention a simple Artoo repaint on the new astromech body--which is much better than the VOTC body that they're continuing to pump out.)

Oh well.  Thanks anyway.

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 2, 2006, 03:03 PM »
Here's my speculation on these 3 figures:

Luke: I'm...speechless. There are honestly no adjectives created that can fulfill how happy I am about this figure. Oh, and to those of you who think it'll be the OTC figure w/ a poncho, you are wrong. He is not wearing that outfit under the poncho in the movie. He is wearing the outfit he wears when he fights Vader. Hasbro has made a few mistakes in the past as far as keeping track with the movies, but nothing that big.

Vader: Once again, i'm basically speechless. I've been wanting the ultimate final duel Vader FOREVER. This is just...fantastic. I'll be buying it in a heartbeat.

Endor Soldier: Well, this and the Emperor will be the pegwarmers of the wave. Not too excited about this one. And as someone said earlier, isn't this a G.I. Joe sculpt (or at least part of it)?

I'm very happy!! :D
Yo is what yo is.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 2, 2006, 03:06 PM »
 ;D this is a great wave for sure now, right up there with the Tat wave for me anyway.  Black rebel great idea not only does hasbo need to up the rebels out there they need to mix the races.  I for one would love to see latin, asain, white even though we've already had that variations running.  Also who down the line wouldn't love to see head/racial variations of x-wing pilots using the VTSC body running around in some future wave.  Vader kicks ass definate buy just for those accessories.  Luke on the other hand wasn't he just wearing the shirt and not the robey looking thing by that piont in the movie?  so wouldn't hasbro at least have to change that on him?
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #247 on: June 2, 2006, 03:16 PM »
Oh, and to those of you who think it'll be the OTC figure w/ a poncho, you are wrong. He is not wearing that outfit under the poncho in the movie. He is wearing the outfit he wears when he fights Vader. Hasbro has made a few mistakes in the past as far as keeping track with the movies, but nothing that big.

Just because that's what the character was wearing in the movie, doesn't mean that Hasbro wouldn't just do a simple repack with a new accessory or two.

(Someone feel free to scale these down and do a side-by-side if necessary)

The lower legs look identical, with the same knee joints--which they haven't used on another figure in a while.  The head and left hands look identical.  The right hand has obviously been reworked.  That's pretty much all we know at this point, without getting a peek under the poncho.   :o
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 2, 2006, 03:26 PM »
Yes, The legs could kitbashed and from this we just can't tell what's underneath.

Which leads me to my next Q for Chewie-

"Oh, and to those of you who think it'll be the OTC figure w/ a poncho, you are wrong. He is not wearing that outfit under the poncho in the movie. He is wearing the outfit he wears when he fights Vader"

How do you expertly know this(that Hasblow got it right)? Are you looking at a different/(poncho removed) photo than we are?

Does it feel good to tell people they're wrong about something? Is it EGO boosting?

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #249 on: June 2, 2006, 03:29 PM »

Does it feel good to tell people they're wrong about something? Is it EGO boosting?

I think the answer is yes.  Depending on the person telling them is wrong feels good.  Ego boosting?  I do not know about that but people tell me I am wrong all the time and they seem to feel better about it. :'(
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 2, 2006, 03:38 PM »
HaHa that was a funny reply, thanks! ;D

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #251 on: June 2, 2006, 05:20 PM »
That Vader is incredible. Another great wave!  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 2, 2006, 05:24 PM »
Yes, The legs could kitbashed and from this we just can't tell what's underneath.

Which leads me to my next Q for Chewie-

"Oh, and to those of you who think it'll be the OTC figure w/ a poncho, you are wrong. He is not wearing that outfit under the poncho in the movie. He is wearing the outfit he wears when he fights Vader"

How do you expertly know this(that Hasblow got it right)? Are you looking at a different/(poncho removed) photo than we are?

What in the world are you talking about?  I never said any of that - I think you are quoting the wrong person.

???

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 2, 2006, 06:31 PM »
I want all 3 plus an extra Rebel.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Resurrection Bob

• Youngling
  • All new likeness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 2, 2006, 06:32 PM »
The Vader looks like the same sculpt as the Emperor's Wrath version, just with a new mechanical piece running through the arm.  My question is, do we really think he comes with the stuff pictured, or is that just some parts of the figure disassembled?  The little mechanical piece next to him looks to be the same one inside his right arm, and I don't know why a Vader would come with a skull besides the one inside his helmet.  So he can do a Scorpion fatality, perhaps?

I'd be surprised if Luke's body is different under that poncho, but either way, this is a kitbash that makes sense and that I've wanted for a while.  The rebel guy looks pretty good and should fit in with the Endor soldiers I already have, while being an improvement over them in the articulation department.