Author Topic: Battle of Endor Wave  (Read 85092 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Battle of Endor Wave
« Reply #255 on: June 2, 2006, 07:39 PM »
Luke- That poncho looks fantastis as does the new hoslter. Like everyone, I was wishing for an all new SA Luke. This will have to do for now I guess, at least they fixed up the hands some.

Vader- Another pretty good kitbash/repack. Count me in for 1.

Endor Soldier- This one is the highlight of the wave for me. It isn't the SA Rebel I wanted so badly but it is much better than the SAGA version. I'm glad the articulated the legs and did away witht eh crappy pose. THe thing I'm a little worried about is the wide stance he has, perhaps the legs were just placed funny during the scan. The new holster looks great, I really do hope he comes with the rifle as well. The head looks fine to me, hopefully the will go ahead and have a variant or two with different heads. Count me in for a few of these.
"This is the way."

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 2, 2006, 08:24 PM »
While these three new figures all look great, especially the Endor Rebel Trooper, I'll pass on all of them. For reference:

« Last Edit: June 2, 2006, 09:53 PM by Jeff »

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 2, 2006, 08:30 PM »
In all honesty that Vader with the extra skeleton head is ridiculous IMO.  Great for custom fodder but I think it will look pretty dumb with that head on. Would of made more sense releasing a second head similar to the POTF Wrath version but maybe a bit more transparent.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #258 on: June 2, 2006, 08:34 PM »
Sure these aren't custom figures? Meh.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 2, 2006, 08:39 PM »
The stands have no peg holes...

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #260 on: June 2, 2006, 09:49 PM »

They are hand-painted prototypes for sure. Who knows if that is actually what the finished versions will look like.
"This is the way."

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 2, 2006, 10:00 PM »
The stands have no peg holes...

That is odd.  Well actually it's stupid.  Maybe that is just for the picture?  I don't know? 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 2, 2006, 10:43 PM »

If they are, I wish I could customize that good.

:)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #263 on: June 3, 2006, 01:50 AM »
I think Slothus was directing his post at Roton7's post as he quoted it if I'm not mistaken, and he probably just erred when typing the name out...

Anyhoo, my thoughts on the whole shebang here...

-Luke...  The poncho looks good, though there's potential there for bulkiness...  Are we SURE that Luke doesn't wear the vest under the poncho on Endor?  I seem to recall the argument made at one point or another that the vest can be seen at some point on him, but it's off when he's taken to Vader on the landing platform... 

Either way, Grammy Tarkin's right that you can't see under the poncho to know one way or the other, but what we can see is the legs of the OTC/Saga Jedi Luke, and the head/hand as well...  That's not boding well for an all-new body.

For my money, a SA Luke with a removable vest and poncho would've been the ideal...  Have a heat/cold decal on the chest to show the "open flap" for his Death Star Duel, and you'd have a Luke for all seasons from ROTJ...  Not that any of that cool **** would happen, it's just what should happen. :)

-Vader...  I agree that I think we maybe don't get all that stuff and this just turns out to be a prettier EW Vader...  Nothing more for accessories and stuff though.

-Rebel Trooper...  Again I say, I'm holding my judgment till I see one more up close, but to be honest that looks pretty decent.  If the vest is flexible enough the arm articulation will be even better too...  But the upper body of the Saga Endor Rebel wasn't bad, it was the legs that killed, and it appears Hasbro gave the SA treatment to at least those new legs...  The head I'm indifferent on, but head variants would obviously be nice because the Saga figure was NEVER worth army building.

To me the Endor soldier will be the better seller of these 3...  EW Vader didn't fly off the pegs first time around, and Luke's as "likely" to sell as the Anakin and Obi-Wan are with their spiffy cloaks...  Sure a poncho's cool, and I like the belt, but neither's a HUGE selling point for a $7 figure so I don't think it's got the feet under it some do...  The Endor Rebel's an army builder, and unlike Snowtroopers and whatnot, he's an IMPROVED army builder...  That's grounds for some popularity, but I don't think he'll have the movement a Clone does obviously...  he'll do ok for a while though.  I wager moving like the AT-AT Driver or OTC TIE Pilot, or Cloud Car pilot...  Steady sales after an initial burst...
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 3, 2006, 02:21 AM »
I doubt they're customs, the luke poncho and the names on the figure stands mean that someone's a seamstress and good with photoshop for the names, or their legit. 

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 3, 2006, 01:38 PM »
I would bet they're legit.  That Naboo wave (has the same background and layout) looks too nice to be custom.

Am I the only one who thinks that Endor Vader kicks ass?  I wonder if that skull fits inside the helmet to get the true affect of the movie.

Great figure regardless, reminds me of the Dagobah Vader that had the "Luke Reveal" feature.  That was cool for it's time.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #266 on: June 8, 2006, 10:49 AM »
Anyone else wondering if they do a running change on the Endor Soldier similar to what the orginal SAGA series did?

Variants!   ;D

« Last Edit: June 8, 2006, 10:50 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 8, 2006, 11:11 AM »
Thanks for the pics/link Jeff, that's definitely some nice news.  The figures don't look too bad, and its nice to get some variety in the soldier ranks as well.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 8, 2006, 11:23 AM »
Those Endor troops ROCK!  I am so happy about this... best figure in the Endor wave, at least in my opinion.  I'll probably get 4 white ones, 2 black ones.  Nice!

:)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Naboo Wave
« Reply #269 on: June 8, 2006, 12:23 PM »
That second Endor soldier is a nice surprise and the pictures of both look great. They'll be nice to add to the army.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."